V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

New Turbo Vid

Search this Thread

Old 5/27/06, 01:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New Turbo Vid

Tried to do another one, you can hear the BOV in some of them if you listen closely:

http://www.rygen.net/stang/RygenTurboPartII.wmv
Old 5/27/06, 01:59 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Very cool Todd!
Old 5/27/06, 02:01 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice!
Old 5/27/06, 02:24 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
man when you started it i swore it was a V8... you can tell its a 6 when you get going but still awesome! love turbos! awesome car!
Old 5/27/06, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Knight
man when you started it i swore it was a V8... you can tell its a 6 when you get going but still awesome! love turbos! awesome car!
Thanks man. Yea, I'm glad it still sounds like a six when you get on it. It gets a lot of attention at the track.
Old 5/27/06, 04:03 PM
MSP
Banned

Nice Man!! I heard the BOV! Sweet!
Old 5/27/06, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by MSP
Nice Man!! I heard the BOV! Sweet!
Finally!!!! I hear it so often, to me it isn't loud enough. I'm glad you can hear it.

On friday, on the way home, a 2004 M3 revved at me, I just pointed at the still fresh track lettering in the upper passanger side corner of my window. LOL. Closer look revealed it was a chic driving that M3....****!!!!!!
Old 5/27/06, 04:48 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally Posted by rygenstormlocke
Finally!!!! I hear it so often, to me it isn't loud enough. I'm glad you can hear it.

On friday, on the way home, a 2004 M3 revved at me, I just pointed at the still fresh track lettering in the upper passanger side corner of my window. LOL. Closer look revealed it was a chic driving that M3....****!!!!!!

LOL!! So you let one go huh!

Looks like I will be forever 2nd best to Scrming now.. My biggest weapon was the power of the Vortech V2! Now that Scrming has one, there is no hope I will ever beat him.. I must finally submit! LOL! Scrming is now officially apart of (Team Vortech)!

If my goal was to run deep 12's, I am absolutley positive he will do mid 11's now.. LOL! Pretty Sweet!

I got the water/meth injection kit today! Its pretty sweet! Nice quality parts and fittings.. Should be a fun project..
Old 5/27/06, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by MSP
LOL, if I was single, I would have bought this one a drink!!!!

Originally Posted by MSP
Looks like I will be forever 2nd best to Scrming now.. My biggest weapon was the power of the Vortech V2! Now that Scrming has one, there is no hope I will ever beat him.. I must finally submit! LOL! Scrming is now officially apart of (Team Vortech)!

If my goal was to run deep 12's, I am absolutley positive he will do mid 11's now.. LOL! Pretty Sweet!

I got the water/meth injection kit today! Its pretty sweet! Nice quality parts and fittings.. Should be a fun project..
It will be interesting to see how it plays out. His car is not built like yours, you have the meth going for you and you can up the boost. But hes a track vet. I'm curious to see what you both rip off. Frankly now that he whipped out his secret weapon, I have my work cut out for me to take his slot...LOL. All in good fun.

And yes, Scrming is now one of your boost brothers.
Old 5/27/06, 05:03 PM
MSP
Banned

LOL, if I was single, I would have bought this one a drink!!!!

It will be interesting to see how it plays out. His car is not built like yours, you have the meth going for you and you can up the boost. But hes a track vet. I'm curious to see what you both rip off. Frankly now that he whipped out his secret weapon, I have my work cut out for me to take his slot...LOL. All in good fun.

And yes, Scrming is now one of your boost brothers.
LOL!! I know, isnt that a trip! Yes he is a seasoned veteran at the track! Previously I was hoping to use RAW RWHP as the great equalizer.. But now he can match me on that stroke for stroke.. LOL!!

Man, this is turning out to be really great! Now we must wait for Jimp and see what he is up to.. This is exciting man! I love it!
Old 5/27/06, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by MSP
LOL!! I know, isnt that a trip! Yes he is a seasoned veteran at the track! Previously I was hoping to use RAW RWHP as the great equalizer.. But now he can match me on that stroke for stroke.. LOL!!

Man, this is turning out to be really great! Now we must wait for Jimp and see what he is up to.. This is exciting man! I love it!
I think your advantage against him will be gearing. That 4.10 is mighty tall for SC/TC applications.

Jimp is always the one to suprise, remember when he came out of no where with that 13.5!!!!

Now, he can dig hard....and I don't trust him. I wonder if he got that stall converter. Hmmm.
Old 5/27/06, 09:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Rygen... that is just freakin' sweet! Great viddy! She sounds so mean!

I love that your chirp first and second... and the burnout was a thing of pure beauty.
Old 5/28/06, 06:51 AM

Thanks man, tough crowd here so there had to be something cool in the vid. Though I forgot to cut out a few worthless clips.......I was in a hurry. I'll clean it up later.
Old 5/28/06, 12:28 PM
Cobra Member

That is incredible!!! I love it!!! Dang!!
Old 5/28/06, 12:29 PM
Cobra Member

I think your advantage against him will be gearing. That 4.10 is mighty tall for SC/TC applications.

Jimp is always the one to suprise, remember when he came out of no where with that 13.5!!!!

Now, he can dig hard....and I don't trust him. I wonder if he got that stall converter. Hmmm.
Actually for a centrif. blower the 4.10's might not be so bad... especially since I'm running DR's... hehehe...
Old 5/28/06, 12:34 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally Posted by scrming
Actually for a centrif. blower the 4.10's might not be so bad... especially since I'm running DR's... hehehe...
Trust me, 4.10's are going to be overly aggressive.. The V2 will eat DR's with 4.10's... LOL!! But you might as well find out for yourself.. Your gonna be spinning DR's all the way through the 60' ft watch! LOL!

The curve on the V2 when the timing is advanced, really spins the motor up fast under boost.. I am afraid to put my 3.73's in.. Right now, the 3.31's are not even allowed to go past 3500RPM in first gear... Your gonna need 3.73's I promise..

Maybe slicks would be better.. This way you will pull up the front end..
Old 5/28/06, 12:35 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by MSP

Well, you could still get out there and get the top spot... The Plan right now is to be on the conservative side this summer... just have fun running the Vortech on the stock 4.0L. I will be first to admit I now have to be a little more cautious... I cannot afford to pop this motor... LOL! This little adventure has pretty much emptied my "mod bank account". So will stick with a converative tune (fat) and the 8 to 10 PSI... I'll hit the track at least once! NORWALK!!! LOL! Now... next spring... yeah... mid-11's will not be out of the question... I know the V-2 will be up to the challenge!!!

BTW... I love the way the yellow headlight tint turned out! When Scott told me he wanted to try it i was like "ok" but i was thinging "BLAH!" Then I seen it and I was like WOW!!!! I also had them throw in the dash gauge pod... but I haven't actually seen it yet! LOL!

More photos and stuff... as soon as i can!! I promise!
Old 5/28/06, 12:38 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by MSP
Trust me, 4.10's are going to be overly aggressive.. The V2 will eat DR's with 4.10's... LOL!! But you might as well find out for yourself.. Your gonna be spinning DR's all the way through the 60' ft watch! LOL!

The curve on the V2 when the timing is advanced, really spins the motor up fast under boost.. I am afraid to put my 3.73's in.. Right now, the 3.31's are not even allowed to go past 3500RPM in first gear... Your gonna need 3.73's I promise..

Maybe slicks would be better.. This way you will pull up the front end..
Remember I'm also running taller tires!!! so my 4.10's aren't really 4.10... LOL So if my man Rygen can run 3.73's with the turbo... i can run 4.10's with the centrif! LOL!
Old 5/28/06, 12:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Scrming the 4.10’s should be perfect also lets not forget PHP ran 11’s with 4.10’s. One more thing I know you know this guy he has work done by Lidio and talks with Lidio on on futrure mods his 4.0 Mustang. This guy knows what he is doing I think his is up to around 220HP or more N.A. can't remeber. But not sure if you know this he has already mentioned with his soon to be installed Vortech he might skip 4.10’s and go right to 4.36’s. This will be interesting to see how the 436’s work.
Old 5/28/06, 01:19 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by TJ06
Scrming the 4.10’s should be perfect also lets not forget PHP ran 11’s with 4.10’s. One more thing I know you know this guy he has work done by Lidio and talks with Lidio on on futrure mods his 4.0 Mustang. This guy knows what he is doing I think his is up to around 220HP or more N.A. can't remeber. But not sure if you know this he has already mentioned with his soon to be installed Vortech he might skip 4.10’s and go right to 4.36’s. This will be interesting to see how the 436’s work.
Interesting... haven't talked with Lidio in a few weeks... I was planning on giving him a call and setup a a dyno session so I can get some DynoJet numbers... hmmmmm... guess I'll have to give him a ring next week.. LOL

Quick Reply: New Turbo Vid