V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

PipeLine Intercooled V6 8psi results

Search this Thread

Old 2/24/06, 06:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scrming @ February 24, 2006, 7:36 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I am still the Torque King....

more to follow on that...

and while we can bench race and compare dynos til we are blue in the face... but until I start seeing some time slips... Mikes Turbo is the FASTEST.... Followed by Paul's Zex... and then finally I think me... another Zex....
[/b][/quote]

I will catch you eventually John, or spend every cent I have trying. Enjoy the TQ throne .... can't wait to see what you have been cooking up latey. I'm sure it will be...GOOD!

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

And, lets all remember numbers are fun, but 1/4 mile times is where its at like John says. Add the TC/SC and N20, now spend another season putting it to the ground. Unfortunately, Scrming is ahead of us in this area. March 5th baby, and I will be posting some times.

And tomorrow, my LCA's go on!

Bring it!
Old 2/24/06, 06:07 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scrming @ February 24, 2006, 7:36 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I am still the Torque King....

more to follow on that...

and while we can bench race and compare dynos til we are blue in the face... but until I start seeing some time slips... Mikes Turbo is the FASTEST.... Followed by Paul's Zex... and then finally I think me... another Zex....
[/b][/quote]

Who is Paul? Mike ran the Zex to a 12.3 and the turbo to an 11.8.
Old 2/24/06, 06:14 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlackLX4.0 @ February 24, 2006, 8:10 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Who is Paul? Mike ran the Zex to a 12.3 and the turbo to an 11.8.
[/b][/quote]

Paul with PHP, he used a 75HP shot and broke into the 12's if I remember correctly.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rygenstormlocke @ February 24, 2006, 8:15 PM) [post=]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'>
Paul with PHP, he used a 75HP shot and broke into the 12's if I remember correctly.
[/b][/quote]

Paul's High Performance was invited to the Morana V-6 Shoot-Out at Milan Dragway on Sept 3, 2005. PHP had previously run a 13.90 @ 95.5 mph with their 2005 V-6 Mustang, 5-Speed. For the Shoot-Out, we decided to add a 75-HP ZEX nitrous kit. The car was dyno-tuned by Paul Svinicki on Friday night, just before the Shoot-Out. At the Shoot-Out the V-6 ran a best of 12.80 @ 105.85 mph on the 75-hp shot of nitrous. The best 60-ft time was 1.6669. The V-6 also backed up its N/A time of 13.93 @ 95.95 mph during the Shoot-Out. On motor only, the V-6 makes 206 hp and 237.8 lb ft of torque. With the 75-hp shot of nitrous, the V-6 makes 279.3 hp and 361.2 lb ft of torque. Look for more from PHP with this "little terror". In the meantime, all of the parts PHP used to make their V-6 so fast are available by calling 517-764-7661.

Source: http://www.paulshp.com/
Old 2/24/06, 06:31 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rygenstormlocke @ February 24, 2006, 8:17 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Paul's High Performance was invited to the Morana V-6 Shoot-Out at Milan Dragway on Sept 3, 2005. PHP had previously run a 13.90 @ 95.5 mph with their 2005 V-6 Mustang, 5-Speed. For the Shoot-Out, we decided to add a 75-HP ZEX nitrous kit. The car was dyno-tuned by Paul Svinicki on Friday night, just before the Shoot-Out. At the Shoot-Out the V-6 ran a best of 12.80 @ 105.85 mph on the 75-hp shot of nitrous. The best 60-ft time was 1.6669. The V-6 also backed up its N/A time of 13.93 @ 95.95 mph during the Shoot-Out. On motor only, the V-6 makes 206 hp and 237.8 lb ft of torque. With the 75-hp shot of nitrous, the V-6 makes 279.3 hp and 361.2 lb ft of torque. Look for more from PHP with this "little terror". In the meantime, all of the parts PHP used to make their V-6 so fast are available by calling 517-764-7661.

Source: http://www.paulshp.com/
[/b][/quote]

Oh right, PHP. Forgot about them. Mike still went faster. So it would be Mike, Mike(again), Paul and then John, lol! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img]
Old 2/24/06, 06:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Torque may get you off the line... but it doesn't win the race alone.

Don't get me wrong... it is still an impressive number.

Now that I have some time, I'm gonna bust everything out of the ProCharger box, inventory, and bring my car into the garage. I'll probably start tonight, but I don't have a whole day period anywhere to install it in one shot. I'll probably do each day throughout the weekend. Hopefully I'll be finished by Monday morning.

Does anyone know of a good dyno in the Colorado Springs area??
Old 2/24/06, 06:55 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Flapjack @ February 24, 2006, 8:46 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Torque may get you off the line... but it doesn't win the race alone.

Don't get me wrong... it is stillan impressive number.
[/b][/quote]

It doesn't really get him off the line, it makes him sit and spin! J/K John, you know i respect your numbers.

OH BTW, Mike just sent me an email answering a couple of questions I asked earlier. The first question was about 3.73s and tire size at the track. He said that a 28" tall tire would work best. So if you have 3.73s and want the turbo, there ya go. The second question, well, I'll let him tell you all when he's ready. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] But it's a good thing.
Old 2/24/06, 07:02 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlackLX4.0 @ February 24, 2006, 8:58 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
It doesn't really get him off the line, it makes him sit and spin! J/K John, you know i respect your numbers.

OH BTW, Mike just sent me an email answering a couple of questions I asked earlier. The first question was about 3.73s and tire size at the track. He said that a 28" tall tire would work best. So if you have 3.73s and want the turbo, there ya go. The second question, well, I'll let him tell you all when he's ready. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] But it's a good thing.
[/b][/quote]

Well hopefully the car will hook good next weekend! Most of the test-n-tunes around here they don't really bother with making sure the track is prepped real well... I'm thinking the the track should be pretty sticky for the FFW!
Old 2/24/06, 07:07 PM
Cobra R Member

you going to the track again john? awesome. Im shooting for march 10th, Hopefully its not 95 degrees (f'in arizona)
Old 2/24/06, 07:14 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fazm @ February 24, 2006, 9:10 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
you going to the track again john? awesome. Im shooting for march 10th, Hopefully its not 95 degrees (f'in arizona)
[/b][/quote]

Yeah... planning on DRIVING to Orlando next week for the Fun Ford Weekend... should be fun... and i'm betting there won't be ANY SNOW! LOL!

I haven't had a N/A run in ages... so I'll try and see what my N/A times are now...
Old 2/24/06, 07:21 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scrming @ February 24, 2006, 9:17 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Yeah... planning on DRIVING to Orlando next week for the Fun Ford Weekend... should be fun... and i'm betting there won't be ANY SNOW! LOL!

I haven't had a N/A run in ages... so I'll try and see what my N/A times are now...
[/b][/quote]

Absolutely, I'm very interested in your NA times now! Keep us posted, if you like, send me a msg from your phone and I will put up a post on it for everyone in real time. LOL.
Old 2/25/06, 01:27 PM
GT Member

MSP can you please be objective for at least one post mate, your defensiveness about Vortech is trying at times. Mikes curve IS better, so if driver skill were a non-issue, the Pipeline is the superior system. Now this is all just based on performance on a dyno alone. Driver skill is an issue in a race, but bringing up driver skill in a race is a non issue when you are comparing dyno curves. By no means am I knocking any of the superchargers, they're all great products and it's admirable that you'd spend so much money on a 4.0 and I completely commend it, I hope to do it one day real soon. But I'm afraid that there is an absolute best when you're comparing dyno curves and it's the pipeline. you can throw excuses out all day long, but at the end of the day an SC is going to be using HP to make HP where a turbo HP is more or less free and has a fatter power band. Conceding the merits of another product is not going to make your car any less fast, and besides, are you actually getting any personal gain by the systems Vortech sells? Are you losing anything for any PC or Pipelines sold? Nope, so there's no need to be so defensive about it.
Old 2/25/06, 01:36 PM
MSP
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Goliath @ February 25, 2006, 12:30 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
MSP can you please be objective for at least one post mate, your defensiveness about Vortech is trying at times. Mikes curve IS better, so if driver skill were a non-issue, the Pipeline is the superior system. Now this is all just based on performance on a dyno alone. Driver skill is an issue in a race, but bringing up driver skill in a race is a non issue when you are comparing dyno curves. By no means am I knocking any of the superchargers, they're all great products and it's admirable that you'd spend so much money on a 4.0 and I completely commend it, I hope to do it one day real soon. But I'm afraid that there is an absolute best when you're comparing dyno curves and it's the pipeline. you can throw excuses out all day long, but at the end of the day an SC is going to be using HP to make HP where a turbo HP is more or less free and has a fatter power band. Conceding the merits of another product is not going to make your car any less fast, and besides, are you actually getting any personal gain by the systems Vortech sells? Are you losing anything for any PC or Pipelines sold? Nope, so there's no need to be so defensive about it.
[/b][/quote]

Your right Goliath! I hate Mike Bowen so much I am knocking his product.. LOL! Not even close Goliath.. Your mis-reading the very fine details.. Your viewing my post the way you view me which is negatively..

Mike Bowen Knows how I feel about his product, thats all that matters.. Not what anyone else thinks..
Old 2/25/06, 01:50 PM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MSP @ February 25, 2006, 3:39 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Your right Goliath! I hate Mike Bowen so much I am knocking his product.. LOL! Not even close Goliath.. Your mis-reading the very fine details.. Your viewing my post the way you view me which is negatively..

Mike Bowen Knows how I feel about his product, thats all that matters.. Not what anyone else thinks..
[/b][/quote]

Heh I assure you I didn't misread a word of it, you bring up driver skill and racing when we're all sitting around and wowing at the pipeline system's dynosheet, I'm not responding to any more of your posts in this thread because it's simply a lesson in frustration.

And as a parting shot, your actions is what shaped my opinion (and that of many others) of you so put that into perspective. Sorry mods [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]

ON TOPIC: How much internal work would need to be done so you could run a 75 shot with this setup. The absurd torque that nitrous puts out with the already robust numbers the turbo setup comands would be a rocket ship. I think the 'arms race' should be pointed in the direction of the first S197 4.0 that can wheelstand, that'd be incredible!
Old 2/25/06, 01:50 PM
MSP
Banned

Hey Goliath take a trip to the 4.0 side and read my thread!

http://american-speed.com/collective/forum...hread.php?t=109

View what the Fastest 2005 Mustang in America is running!

"World's Quickest 2005 Mustang!"

http://www.paxtonauto.com/team.html

Also, look at the Vortech V2 Blower on the motor.. Its odd its the exact same blower on my car isnt it!! Also read the Supercharger shoot out!

Its amazing how the product on my car powers the fastest 2005 Mustang in America. WOW!! Thats wiered!

@Mike Bowen

This has nothing to do with you or your Product Mike.. You know how much I like your Pipeline.. So ignore this please! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/25/06, 02:44 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Goliath @ February 25, 2006, 3:53 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Heh I assure you I didn't misread a word of it, you bring up driver skill and racing when we're all sitting around and wowing at the pipeline system's dynosheet, I'm not responding to any more of your posts in this thread because it's simply a lesson in frustration.

And as a parting shot, your actions is what shaped my opinion (and that of many others) of you so put that into perspective. Sorry mods [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]

ON TOPIC: How much internal work would need to be done so you could run a 75 shot with this setup. The absurd torque that nitrous puts out with the already robust numbers the turbo setup comands would be a rocket ship. I think the 'arms race' should be pointed in the direction of the first S197 4.0 that can wheelstand, that'd be incredible!
[/b][/quote]

Well... it's like this... while Mike and I were tooling around town in his car, i mentioned that if I was to get his turbo i would probably keep the zex an use that to get me off the line... Mike then blasted off from the stop light (it is a rocket ship!) and said why? He had made his point! His setup makes some really nice power down low! I would still keep the Zex installed but it would be for looks... LOL
Old 2/25/06, 03:12 PM
GT Member

MSP it does not really matter what Uncle Robin's 05 is running since he actually does not run an 05 motor. Its a commonly known fact that Turbos make more power than superchargers.I have a Vortech Strim in my car and it works great , but that does not mean i cant recognize that A Turbo kit wont yield better results. If money was not a concern I would always go Turbo before Supercharger. I dont really think any of forced induction systems available to the public for the 4.0 is able to beat the Pipeline kit in the HP and TQ department. my 2 cents
Old 2/25/06, 05:06 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Keep it on topic, and if members have issues with other members,
notifiy an admin/moderator, do not call them out within the thread.

Thanks you.
Old 2/25/06, 05:13 PM
Cobra R Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Puerto Rico 4.6 @ February 25, 2006, 4:15 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
MSP it does not really matter what Uncle Robin's 05 is running since he actually does not run an 05 motor. Its a commonly known fact that Turbos make more power than superchargers.I have a Vortech Strim in my car and it works great , but that does not mean i cant recognize that A Turbo kit wont yield better results. If money was not a concern I would always go Turbo before Supercharger. I dont really think any of forced induction systems available to the public for the 4.0 is able to beat the Pipeline kit in the HP and TQ department. my 2 cents
[/b][/quote]

done and done [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img] why use horsepower to make horsepower?
Old 2/25/06, 05:53 PM
MSP
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Puerto Rico 4.6 @ February 25, 2006, 2:15 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

Mike and I have corresponded through email.. He knows what I think about his kit.. He understands me.. Thanks for your input Puerto Rico 4.6! This all started with a presumption that if you own a Turbo you will win against Superchargers.. Thats when I chimed in.. So alot of this has been angled to pit me against Mike, which is not the case.. Then the usual twist the facts in 10 post later, so onlookers will think my position is against the turbo setup.. However if you read from the beginning you get the entire picture, instead of just recent post..

Its kind of a game which is played to twist peoples perception about my ideas... For people who dont keep up with the thread, the tactic works.. For people who have kept up, they dont reply.. I must admit, it is a clever trick..

Its almostlike this.. Lets say you and I were having a discussion.. I stated my opinion or thoughts on a subject and you countered.. Now, 3 or 4 pages later, someone makes a statement and implies it as my theory.. From there, as new people come into the discussion they enter into it with the notion that the implied thoughts attributed to me are my real feelings.. So they chime in against me.. Then I have to respond.. By the time joe-blow enters the thread, a complete distortion of my thoughts and theories are now believed to be held by me.. When in reality, I said that logic dictates that a turbo is better, because you can bring created boost with you to the lower rpm band, and use it to climb back to the top.. Where as a supercharger only makes it up top..

So hopefully you can understand how this can happen.. Mostly by people who are not interested in the actual subject matter, but more for being against my opinions..
Old 2/25/06, 06:13 PM
GT Member

i understand how the internet work , dont worry.I did read the whole thread, just felt like adding a bit, nothing against you thou....I see you liked the methanol injection system. I use 100 meth no mix, it does make the AF richer so have to compensate with the tune , but the gains are bigger than running 50/50. Straight water will not change your AF but it will lower the temps, not as much as meth, but it will work.Good Luck

Quick Reply: PipeLine Intercooled V6 8psi results