V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

MRT Cherry 6T6 exhaust...

Search this Thread

Old 1/19/06, 03:06 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A while back we talked abou the fact that the MRT V6 Vert, Twin Turbo SEMA car was only a single exhaust... I got to talking to Scott today so I asked him about it...

Here's the scoop.. It is the stock 2.25 pipes off the manifolds. The turbos however made it neccesary to lose the cats.. from there it goes to the stock Y-Pipe. They replaced the stock muffler with an AeroTurbine Muffler (http://mrt-direct.com/2005/Pages/mrtaxleback.php).

I heard the car start up and idle... it did sound pretty darn good.. sooooo... I just might have to try one of these mufflers out... LOL! Start with just one and then perhaps go to a dual.. Now all I need is a nice day so I can drive down to MRT! LOL!
Old 1/19/06, 03:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by scrming@January 19, 2006, 5:09 PM
A while back we talked abou the fact that the MRT V6 Vert, Twin Turbo SEMA car was only a single exhaust... I got to talking to Scott today so I asked him about it...

Here's the scoop.. It is the stock 2.25 pipes off the manifolds. The turbos however made it neccesary to lose the cats.. from there it goes to the stock Y-Pipe. They replaced the stock muffler with an AeroTurbine Muffler (http://mrt-direct.com/2005/Pages/mrtaxleback.php).

I heard the car start up and idle... it did sound pretty darn good.. sooooo... I just might have to try one of these mufflers out... LOL! Start with just one and then perhaps go to a dual.. Now all I need is a nice day so I can drive down to MRT! LOL!

Cool!!!

So I have to ask, I notice you are talking it up a little about duals, SLP's now this setup. Is your initial interest in duals for look/sound for your car show's you do? Or are you gonna actually dyno them as well?
Old 1/19/06, 03:56 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by rygenstormlocke@January 19, 2006, 5:33 PM
Cool!!!

So I have to ask, I notice you are talking it up a little about duals, SLP's now this setup. Is your initial interest in duals for look/sound for your car show's you do? Or are you gonna actually dyno them as well?
Main goal is better sound... Think I'll start out with a single and see how that is... and then if needed move to a dual... I really am trying to keep the car looking like a V6... LOL
Old 1/19/06, 08:25 PM
Cobra R Member

i also want mine to look like the v6, but darn those bullitt wheels were too sexy and i finally caved lol.

Single exhaust i think is a must, unless someone proves to me that there are WAY more gains with duals.
Old 1/19/06, 09:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

anybody know what the average HP gain is going to duals? rwhp?
Old 1/20/06, 04:44 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by scotts05custom@January 19, 2006, 11:36 PM
anybody know what the average HP gain is going to duals? rwhp?
Scott and I talked about this again... and he confirmed again... going to a dual really has no performance gain over a good single axle back system.... Scott has probably forgotten more about Mustangs then I'll ever hope to know! LOL (if you not familar with Scott Hoag then here a quick intro http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=28022 Scott is an incredible Mustang enthusiast... This guy eats, sleeps and breaths Mustangs... even our lowly little 'ol V6s!!! LOL!)

A good single axle back is good for about 10RWHP...
Old 1/20/06, 06:26 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by scrming@January 19, 2006, 6:09 PM
It is the stock 2.25 pipes off the manifolds. The turbos however made it neccesary to lose the cats.. from there it goes to the stock Y-Pipe. They replaced the stock muffler with an AeroTurbine Muffler (http://mrt-direct.com/2005/Pages/mrtaxleback.php).
going to a dual really has no performance gain over a good single axle back system....
Their system looks like it would significantly enhance exhaust flow from losing the cats and the muffler. Losing the cats is not an option for me (stupid VA laws!!!), and perhaps not even necessary without a turbo. However, I wonder if the same effect could have been produced by going to an X or an H pipe?

I don't think that going duals is going to make that dramatic a difference. However, Rygen and I have decided to conduct a little experiment. I am starting a new post about it.