V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Mac LT Headers and Mac Prochamber

Search this Thread

Old 11/14/05, 07:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone tried the Off-road Mac Prochamber with the Off-road Mac Long Headers? Apparently some dealers have such stock laying around and I am wondering if anyone has tried it. I am in Northern Alabama and due to laxed enforcement it is a little bit easier to try off-road parts. I was thinking of going with the long headers instead of the shorty ones, eliminating the cats, and installing some kind of a direct-fit crossover, or a Mac prochamber for a mid-pipe. I will be using the Magnaflow dual catback system.

I want to minimize custom welding as much as possible so I was hoping I can: 1) hook up the end of the Mac long tubes to the Mac prochamber using Mac's default manifold clamp and 2) hook up the prochamber directly to the Magnaflow cat back pipes using standard ford exhaust couplers. Does anyone know if this is possible without too much hassle?

I will be installing sound dampening material throughout the floor of the car so I am not too worried about any additional rumble coming from the prochamber. But what about performance expectations? Would this pipe setup perform well with the pressure generated by the CAI and the Predator tune? Or will the car suffer on the low end? Will the prochamber pay-off in performance? Will the Long Tubes payoff in performance?

Has anyone installed off-road long headers on their V6 and if so, have you gone direct with an x/h-pipe or a prochamber?

I will be quite happy if I even get one of my many questions answered by fellow members, since Mac Performance customer reps are sure as as heck not even going to know what I am talking about :(