V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

procharger vs powerhouse turbo

Old 11/28/09, 10:28 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
procharger vs powerhouse turbo

so after doing some research i found out that these are probably the best FI systems out there for our 05-09 v6 stangs. im debating between the two, and id like to hear some pros and cons of both and peoples feedback that have worked with these systems. i know its easier to accomplish more hp with the turbo but also have to replace more on the car with it too. anybody have any info please post, numbers, 1/4 mile, other suggested mods, ect. thanks all
Old 11/28/09, 03:41 PM
GT Member

Had both a P1SC and now a powerhouse turbo on this car (not at the same time, of course).

Not sure how they would perform on a 4.0L, but do know two that have put a powerhouse (PH) turbo on their respective vehicles. With plenty of supporting mods, one hit 10.9 and the other 11.0 in the 1/4 with the PH turbos. That's fast enough to show your taillights to 90% of modded GTs.

As far as our own experience, been satisfied with both products. It was a coin toss between going from P to F series procharger or turbo. Been dealing with PH for a couple of years now, Went from a 67 to a 76mm. Service, product, and after-sales support...excellent

Last edited by forensicsteve; 11/28/09 at 03:44 PM.
Old 11/28/09, 04:38 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by forensicsteve
Had both a P1SC and now a powerhouse turbo on this car (not at the same time, of course).

Not sure how they would perform on a 4.0L, but do know two that have put a powerhouse (PH) turbo on their respective vehicles. With plenty of supporting mods, one hit 10.9 and the other 11.0 in the 1/4 with the PH turbos. That's fast enough to show your taillights to 90% of modded GTs.

As far as our own experience, been satisfied with both products. It was a coin toss between going from P to F series procharger or turbo. Been dealing with PH for a couple of years now, Went from a 67 to a 76mm. Service, product, and after-sales support...excellent
if i did the procharger i would go with the D1SC i hear that is meant for more modded engines and can pull out higher numbers. do you recomend the turbo?
Old 11/28/09, 05:03 PM
GT Member

Give Mike Bolden a call at Powerhouse (powerhouse411.com). Just chat with him about a PH turbo for your car.

We've been very satisfied with his turbos and his customer service is superb. Big difference between the Procharger and a PH turbo is the torque to rwhp ratio. Typically the rear wheel torque off the procharger is a lot less than the rwhp. Other way around with the turbo...whatever you make rwhp, the torque is likely to be even higher.
Old 11/28/09, 05:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

I read all the posts, but my initial response would be to increase torque in the V6. At some point power is going to be useless, but nothing feels faster than torque. Figure the chassis on these cars likes to put down 365 to the wheels. After that you will have to play with suspsension setups and driveline mods. I have seen some nice cars putting down 460 HP to the ground and using the power, but by that time the car is so purpose built it isn't a "Daily Driver" anymore.

Whatever you decide, FIRST have an end game planned.
Old 11/29/09, 12:16 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by shaun_beauchamp
I read all the posts, but my initial response would be to increase torque in the V6. At some point power is going to be useless, but nothing feels faster than torque. Figure the chassis on these cars likes to put down 365 to the wheels. After that you will have to play with suspsension setups and driveline mods. I have seen some nice cars putting down 460 HP to the ground and using the power, but by that time the car is so purpose built it isn't a "Daily Driver" anymore.

Whatever you decide, FIRST have an end game planned.

my end goal is to get up to 400RWHP. this car will be used for car shows, occasionally track runs, and will be driven to work and shows once or twice a week depending on weather. so i figured id start with FI, with a conservative tune (maybe 8 psi) until i can put in forged internals, rear, gears, heads, cams, ect. than i will up the boost. i know it will be very expensive and id be better off doing an engine swap, but i like the challenge and in the end it will be very different to see.