Old 1/29/06, 05:19 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sounds like ur on an airplane...

Sounds good though...
Old 1/29/06, 05:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Really hard to tell whether I like that or not.. there's alot of background noise and you can tell its a highly compressed audio file..
Old 1/29/06, 05:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So far, I have not had a single problem with the exhaust system to date, no rattles and no scraping the ground, even backing-up over a curb. The system is tight and solid.
I will see if I can borrow some other sort of recorder, or try to get the compression to shut-off on my video recorder.
Thanks for all the positive feedback.
Brian.
Old 1/29/06, 05:51 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Do you have any straight back shots.
I need to determine whether I want to go for the GT bumper or just notch it. Angled cut tips are a must for me as well.
Old 1/29/06, 08:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by ManEHawke@January 29, 2006, 5:54 PM
Do you have any straight back shots.
I need to determine whether I want to go for the GT bumper or just notch it. Angled cut tips are a must for me as well.
Here is a shot from a previous post (before I even had license plates):
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?ac...e=post&id=41445
If you intend to lower your Mustang, please consider keeping the V6 bumpers. They tuck-in much more than the GT's, and even with mine lowered, I've never drug on stuff.
Old 1/29/06, 08:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Awesome set-up, Gearhead! Wish we had someone like that around here! Here they will weld in an H or install your kit, but are pretty pricey when it comes to fabricating an exhaust.

Speaking of exhaust, and not to hijack the thread, but I was over at Todd's (Rygen's) house and his Magnaflow cat back kit sounds AWESOME! The drone didn't bother me one bit and even under heavy acceleration (he let me drive, hehehe...) it still sounded strong.

And just wait until the X goes in....
Old 1/29/06, 08:49 PM

Originally posted by Excepcion13@January 29, 2006, 10:47 PM
Awesome set-up, Gearhead! Wish we had someone like that around here! Here they will weld in an H or install your kit, but are pretty pricey when it comes to fabricating an exhaust.

Speaking of exhaust, and not to hijack the thread, but I was over at Todd's (Rygen's) house and his Magnaflow cat back kit sounds AWESOME! The drone didn't bother me one bit and even under heavy acceleration (he let me drive, hehehe...) it still sounded strong.

And just wait until the X goes in....

Thanks man!!! Your JBA sounds really good, I was actually very suprised! And Excepcion13's car is tuned very well. She pulls really hard, I can definitely see how the manuals are generating higher numbers. You can feel the difference when you are in the car. Slammed me back in my seat quite a few times.

Gearhead,

This is really good, and I know a good exhaust guy that will find this thread useful. He is the one who installed my custom hangers. He does mostly old school muscle cars, but this will help him when I refer some members to him.

Thanks.

Old 1/30/06, 12:56 AM
Bullitt Member

This sounds good! Will GT take-of mufflers sound like this but not quite as loud? Also, was this $500 including the magnaflow mufflers or did you already have them?
Old 1/30/06, 09:31 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by MSP@January 29, 2006, 5:26 PM
And if you hope for 11.5's, you will get 11.5's.. LOL!! Thats my hope! I have set the bar quite high for myself.. However, anything less than 11.5 in my opinion is not worth talking about for me.. So as I gaze out over the horizon, I invision a dream I am determined to make come to pass..
In my scenario, I can only lose to myself.. The guy in the other lane is just along for the ride... Well, better go ahead and enter the waterbox! As I ease out the clutch and dump it, the Supercharger comes to life!! It sounds like a jet engine getting ready for take off.. The tires create a smoke cloud so large, I disappear in front of your very eyes... I quickley let off the gas, and you hear the blowoff valve create a loud whoooosh!! I think to myself, ok here goes... As I stage, I glance over at the 2004 Cobra, and wonder how in the world I can actually pull this off.. He is stock, so in that I take alittle comfort.. The light turns yellow... He reves.. I inch forward.. I rev!... The 2nd yellow light drops, and just as it dissappears, I dump it!!
Tune in next week, as we take a trip to the first 1/8th marker!! LOL!!
I gotta have a dream guys!! Without a dream, we are nothing but an empty soul!!
Only one problem , the bypass valve in the vortech systems is not a blow off valve and the discharge gets recirculated into the intake ..so no lood whoooosh as u quickly let off the gas. Sorry, mines at 13-14 pounds of boost and does not do it. It will sound great without that, less ricey in my opinion, but heck , its YOUR dream so it will sound like u want it to
Old 1/30/06, 10:37 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by TorchRedV6@January 30, 2006, 12:59 AM
This sounds good! Will GT take-of mufflers sound like this but not quite as loud? Also, was this $500 including the magnaflow mufflers or did you already have them?
The GT mufflers will be too soft. This 14" long Magnaflow is just right (as long as the cats are up front "pre-muffling". Cost was $400 for the system (including the Magnaflows) and $38 for each Stainless Steel Bevel exhaust tip. Total = $476 + tax.
Old 1/30/06, 10:47 AM
Bullitt Member

Here's another thought---those of us in the "convertible camp" will be chosing our exhaust systems from a different perspective. The sound transferring through the soft top and with the top down is different than you coupe dudes. So---we might be opting for a "slightly quieter" sound becuase it doesn't SOUND as quiet in daily use, due to the top (or no top!).

Make sense?
Old 1/30/06, 11:51 PM
Bullitt Member

I think that I like the sound level very well, especially with the windows open and traveling near a Jersey wall, which pretty well simulates a convertible. My last 88 GT just had Walker Dyno-max with no cats, and it really was too loud for long cruising. Also, with a convertible I would imagine the wind noise would be louder than these mufflers at 60 MPH.
Old 10/6/06, 11:44 PM
Bullitt Member

I have added the photos back into this post, as they were lost in the server/software conversion from earlier this year. It's been a while, so perhaps this thread might be useful again for someone.
Thanks, Brian.