V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

New Strut tower brace installed

Search this Thread

Old 11/2/05, 01:14 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
After buying one of the el-cheapo strut braces off Ebay, and having it not fit my car (too wide), I decided to go with a quality adjustable part for the second attempt at getting a brace on there.

Here's the result:
Attached Thumbnails New Strut tower brace installed-strut1.jpg   New Strut tower brace installed-strut2.jpg   New Strut tower brace installed-strut3.jpg  
Old 11/2/05, 01:17 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Nice! Where did you get it?
Old 11/2/05, 01:56 PM
Team Mustang Source

It's by Ecosse Enterprises I was able to pick it up on Ebay for about $200

This is simply a beautifully made piece. The machining and carbon fiber work is all top rate. It's threaded and adjustable in both ends with bearings at the ends. The carbon strut itself only weighs a couple pounds, but it's stronger than heck (couldn't flex it with all my weight applied, and I ain't a small guy)

Yeah, it cost a little more, but I think it looks great, and function-wise it should be outstanding. It doesn't touch the hood lining, and it even looks like it would clear a plenum cover like Midwest's

Next step, I want to see if I can get a couple wheel center caps (w/ Mustang or Ford logos) that'll fit the opening on the machined tower caps. That'd really finish off the install's looks imho
Old 11/2/05, 02:09 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by P_Kiley@November 2, 2005, 4:59 PM
It's the Niche Performance bar (Niche Site), but I was able to pick it up on Ebay for about $100 off Niche's listed price

This is simply a beautifully made piece. The machining and carbon fiber work is all top rate. It's threaded and adjustable in both ends with bearings at the ends. The carbon strut itself only weighs a couple pounds, but it's stronger than heck (couldn't flex it with all my weight applied, and I ain't a small guy)

Yeah, it cost a little more, but I think it looks great, and function-wise it should be outstanding.

Next step, I want to see if I can get a couple wheel center caps (w/ Mustang or Ford logos) that'll fit the opening on the machined tower caps. That'd really finish off the install's looks imho
I thought that was the same one. I can't find it on Ebay right now. :bang:
Old 11/2/05, 03:17 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Jimp@November 2, 2005, 4:12 PM
I thought that was the same one. I can't find it on Ebay right now. :bang:
The seller listed two last month. Perhaps he'll put another up soon.
Old 11/2/05, 04:16 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by P_Kiley@November 2, 2005, 6:20 PM
The seller listed two last month. Perhaps he'll put another up soon.
Thanks for the info! I'll keep looking.
Old 11/2/05, 05:05 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Jimp@November 2, 2005, 6:19 PM
Thanks for the info! I'll keep looking.
I dropped the seller an email asking if they'll be listing any more. Will let you know when I get a reply.
Old 11/2/05, 05:12 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by P_Kiley@November 2, 2005, 8:08 PM
I dropped the seller an email asking if they'll be listing any more. Will let you know when I get a reply.
Great idea! :worship:
Old 11/2/05, 05:17 PM
MSP
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by P_Kiley@November 2, 2005, 12:17 PM
After buying one of the el-cheapo strut braces off Ebay, and having it not fit my car (too wide), I decided to go with a quality adjustable part for the second attempt at getting a brace on there.

Here's the result:

That looks really hot man!! Absolutley nice choice!
Old 11/2/05, 06:07 PM
Team Mustang Source

I just got a reply from Mike at Ecosse Enterprises. He stated these bars were developed and are actually produced by his company, and I asked him about Niche and he simply said he wasn't able to comment on that. Sounds like maybe former partners that had a falling out.

In any even it's a great setup, and yes, he said he will be listing more on Ebay
Old 11/2/05, 06:17 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by P_Kiley@November 2, 2005, 9:10 PM
I just got a reply from Mike at Ecosse Enterprises. He stated these bars are actually produced by his company, and I asked him about Niche and he simply said he wasn't able to comment on that. Sounds like maybe former partners that had a falling out.

In any even it's a great setup, and yes, he said he will be listing more on Ebay
Thanks once again for the info. I'll put him down as one of my favorite sellers now so I can check back when he puts another one up for auction.
Old 11/3/05, 10:57 AM
Bullitt Member

So you are the one, who out bid me :angry:

Better luck to me next time Thank you for the quick review. Could you elaborate on how you adjusted the sides? Thanks!
Old 11/3/05, 11:27 AM
Bullitt Member

I would love to get one if it would allow a plenum cover. Also, like AvtoLubitel said how did you adjust it? Thanks!
Old 11/3/05, 12:51 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by AvtoLubitel@November 3, 2005, 1:00 PM
So you are the one, who out bid me :angry:

Better luck to me next time Thank you for the quick review. Could you elaborate on how you adjusted the sides? Thanks!

Ooops...sorry 'bout that Eugene

Adjusting the sides is easy. There's a threaded rod end w/ bearing on each cap that just screws into the bar end fitting. Just thread it in as much as required and lock it with the attached stop nuts.
Old 11/5/05, 02:59 PM
Team Mustang Source

It was a great sunny day up in the Northeast, and I got a chance to give the car a bit of a suspension test (on some nice twisty and nearly deserted roadway). The strut brace appears to have had a noticeable positive effect on handling, especially noted on washboard pavement. Much less tendency for the car to be upset by that now
Old 11/6/05, 08:14 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by P_Kiley@November 5, 2005, 5:02 PM
It was a great sunny day up in the Northeast, and I got a chance to give the car a bit of a suspension test (on some nice twisty and nearly deserted roadway). The strut brace appears to have had a noticeable positive effect on handling, especially noted on washboard pavement. Much less tendency for the car to be upset by that now

Paul,

Forgive my ignorance here but "washboard pavement"? I'm not familiar with that term...
Old 11/6/05, 09:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by DanteMO@November 6, 2005, 10:17 AM
Paul,

Forgive my ignorance here but "washboard pavement"? I'm not familiar with that term...

I think that is pavement with horizontal ridges in it, some residential neighborhoods have it. I could be totally wrong.
Old 11/6/05, 09:45 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by rygenstormlocke@November 6, 2005, 11:08 AM
I think that is pavement with horizontal ridges in it, some residential neighborhoods have it. I could be totally wrong.
Washboard pavement is a pretty standard term for road surfaces with small surface irregularities/ridges that can get the tires bouncing/vibrating. We're not talking intentional rumble strips or the like, just poorly paved or deteriorated road surface.
Old 12/10/05, 03:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

I just put a Dallas Mustang strut tower brace on my V6. The plenum cover from Midwest will not fit with the brace on the car. I can tell a difference over rough pavement and some turns. Straight, level, and low speed turns - I can't tell. If you anyone with an '05 focus, tell hem to put a Saleen brace on their car: it works wonders across the board - the Focus must not have as stiff a body as the new Mustang!
Old 12/10/05, 03:36 PM
Bullitt Member

What exactly does this brace do? From the post I gathered it helps with handling. How? What purpose? Will it work with a front sway bar, or does one make the other redundant?

Quick Reply: New Strut tower brace installed