V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Raced a GT....

Search this Thread

Old 1/27/06, 11:46 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think you'd need to wonder what a 475 HP stang could do to a 350 HP stang.
Old 1/30/06, 12:18 AM
V6 Member

Belial:

Next time race him on some turns, your car is much lighter than his!

I started a thread in here on the Procharger a few days ago and several members told me to look up your thread: they weren't real hot on the idea. What happened with the problems you were having? How did you work them all out? Most importantly, are you now happy with the end results? Your hp numbers seem lower than the near 400hp Procharger advertises.

Also, a manual transmision does not have torque converters. You can learn about them here (note: I am including this link for educational, not sarcastic, purposes only):

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/torque-converter.htm
Old 1/30/06, 02:27 PM
V6 Member

Hey bud.

Yeah man, I know manual's don't have 'em. That's why I don't know much about them, never had to deal with it before. I appreciate the link, though, that's always the site to go to with these questions.

My problem with the Procharger... check out the long thread I started.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=40434

It's got pretty much all the details.

Bottom line:

Awesome hardware, nonexistent software, infuriating customer support. They basically lied to their customers back in November, selling "full" kits with programmer and tune included. Unfortunately, they didn't have a tune at that time. They still don't. So the end users have been paying the extra money (not a small amount) for full kits and having to spend their own money and time developing their own tunes. I don't mind spending the money for the dyno time, but I don't want to spend $500 extra for a "complete" kit, as well as the extra money for fuel injectors that are needed and not included, as well as the hours and hours of dyno time needed to create a tune from scratch. Of course, now they tell me they're only selling the tuner kits, not the complete ones.

Funny, that's not what this invoice I'm holding says.

At the end, I was lucky enough to order from an awesome shop who did all this extra work free of charge (RPM in Garner, NC). But they still had to eat a lot of costs and time.

What's Procharger done to fix this problem?

Not a darn thing. They basically told me I could have returned the kit if I didn't like it. Yep. Torn it off my car, boxed it back up, and sent it back for a refund.

Thanks guys.

So yeah, that's my problem with Procharger.
Old 1/30/06, 03:50 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by Belial@January 30, 2006, 1:30 PM
Hey bud.

Yeah man, I know manual's don't have 'em. That's why I don't know much about them, never had to deal with it before. I appreciate the link, though, that's always the site to go to with these questions.

My problem with the Procharger... check out the long thread I started.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=40434

It's got pretty much all the details.

Bottom line:

Awesome hardware, nonexistent software, infuriating customer support. They basically lied to their customers back in November, selling "full" kits with programmer and tune included. Unfortunately, they didn't have a tune at that time. They still don't. So the end users have been paying the extra money (not a small amount) for full kits and having to spend their own money and time developing their own tunes. I don't mind spending the money for the dyno time, but I don't want to spend $500 extra for a "complete" kit, as well as the extra money for fuel injectors that are needed and not included, as well as the hours and hours of dyno time needed to create a tune from scratch. Of course, now they tell me they're only selling the tuner kits, not the complete ones.

Funny, that's not what this invoice I'm holding says.

At the end, I was lucky enough to order from an awesome shop who did all this extra work free of charge (RPM in Garner, NC). But they still had to eat a lot of costs and time.

What's Procharger done to fix this problem?

Not a darn thing. They basically told me I could have returned the kit if I didn't like it. Yep. Torn it off my car, boxed it back up, and sent it back for a refund.

Thanks guys.

So yeah, that's my problem with Procharger.
edited..

This dude never responds anyway.. Screw him!
Old 1/31/06, 01:18 AM
V6 Member

What a drag man. I once had a mechanic bail out on a "gauranteed" high performance engine he made for me. He really left me hanging with no ride. I had to withdraw from college for a semester--that cost me money too.

I had to find another high performance mechanic to assume the job and that was not easy. It turns out the first gay never clearanced my lifters properly and a section of the engine block broke. Live and learn. You will win in the end here, though: not many of us here are goung to buy their unit if they treated you like that.
Old 1/31/06, 08:19 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
*Paul mentally scratches Procharger off the list of companies to ever do business with*

Belial, I have to give you serious credit for hanging in there
Old 1/31/06, 09:31 PM
V6 Member

T-stang, that ain't cool at all, man. Pay him a visit with a baseball bat?

I woulda.

And as far as hanging in there goes... I didn't have much choice.

Well, I could have just torn the thing off and gone back to stock, but... yeah, no, I think anybody who posts on this particular board could understand the hesitation. We're all interested in adding power, and removing it once it's been tasted is pretty painful.

MSP- I don't get it? Who doesn't reply?
Old 2/1/06, 08:47 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Ouch..supercharger without a T-Lok..
That has gotta suck.

Get that puppy installed...
No more one wheel peels
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img] hahah
Old 2/1/06, 09:02 PM
GT Member

Can't wait to see you with a LSp and you will be dealing out some real numbers.... Great Job