V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

My automatic hits 200RRWHP N/A!

Search this Thread

Old 1/28/06, 05:49 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by T-stang@January 28, 2006, 4:48 AM
Gains look very consistent across the power band too. You mentioned extreme cold weather, could that have contributed to gains, or was that factored out (SAE)?

The back end of the car is more out in the open so the bottles tend to stay cooler... the front end however is in the heated shop so the air temp is pretty consistent... and your right the SAE corrects for any difference... actually yesterday wasn't as cold as the 193 run...
Old 1/28/06, 05:51 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Fazm@January 28, 2006, 12:14 AM
I think we need to make a group buy thread for this one. Maybe like 10-15% off? You should talk to him john, see what ya can hook us all up with. Ill be down to buy this week if they can do that
I'll talk to Scott and see what he can do...
Old 1/28/06, 05:53 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by acstone7@January 28, 2006, 1:02 AM
Would gains be similar for a dual set up system? Dang that sounds good with just single exhaust...Well if sound and gains would be similar I would definetely be in for a system.
I'm not sure what would happen on a dual... do you like your neighbors? LOL
Old 1/28/06, 06:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by scrming@January 28, 2006, 7:56 AM
This muffler has me quite interested, I too am wondering what kind of gains it would see over my dual magnaflows. I love the sound of it, and definitely the gains, only thing I'm not keen on is the round bottle like shape that you can see from the side of the car. I wonder if my GT rear bumper valence comes down low enough that you can't see it. We all have our visual preferences.
Old 1/28/06, 06:37 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by scrming@January 28, 2006, 8:56 AM
Wouldn't duals be a little quieter? I mean they are mufflers after all...
Old 1/28/06, 06:49 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by rygenstormlocke@January 28, 2006, 8:30 AM
This muffler has me quite interested, I too am wondering what kind of gains it would see over my dual magnaflows. I love the sound of it, and definitely the gains, only thing I'm not keen on is the round bottle like shape that you can see from the side of the car. I wonder if my GT rear bumper valence comes down low enough that you can't see it. We all have our visual preferences.

Yeah, that muffler shape had me rolling my eyes when Scott first showed it to me... I thought "OMG, Scotts lost it.. he's going to put a FART CAN on my car!" Imagine my surprise when he started the car! Again... think about it... people see that muffler and expect rice... you start the car up and their eyes pop out of their head! LOL!
Old 1/28/06, 08:58 AM
Bullitt Member

So, you guys have all been claiming that exhaust mods dont add significant HP to out 6's.

How do you expain this?
Old 1/28/06, 09:12 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by BurntPony@January 28, 2006, 11:01 AM
So, you guys have all been claiming that exhaust mods dont add significant HP to out 6's.

How do you expain this?
I certainly never claimed that! In fact it's quite the opposite! I say get rid of the stock muffler right away! What I've been told is there is no significant gain by going from a single exhaust to a dual... as much gain as I seen with this MRT setup and still using my stock Y-pipe... well I'm thinking Scott is right again when he told me you really don't need a dual...
Old 1/28/06, 09:59 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by scrming@January 28, 2006, 12:15 PM
I certainly never claimed that! In fact it's quite the opposite! I say get rid of the stock muffler right away! What I've been told is there is no significant gain by going from a single exhaust to a dual... as much gain as I seen with this MRT setup and still using my stock Y-pipe... well I'm thinking Scott is right again when he told me you really don't need a dual...
I agree in theory. Also, opening up the exhaust too much will probably be detrimental unless you are running a TC or SC. But there is good potential in exhaust modifications, whether it be the MRT Muffler (which speeds up and improves the efficiency of exhaust flow) or going to a dual system which still maintains sufficient backpressure. It is determining what the right combination will be that is way beyond my knowledge. BUT I am willng to experiment!!
Old 1/28/06, 10:47 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
very nice
Old 1/28/06, 12:27 PM
Cobra R Member

John, let me know what he says, i got a few CC's in my pocket fighting over the right to be used to purchase this exhaust lol
Old 1/28/06, 01:21 PM
MSP
Banned

Good job Scrming!! So I guess this gives you a slight glimpse into the world of free flowing exhaust..

It is quite something to behold when a mere muffler swap has cast you into a world 200RWHP N/A... I am almost willing to bet that you are at 225RWHP with an xpipe and dual exhaust.. Possibly about 230RWHP with the Pro-Chamber..

I am quite fond of Fords initial YPIPE setup from the factory.. For me it has yielded an impressive 296RWHP 324FT Lbs of Torque.. This number is @ an A/F ratio of 10.9 @ WOT with the 39lbs Cobra injectors beating Premium unleaded into the piston chamber..... Agian this is on the single exhaust being suffocated by the YPIPE..

I have been told that with the re-installation of the Pro-Chamber I am pretty much promised another 25RWHP, and a really good gain on the torque curve... I also must add that this is with a very conservative tune.. The car will last forever, is the way it was described to me...

Lets also couple this to the fact that my car was done by the same people who did the engine for the CS6... Yes, my car is now officially a sibling of the Shelby CS6... LOL!! Does this mean I need to have Carrol Shelby sign something? LOL!! Thats gotta be worth something!!

So while at this time I dont have a dyno sheet, I should have my car back on Monday... This gives me some time next week to get the Pro-Chamber put back on, and get my own Dyno Pull completed.. Thats the sheet I will post..

So feel comfortable taking any numbers I present with a grain of salt.. Although the numbers are real, I dont have a dyno sheet right now to back them up.. But I am one who likes strict honesty for the community, so I am willing to allow allitle decent in this regards... Honesty means adding back 15% to the 296RWHP puts me @ 340HP at the crank... You must remember the CS6 has a dual exhaust, and no dyno sheet has ever been provided...

One point of interest you need to pay close attention to is the A/F ratio of 10.9... Lets just say my car is not starving @ WOT @ 6000RPM... LOL!!

Once the dual exhaust goes back on, we will start to get a clear picture of what it is we are all dealing with...

Again, good job Scrming on your new discovery.. Amongst pioneers, you are truley at the top of your game..

@ALL

Bare with me for a few more days!! I am anxious to help Scrming promote the 2005 V6 Mustangs, with a furious passion!
Old 1/28/06, 01:22 PM
V6 Member

I just can't get enough of how good that sounds scrming...Wow that is nice. I live in an apartment complex so don't really care about sound lol...At the moment im running true dual magnaflow mufflers...not really sure if i gained any hp...mainly was searching for sound and looks. It is a nice sound but gets somewhat ricy in higher rpm's.
Old 1/28/06, 01:29 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by acstone7@January 28, 2006, 3:25 PM
I just can't get enough of how good that sounds scrming...Wow that is nice. I live in an apartment complex so don't really care about sound lol...At the moment im running true dual magnaflow mufflers...not really sure if i gained any hp...mainly was searching for sound and looks. It is a nice sound but gets somewhat ricy in higher rpm's.
Thanks! I just got home from shooting some video... I'm sitting here playing it over and over... smiling away...

I don't think it matters what kind of system is on our V6s... at WOT and high RPMs the sound is going to get thin...
Old 1/28/06, 01:32 PM
Cobra Member

Ok guys... Fresh new videos! Enjoy!!!

From Behind

From the Front

From Inside (windows up!)
Old 1/28/06, 01:33 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by scrming@January 28, 2006, 12:32 PM
Thanks! I just got home from shooting some video... I'm sitting here playing it over and over... smiling away...

I don't think it matters what kind of system is on our V6s... at WOT and high RPMs the sound is going to get thin...

Not with the Pro-Chamber Scrming... This is what I have been trying to point out to everyone for so long.. The Pro-Chamber, based on its design, does allow more gases to shoot by un-scavenged at higher RPMS like an XPIPE or an HPIPE will... The Prochamber dumps all gases no matter the rpm into a chamber.. This ensures that 100% of all gases get hot enough by the time they exit the chamber, thus no high rpm rice sound...

This is the essence of my die-hard Prochamber speech.. What I ave been trying to inform everyone of...
Old 1/28/06, 01:36 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by scrming@January 28, 2006, 12:35 PM
Ok guys... Fresh new videos! Enjoy!!!

From Behind

From the Front

From Inside (windows up!)

Very nice!! The muffler sounds awsome...!! That is amazing! Good job man!
Old 1/28/06, 01:44 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by MSP@January 28, 2006, 3:36 PM
Not with the Pro-Chamber Scrming... This is what I have been trying to point out to everyone for so long.. The Pro-Chamber, based on its design, does allow more gases to shoot by un-scavenged at higher RPMS like an XPIPE or an HPIPE will... The Prochamber dumps all gases no matter the rpm into a chamber.. This ensures that 100% of all gases get hot enough by the time they exit the chamber, thus no high rpm rice sound...

This is the essence of my die-hard Prochamber speech.. What I ave been trying to inform everyone of...
Ok.. that makes sense...

If I WAS going to duals I would go that route... but I'm am more than happy with this new exhaust.... I don't mind that it get's a little thin... 98% of the time my car is never that wound out... LOL!

The exciting thing to take away from this thread is you CAN get this kind of sound from a single... for $225 (plus shipping.. LOL) Now granted I do have the C&L, gears and "Barbaric" shifts... so your mileage will vary... but you get the idea! I only had to go through 2 other aftermarket muffler to find this one! LOL!
Old 1/28/06, 03:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Viddies looks and sound great! Nicely done!
Old 1/28/06, 03:48 PM
GT Member

I almost want to switch to that in a dual setup with the prochamber after hearing those clips and what MSP said. Looks great scrming, thanks for the info MSP.

Quick Reply: My automatic hits 200RRWHP N/A!