V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

PipeLine Intercooled V6 8psi results

Search this Thread

Old 2/23/06, 11:56 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Flapjack @ February 24, 2006, 12:06 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I'm sure we will after we're done, but we all know who's going to win...

darn you, Mike. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img] I wish I could've parted with an extra $1000. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

I should up my pulley to 8 PSI and lean out the mix to where Mike has it. If we're gonna compare, it should be apples to apples. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]
Old 2/24/06, 07:32 AM
GT Member

the second graph doesn't look like it leans out quite as extreme as the first one
Old 2/24/06, 09:52 AM
GT Member

You said this system would work with a CAI (I believe, I think it was in email you sent me). Will you have tunes for folks with the system and a CAI?
Old 2/24/06, 11:43 AM
MSP
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Belial @ February 23, 2006, 10:59 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I should up my pulley to 8 PSI and lean out the mix to where Mike has it. If we're gonna compare, it should be apples to apples. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

LOL! Thats what I was thinking!! I think Mikes turbo is doing real good especially on the torque! But all things being equal, after leaning mine out by 1% and retarding the timing up top, I know the 8psi kit wouldnt pose a problem for me right now.. I'm more concerned about his 12psi setup.. LOL!

Also, it must be noted all my dyno were done using 91 octane, and not 93 octane pump gas.. I cant find 93 around where I live..

But setting all things aside, I am happy Mike does have a good product show casing.. I hold a special place for Mike for his early r&d work, which is why its really hard for me to talk about the Pipeline turbo..
Old 2/24/06, 12:24 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>(Belial @ February 23, 2006, 10:59 PM)

I should up my pulley to 8 PSI and lean out the mix to where Mike has it. If we're gonna compare, it should be apples to apples.[/b][/quote]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MSP @ February 24, 2006, 12:46 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
LOL! Thats what I was thinking!! I think Mikes turbo is doing real good especially on the torque! But all things being equal, after leaning mine out by 1% and retarding the timing up top, I know the 8psi kit wouldnt pose a problem for me right now.. I'm more concerned about his 12psi setup.. LOL!

Also, it must be noted all my dyno were done using 91 octane, and not 93 octane pump gas.. I cant find 93 around where I live..

But setting all things aside, I am happy Mike does have a good product show casing.. I hold a special place for Mike for his early r&d work, which is why its really hard for me to talk about the Pipeline turbo..
[/b][/quote]

I can not see a centi Procharger @ 8psi or 9psi even running leaner to make the diff in HP&TQ to over come Mikes turbo, his curve to is to big along with the higher HP&TQ # the other thing is it makes it s HP&TQ at a much lower RPM range and for a longer period of time during that range for the centi Procharger to over take it.

Running the Procharger leaner is not going to make up for the low end HP&TQ or large curve and will not catch it by the end of the 1/4. The tubo will out muscle it off the line big time & during the 1/8 and has the power to take to the traps for the better ET.
(Everything else being equal)

I don't want to argue with you guys on this it's my just my opinion.
Old 2/24/06, 12:39 PM
V6 Member

Oh, I don't doubt that this turbo setup could come out ahead, but another pound of boost would probably net another 15 max HP, maybe 12 more lb-ft of torque... and leaning my setup out from its 10.4 A/F to 11.3 would easily net another 10HP/TQ and a fatter curve, based on the runs that have been done on my car. Again, these are slightly out of the hiney numbers, but they're pretty close to what I've seen tuning my car and seeing results from others.

Which would mean mine, which is currently at 304.1 RWHP and 287 RWTQ (latest tune) would be closer to 330 RWHP and 310 RWTQ. Again, a thinner band, so probably still not the area under the curve that Mike's setup has, but certainly not lagging all that far behind.

So, again, not arguing the superiority of one over the other, just trying to keep comparisons even here for potential buyers of various systems. I think everybody here who's been keeping up will know I'm not exactly endorsing the system on my car. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]

We're trying to compare what various power adders do in roughly equal conditions, so let's compare equal boost levels and equal A/F ratios (or as close as possible) to determine what each system will do with roughly equivalent stress to the engine.
Old 2/24/06, 12:53 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Belial @ February 24, 2006, 1:42 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Oh, I don't doubt that this turbo setup could come out ahead, but another pound of boost would probably net another 15 max HP, maybe 12 more lb-ft of torque... and leaning my setup out from its 10.4 A/F to 11.3 would easily net another 10HP/TQ and a fatter curve, based on the runs that have been done on my car. Again, these are slightly out of the hiney numbers, but they're pretty close to what I've seen tuning my car and seeing results from others.

Which would mean mine, which is currently at 304.1 RWHP and 287 RWTQ (latest tune) would be closer to 330 RWHP and 310 RWTQ. Again, a thinner band, so probably still not the area under the curve that Mike's setup has, but certainly not lagging all that far behind.

So, again, not arguing the superiority of one over the other, just trying to keep comparisons even here for potential buyers of various systems. I think everybody here who's been keeping up will know I'm not exactly endorsing the system on my car. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]

We're trying to compare what various power adders do in roughly equal conditions, so let's compare equal boost levels and equal A/F ratios (or as close as possible) to determine what each system will do with roughly equivalent stress to the engine.
[/b][/quote]

Belial I was going on the Procharger dyno at 9psi, you really have to look close at both dyno runs through out the RPM range and even at 9psi it's not close. Ok I don't know the A/F ratio or whether it was lean or rich on the Procharger but you would think they would tune it for a good showing.

The centi chargers by PC and VT are nice chargers and make good HP&TQ for these 4.0's no doubt and at a nice price and there are things I like about them, but they like to make boost in the higher RPM range and these 4.0 don't like high RPM's. I still like the centi chargers its just I like the turbo #'s after seeing Mikes dyno data I could still end up with a Procharger or maybe the turbo but I like Mikes dyno #'s.
Old 2/24/06, 12:55 PM
MSP
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJ06 @ February 24, 2006, 11:27 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I can not see a centi Procharger @ 8psi or 9psi even running leaner to make the diff in HP&TQ to over come Mikes turbo, his curve to is to big along with the higher HP&TQ # the other thing is it makes it s HP&TQ at a much lower RPM range and for a longer period of time during that range for the centi Procharger to over take it.

Running the Procharger leaner is not going to make up for the low end HP&TQ or large curve and will not catch it by the end of the 1/4. The tubo will out muscle it off the line big time & during the 1/8 and has the power to take to the traps for the better ET.
(Everything else being equal)
I don't want to argue with you guys on this it's my just my opinion.
[/b][/quote]

No need for us to argue TJ06.. However, Mike mentioned his does make peak torque around 2700rpm.. Based on things such as logic, it should be assumed that we cant make peak torque until a much higher rpm range.. Your basically trying to imply we think the Turboicharger curve is non-existant..

Everyone knows the differences between the Supercharger and Turbocharger. Why are you trying to make it sound as if we are ignoring it? Come on TJ, knock it off.. Mikes kit is good based on the technology.. Supercharger do things in a different way.. We are not going to argue, unless you insist on making it sound like we dont understand the differences between a S/C and a T/C.. Everyone knows the T/C will peak TQ sooner.. Everyone.. So whats your point.?

Not arguing, just having a friendly discussion.. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]

Also TJ, you make it sound as if just because the TQ peaks sooner then a turbo will always be faster than a Supercharger.. Tell that to a guy I beat yesterday driving a 2005 WRX Turbo.. White with the gold wheels.. Me and this guy went from a rolling start from a stop light and I murdered him.. I heard him shifting gears and his turbocharger spooling up and he couldnt catch me.. So I bet that guy will tell you how a heavier Mustang with a Supercharger was able to pounce on his lighter car with a Turbo..

This car

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/impreza/wrxsti2005.html

This cars specs

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/imprez...005.html#stats

2005 Vortech V6 @ 12psi murderd this car..

I slaughtered one yesterday from a rolling start.. It was a bad site.. The guy was pissed off, and refused to give a thumbs up... He just waved!

I was not going to talk about this, but you forced me.. Just having a Turbo does not make the car faster.. I beat this guy to a pulp.. When we hit it, he got a fender on me while my tire spun.. Then as I shifted to 2nd gear, I put him at my back bumper and pulled away.. Then 3rd gear, and I heard his turbo blow-off valve release signaling the white surrender flag.. He was done.. Cooked, put a fork in it!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/24/06, 01:47 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>'MSP' date='February 24, 2006, 1:58 PM' post='650528']
No need for us to argue TJ06.. However, Mike mentioned his does make peak torque around 2700rpm.. Based on things such as logic, it should be assumed that we cant make peak torque until a much higher rpm range.. Your basically trying to imply we think the Turboicharger curve is non-existant..

Everyone knows the differences between the Supercharger and Turbocharger. Why are you trying to make it sound as if we are ignoring it? Come on TJ, knock it off.. Mikes kit is good based on the technology.. Supercharger do things in a different way.. We are not going to argue, unless you insist on making it sound like we dont understand the differences between a S/C and a T/C.. Everyone knows the T/C will peak TQ sooner.. Everyone.. So whats your point.?

Not arguing, just having a friendly discussion.. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img][/b][/quote]

MSP maybe I am misinterpreting you guys post and overreacting as normal can't help it my bad just ignore me when it happens I get to opinionated, hasn't this ever happen to you? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> MSP
LOL! That’s what I was thinking!! I think Mikes turbo is doing real good especially on the torque! But all things being equal, after leaning mine out by 1% and retarding the timing up top, I know the 8psi kit wouldn’t pose a problem for me right now[/b][/quote]

I took the above quote as you running your Vortech at 9psi, and you were probably talking about 12psi which I thought was only for testing not a DD or racing in my reply above in post #25.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Also TJ, you make it sound as if just because the TQ peaks sooner then a turbo will always be faster than a Supercharger.. Tell that to a guy I beat yesterday driving a 2005 WRX Turbo.. White with the gold wheels.. Me and this guy went from a rolling start from a stop light and I murdered him.. I heard him shifting gears and his turbocharger spooling up and he couldnt catch me.. So I bet that guy will tell you how a heavier Mustang with a Supercharger was able to pounce on his lighter car with a Turbo..

This car

This cars specs

I slaughtered one yesterday from a rolling start.. It was a bad site.. The guy was pissed off, and refused to give a thumbs up... He just waved!

I was not going to talk about this, but you forced me.. Just having a Turbo does not make the car faster.. I beat this guy to a pulp.. When we hit it, he got a fender on me while my tire spun.. Then as I shifted to 2nd gear, I put him at my back bumper and pulled away.. Then 3rd gear, and I heard his turbo blow-off valve release signaling the white surrender flag.. He was done.. Cooked, put a fork in it!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

MSP I am not saying a turbo is better or a supercharger is better just in this case the turbo looks to be the better option of course at a price I down deep want a supercharger but can't just ignore this turbo have to do some thinking.

One more thing I know everyone knew the curve would be better on a turbo its just this curve is much better than expected for a turbo and I get a little excited. If I remember correctly Mike posted a dyno months ago and it had a much smaller curve in the lower RPM range.
Old 2/24/06, 01:50 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MSP @ February 24, 2006, 2:58 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

Not arguing, just having a friendly discussion.. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]

Also TJ, you make it sound as if just because the TQ peaks sooner then a turbo will always be faster than a Supercharger.. Tell that to a guy I beat yesterday driving a 2005 WRX Turbo.. White with the gold wheels.. Me and this guy went from a rolling start from a stop light and I murdered him.. I heard him shifting gears and his turbocharger spooling up and he couldnt catch me.. So I bet that guy will tell you how a heavier Mustang with a Supercharger was able to pounce on his lighter car with a Turbo..

This car

This cars specs

[/b][/quote]

The turbo makes more power all along the RPM range. Tell me how it wouldn't be faster?
Old 2/24/06, 02:00 PM
MSP
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlackLX4.0 @ February 24, 2006, 12:53 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
The turbo makes more power all along the RPM range. Tell me how it wouldn't be faster?
[/b][/quote]

I am just pointing out that a race is a race.. There are alot of different factors which go in to getting an ET.. It does not take much longer for me to tach out 1st, 2nd, gear which is when the race starts.. By 3rd gear is a race to the 1st 1/8th marker.. By 4th gear, its all HP related... So the turbo is good.. But it does not mean it will win every race...

Why do people insist on a need to say definitively that one is absolutley better than another? Why must people buy based on absolute perspectives.. ??

I just dont understand Jimp.. Help me to understand the need to look at a dyno sheet and come to logical conclusions so everyone can post saying Mikes Turbo is the absolute best thing you can buy for our cars? The Pipeline Turbo is a great product, but not at the down rating of the Superchargers.. Knowing how my car feels and what it can do, I have no doubt that the 8psi kit could not come close to my car right now.. And in regards to the 12psi kit, give me an 11.5:1 A/F ratio and 104 Octane gas and lets see how much over 400RWHP my car will be @ 12psi.. Mikes was @ 399RWHP with 11.5 A/F and 104octane... You can look at my dyno sheets and should understand that if I was at a 11:5:1 A/F using 104 octane race gas I would go past 400RWHP easily...

Its not all black and white... We must be fair about this..
Old 2/24/06, 02:18 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MSP @ February 24, 2006, 4:03 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I am just pointing out that a race is a race.. There are alot of different factors which go in to getting an ET.. It does not take much longer for me to tach out 1st, 2nd, gear which is when the race starts.. By 3rd gear is a race to the 1st 1/8th marker.. By 4th gear, its all HP related... So the turbo is good.. But it does not mean it will win every race...

Why do people insist on a need to say definitively that one is absolutley better than another? Why must people buy based on absolute perspectives.. ??

I just dont understand Jimp.. Help me to understand the need to look at a dyno sheet and come to logical conclusions so everyone can post saying Mikes Turbo is the absolute best thing you can buy for our cars? The Pipeline Turbo is a great product, but not at the down rating of the Superchargers.. Knowing how my car feels and what it can do, I have no doubt that the 8psi kit could not come close to my car right now.. And in regards to the 12psi kit, give me an 11.5:1 A/F ratio and 104 Octane gas and lets see how much over 400RWHP my car will be @ 12psi.. Mikes was @ 399RWHP with 11.5 A/F and 104octane... You can look at my dyno sheets and should understand that if I was at a 11:5:1 A/F using 104 octane race gas I would go past 400RWHP easily...

Its not all black and white... We must be fair about this..
[/b][/quote]

You shouldn't take it personal. Your car is making more hp and torque than anyone in this forum. Be proud of that. But turbos by design are more efficient. At the same PSI, the turbo should, and does, make more power.
Old 2/24/06, 02:27 PM
MSP
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlackLX4.0 @ February 24, 2006, 1:21 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
You shouldn't take it personal. Your car is making more hp and torque than anyone in this forum. Be proud of that. But turbos by design are more efficient. At the same PSI, the turbo should, and does, make more power.
[/b][/quote]

I know buddy!! We're just talking.. I hope TJ06 understands its just a conversation.. We gotta know and understand that we all should never argue over such things.. We are all on the same team.. We all support all products made for the SOHC 4.0! All of them, from the Explorer Express Supercharger, to the Powerdyne.. We look for the positive aspects of each, respecting each one for their ability to be bolted onto our engine..

You guys already know how I feel about the Pipeline turbo.. You already know my position on it.. I shouldnt be forced to say it..
Old 2/24/06, 02:30 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MSP @ February 24, 2006, 4:30 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I know buddy!! We're just talking.. I hope TJ06 understands its just a conversation.. We gotta know and understand that we all should never argue over such things.. We are all on the same team.. We all support all products made for the SOHC 4.0! All of them, from the Explorer Express Supercharger, to the Powerdyne.. We look for the positive aspects of each, respecting each one for their ability to be bolted onto our engine..

You guys already know how I feel about the Pipeline turbo.. You already know my position on it.. I shouldnt be forced to say it..
[/b][/quote]

Hey, just think what you can do with the $5000 you saved by getting a free SC! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]
Old 2/24/06, 03:18 PM
V6 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlackLX4.0 @ February 24, 2006, 4:21 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

I firmly believe we should all take this extremely personally and fight about it.
Old 2/24/06, 03:22 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Belial @ February 24, 2006, 5:21 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I firmly believe we should all take this extremely personally and fight about it.
[/b][/quote]

That's it! I'm throwin' down! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/slap.gif[/img]
Old 2/24/06, 03:41 PM
Bullitt Member

NT
Old 2/24/06, 05:33 PM
Cobra Member

I am still the Torque King....

more to follow on that...

and while we can bench race and compare dynos til we are blue in the face... but until I start seeing some time slips... Mikes Turbo is the FASTEST.... Followed by Paul's Zex... and then finally I think me... another Zex....
Old 2/24/06, 05:47 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Belial @ February 24, 2006, 5:21 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

Hahahah!
Old 2/24/06, 06:01 PM
Bullitt Member

To whom it may concern, whats the matter your key genrator doesn't work anymore [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

I would be laughing too if I was you.

@All

Please disregard this post above it is meant for one person regarding post #37 and will not post on this again in this thread

T

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scrming @ February 24, 2006, 6:36 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I am still the Torque King....

more to follow on that...

and while we can bench race and compare dynos til we are blue in the face... but until I start seeing some time slips... Mikes Turbo is the FASTEST.... Followed by Paul's Zex... and then finally I think me... another Zex....
[/b][/quote]

Yes scrming you are the Torque King but the lead is shrinking [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: PipeLine Intercooled V6 8psi results