V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Long Tube Headers + Prochamber

Search this Thread

Old 1/6/06, 07:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man, I can't find the Prochamber with Hi-flow cats that marry up to the LT headers in stock anywhere!! They are listed at LMP Performance, but right now, not even MAC has them, so I would probably be on "backorder." I called LMP but got someone who could just "Take your order but can't tell you anything else. Please call again some other time." :bang:

BUT MAC did say the system I had picked will all work toegther, and the lady I talked to was very excited about the kit in general. So as soon as I can track a catted Prochamber for LT headers, the system is going on. Then I will add a 93 Octane tune (running 87 right now).

Looking for 215+ RWHP and 250+ RWTQ NA.... That is the goal, anyway.

So hopefully the system will add at least 10 RWHP and 13 RWTQ.

If not, I will have to get the Turbonator!! Or the e-Charger (batteries not included). Vroom! Vroom!
Old 1/6/06, 07:45 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by Excepcion13@January 6, 2006, 10:16 PM
Man, I can't find the Prochamber with Hi-flow cats that marry up to the LT headers in stock anywhere!! They are listed at LMP Performance, but right now, not even MAC has them, so I would probably be on "backorder." I called LMP but got someone who could just "Take your order but can't tell you anything else. Please call again some other time." :bang:

BUT MAC did say the system I had picked will all work toegther, and the lady I talked to was very excited about the kit in general. So as soon as I can track a catted Prochamber for LT headers, the system is going on. Then I will add a 93 Octane tune (running 87 right now).

If not, I will have to get the Turbonator!! Or the e-Charger (batteries not included). Vroom! Vroom!
Super Six Motorsports has a complete MAC system including LT headers and prochambers.
Old 1/6/06, 09:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Excepcion13@January 6, 2006, 9:16 PM

Join the club, Don just sent me an email saying the MAC ProChamber is on back order. :bang:
Old 1/7/06, 03:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Jimp@January 6, 2006, 10:48 PM
Super Six Motorsports has a complete MAC system including LT headers and prochambers.
Thanks, Jimp! I have designated Monday "Prochamber Monday" because I WILL find one! I want this darn system up and running before January is over. So I will have to hit the phones and let my fingers do the walking until I have one in my gribby little hands....

The system Super Six has does not include the Cats (need them for VA). BUT they might have the catted one for the GTs and it will work. Hey, any extra source helps.

And I like what they have for us.... Might as well reinforce the engine when I FINALLY decide what I am going to go with. So many options, so little time...
Old 1/7/06, 03:27 PM

Originally posted by Excepcion13@January 7, 2006, 5:13 PM
Thanks, Jimp! I have designated Monday "Prochamber Monday" because I WILL find one! I want this darn system up and running before January is over. So I will have to hit the phones and let my fingers do the walking until I have one in my gribby little hands....

The system Super Six has does not include the Cats (need them for VA). BUT they might have the catted one for the GTs and it will work. Hey, any extra source helps.

And I like what they have for us.... Might as well reinfirce the engine when I FINALLY decide what I am going to go with. So many options, so little time...

darn, how you doin it man?!?!?!? I talked to Excessive today trying to track down a prochamber and he said you were having problems finding your setup.

So whats you plan man? Keep us posted.
Old 1/7/06, 03:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by rygenstormlocke@January 7, 2006, 6:30 PM
darn, how you doin it man?!?!?!? I talked to Excessive today trying to track down a prochamber and he said you were having problems finding your setup.

So whats you plan man? Keep us posted.
I am going to call until I find one and then have it shipped to Excessive. I will let them order the headers and catback, but if I want the catted Pro to the LTs, I will have to find it myself.
Old 1/11/06, 08:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Well, I can't find a catted Prochamber for LTs ANYWHERE!!! :angry:

Called the MAC factory yesteday and they said that they should have some headers on Monday. They said to order now because they will fill their backorders first. I asked how many were coming in and how many were on backorder and he acted like it was a matter of national security to divulge that information. I am not paying for something that is "in production." I have heard too many backorder horror stories. So, I will call again Monday.... We'll see.....
Old 1/11/06, 08:33 PM

Originally posted by Excepcion13@January 11, 2006, 10:24 PM
Well, I can't find a catted Prochamber for LTs ANYWHERE!!! :angry:

Called the MAC factory yesteday and they said that they should have some headers on Monday. They said to order now because they will fill their backorders first. I asked how many were coming in and how many were on backorder and he acted like it was a matter of national security to divulge that information. I am not paying for something that is "in production." I have heard too many backorder horror stories. So, I will call again Monday.... We'll see.....

No rush man. I had problems getting mine too, so I cancelled the order and will get it when I'm ready. Car goes in tomorrow for Zex install and TI install, both with separate dyno sessions and a professional tune around the complete package. That will keep me busy, plus I have to hold off on true duals.

Today, the guys at the parking garage messed up my bumper again. Can you believe it. Lukily the car goes in for prep, paint of hood scoop and spoiler next week, so I'll have them fix up the scratches while they are at it, and of course my stripes.

After all that, then I will go to true duals.

Now, food for thought, and I have to ask since MAC is having a hard time with supply, demand and as usual, customer support. Now everyone, don't shoot me for this, but I called Excessive and asked them what they think about the MAC ProChamber and LT's. They said the following:

• Only go with the prochamber if you are going LT's
• Only go with the prochamber/lt's if you are running a major power adder, otherwise stick with an H or X system

Now my question is this, is my 100HP zex kit enough to take advantage of this setup, or is he talking a SC/TC. Also, going to LT's puts me in the same boat as Excepcion13, which is I need LT's with cats cause I live in VA.

Excessive told me not to go to LT's/Prochamber until I order a SC. They said to install them with the SC and tune it all together. Now, given this MSP will be in perfect spot for this combination, providing he gets the LT's cause he will have the opportunity to retune the car with the SC to the combo.

Thoughts?
Old 1/11/06, 09:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by rygenstormlocke@January 11, 2006, 11:36 PM
• Only go with the prochamber if you are going LT's
• Only go with the prochamber/lt's if you are running a major power adder, otherwise stick with an H or X system

Now, given this MSP will be in perfect spot for this combination, providing he gets the LT's cause he will have the opportunity to retune the car with the SC to the combo.

Thoughts?
I think you are right about the Prochamber and LTs. I am not going to use a Prochamber unless I go to LTs. I think that is what they were made for.

MSP lives in Cali, so he can't use LTs....

Maybe I will just put in an X-pipe, get some SS tubing, and throw on some JBA mufflers (for some reason, I just LOVE JBA) until I put on the X-Charger. Then I can just switch headers and throw on the Prochamber.

I will see if Tori and Chris at Excessive can fab something that will suffice for now. I will talk to them on Monday when I go in for my 93 Octane tune.
Old 1/11/06, 09:09 PM

Originally posted by Excepcion13@January 11, 2006, 11:05 PM
I think you are right about the Prochamber and LTs. I am not going to use a Prochamber unless I go to LTs. I think that is what they were made for.

Maybe I will just put in an X-pipe, get some SS tubing, and throw on some JBA mufflers (for some reason, I just LOVE JBA) until I put on the X-Charger. Then I can just switch headers and throw on the Prochamber.

I will see if Tori and Chris at Excessive can fab something that will suffice for now. I will talk to them on Monday when I go in for my 93 Octane tune.
What time you going in on Monday? Also, Chris and Tori said they can definitely fab something up. I don't know how much it will cost though.
Old 1/11/06, 09:10 PM

Originally posted by Excepcion13@January 11, 2006, 11:05 PM

What about LT's with CATS?
Old 1/11/06, 09:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by rygenstormlocke@January 12, 2006, 12:13 AM
What about LT's with CATS?
From what the guy at MAC said, nope.