Old 10/23/05, 11:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Interesting read:

http://www.mustangforums.com/m_757937/tm.htm
Old 10/23/05, 12:26 PM
MSP
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good read rygenstormlocke!! The guy was speaking from his soul, and is like the rest of us, crazy about our V6's..

LOL!! The Guy with the GT, didnt want to accept any language which depicted a Supercharged V6 as superior to a stock GT.. Its a tough pill..
Old 10/23/05, 12:56 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Really gets you excited about supercharging. Can't wait untill theres more competition, because it's something I will consider within a few months time frame.
Old 10/23/05, 01:51 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by MSP@October 23, 2005, 1:29 PM
Good read rygenstormlocke!! The guy was speaking from his soul, and is like the rest of us, crazy about our V6's..

LOL!! The Guy with the GT, didnt want to accept any language which depicted a Supercharged V6 as superior to a stock GT.. Its a tough pill..
well the OP did say "This car will beat the pants off any GT owner. " He cam e back later and said he meant stock... but that was after the GT guy had already replied... The OP statementa about ANY GT would be enough to get my back up too! LOL!
Old 10/23/05, 02:03 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by scrming@October 23, 2005, 11:54 AM
well the OP did say "This car will beat the pants off any GT owner. " He cam e back later and said he meant stock... but that was after the GT guy had already replied... The OP statementa about ANY GT would be enough to get my back up too! LOL!

The problem is, it is obvious it could only mean a stock GT.. The 4.6 motor is way more powerful than ours, if given the exact same power-adder setup.. For the V6, good performance starts out at a GT's stock performance.. Basically, the GT's performance, is the goal of most V6 owners.. When you are doing better than that, thats a good thing..

But no sane person is ever going to make the comparison to a GT when referring to a V6 motor, because the two are actually in diffeent classes..

For the GT a good goal would be 450RWHP+.. Typically.. For the V6, its 350RWHP+.. Typically..

Most GT owners with HP numbers way beyond 350HP, never take issue with V6 owners.. Its the guys who enjoy the GT Stock, and dont really have plans to go beyond stock, which are the ones who take issue with the V6 being faster...

Have you ever noticed a guy with a SC'd GT will never engage in a debate about whether or not a V6 could beat a GT? Its because he's on another planet with 487rwhp+, way beyond what most V6 owners goals are.. He understands this can be done with a stock 4.6 motor with all stock internals and components.. So he need not waste his time debating..

Most of the problems associated with arguements between 6's and GT's, are from owners of GT's that dont have short term goals of going beyond 276RWHP... These GT owners are our targets.. We will hunt them down, without mercy.. We will engage in 1/4mile combat to the death with all stock GT owners.. They fear us.. They should! We are their worst nightmare! Scrming, you are their worst nightmare..!! A V6 owner with mission to destroy everything they believe in.. You distort their reality.. This is life.. They either get SC'd, or nitrous, or they are our prey!
Old 10/23/05, 02:14 PM

Originally posted by MSP@October 23, 2005, 3:06 PM
The problem is, it is obvious it could only mean a stock GT.. The 4.6 motor is way more powerful than ours, if given the exact same power-adder setup.. For the V6, good performance starts out at a GT's stock performance.. Basically, the GT's performance, is the goal of most V6 owners.. When you are doing better than that, thats a good thing..

But no sane person is ever going to make the comparison to a GT when referring to a V6 motor, because the two are actually in diffeent classes..

For the GT a good goal would be 450RWHP+.. Typically.. For the V6, its 350RWHP+.. Typically..

Most GT owners with HP numbers way beyond 350HP, never take issue with V6 owners.. Its the guys who enjoy the GT Stock, and dont really have plans to go beyond stock, which are the ones who take issue with the V6 being faster...

Have you ever noticed a guy with a SC'd GT will never engage in a debate about whether or not a V6 could beat a GT? Its because he's on another planet with 487rwhp+, way beyond what most V6 owners goals are.. He understands this can be done with a stock 4.6 motor with all stock internals and components.. So he need not waste his time debating..

Most of the problems associated with arguements between 6's and GT's, are from owners of GT's that dont have short term goals of going beyond 276RWHP... These GT owners are our targets.. We will hunt them down, without mercy.. We will engage in 1/4mile combat to the death with all stock GT owners.. They fear us.. They should! We are their worst nightmare! Scrming, you are their worst nightmare..!! A V6 owner with mission to destroy everything they believe in.. You distort their reality.. This is life.. They either get SC'd, or nitrous, or they are our prey!

Well said!!!! :worship:

In fact, I noticed most depates from GT stock owners from previous years that are running near the same horse as us new V6. Let's not forget the new V6's are pushing 210, which is very close to stock 5.0 and 4.6 motors of years past. These are the people that have a chip on thier shoulder when it comes to the debates and our new 05's+.

My goal is not to spank a GT, cause I love all mustangs!!! My goal is to prove that a Ford Mustang V6 will kill a Nissan 350z V6. And I will do it!!! :angry:
Old 10/23/05, 02:19 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by MSP@October 23, 2005, 3:06 PM

and their is your fatal mistake... you assume that everyone on this forum is sane! LOL!!!
Old 10/23/05, 02:23 PM

Sane is for non-mustang owners! I am on thin ice with the wife since I bought this car. The credit card shows my addiction to the cause. LOL.
Old 10/23/05, 02:32 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by rygenstormlocke@October 23, 2005, 3:26 PM
Sane is for non-mustang owners! I am on thin ice with the wife since I bought this car. The credit card shows my addiction to the cause. LOL.
LOL!!! I've broke through the ice more than once! LOL! We affectionately refer to the Mustang as The Mistress...
Old 10/23/05, 02:38 PM
MSP
Banned

Exactly!! You guys got it! But we are sane guys! We understood the value before we even signed the finance papers on our V6's.. We knew, after the test drive, that this was no ordinary V6.. Most of us also test drove a stock GT, and knew there had to be a mistake, because this isnt pulling that much harder than that 5spd V6.. With a couple of mods here and there, we knew we could take a stock GT down.. We knew that if we could just find a Supercharger, Turbo, or add some Nitrous, we could save $5K, today, and $2500 in finance charges.. we knew we could save over $1000 a year in insurance.. We knew all of this, when we bought the car.. So we are sane to some extent..

Again, yes it is the older GT owners which also take issue with the fact that Ford created such a potent V6 for 05.. Have you ever looked at the stock 1/4 mile times for alot of older GT's? The 05+ V6 is on the same level..

But like rygenstormlocke mentioned, we love the GT because it is us.. Some confuse our ambition with a hatred of a GT, which is untrue.. Why in the world would I even consider buying a V6 Mustang, if I held the GT in such low esteem? It doesnt make any sense..

The V6 is actually pretty fun, because we must upgrade it.. A stock GT is also fun, because it has everything needed already, and it is understandable how a Stock GT owner could be content. It doesnt need anything but to be driven and enjoyed..
Old 10/23/05, 02:50 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by MSP@October 23, 2005, 3:41 PM
Exactly!! You guys got it! But we are sane guys! We understood the value before we even signed the finance papers on our V6's.. We knew, after the test drive, that this was no ordinary V6.. Most of us also test drove a stock GT, and knew there had to be a mistake, because this isnt pulling that much harder than that 5spd V6.. With a couple of mods here and there, we knew we could take a stock GT down.. We knew that if we could just find a Supercharger, Turbo, or add some Nitrous, we could save $5K, today, and $2500 in finance charges.. we knew we could save over $1000 a year in insurance.. We knew all of this, when we bought the car.. So we are sane to some extent..

Again, yes it is the older GT owners which also take issue with the fact that Ford created such a potent V6 for 05.. Have you ever looked at the stock 1/4 mile times for alot of older GT's? The 05+ V6 is on the same level..

But like rygenstormlocke mentioned, we love the GT because it is us.. Some confuse our ambition with a hatred of a GT, which is untrue.. Why in the world would I even consider buying a V6 Mustang, if I held the GT in such low esteem? It doesnt make any sense..

The V6 is actually pretty fun, because we must upgrade it.. A stock GT is also fun, because it has everything needed already, and it is understandable how a Stock GT owner could be content. It doesnt need anything but to be driven and enjoyed..

yep... (to pretty much everything... )

I had an 02 GT vert... only thing I ever did was changed the mufflers... A GT would have cost me about $8,000 over what I paid from my V6.... And in principal I never pay over sticker... and at the time GT's were going for way over sticker... I could have waited... but dang I was happy with the V6... Now if I had bought the GT it would have stayed completely stock... I'm having so much fun and getting so much personal satisfaction from pushing the limits of this car! So not only would my GT still be stock, I never would have taken it to the track!

One thing I've noticed... No one... and I mean NO ONE has ever said one negative thing about my V6 at the track! I get nothing put compliments and a lot of "WOWS!" when I tell them this car as gone 13.4... I've never heard those words "it's only a V6" And a lot of the pre-05 GT guys will tell me that my car would have creamed them when there GT's were stock (these are the heavily modded GTs running 10s) They are actually VERY VERY impressed with my car... they truly appreciate it! Unlike a lot of the car show crowd... LOL
Old 10/23/05, 02:55 PM

@scrming

Yes, in fact, my wife referred to the car as my true love when I found another ding on her this morning (my car that is). LOL, I spent the later half of the day telling her 9my wife) otherwise, and remdinding her of all the things I did just to get the car (i.e. hardwood floors for the wife, new truck for the wife, etc!).

I love this car, I am suprised by it's capabilities and potential. I can't wait to get it on the track next season, I just wish I bought it 3 months sooner!!!

@MSP

I too test drove the GT and the V6, and came to the same consclusion...of course after I got an insurance quote, I was like...definitely a V6! And even before I bought the V6, I was on these forums, on the net doing research...and was sold. Even if I got a GT, I know for a fact I couldn't resist modding this car. I mean c'mon, it pays tribute to the 67 and 69 mustangs....who can't make this car thier own. It's an addiction!!!

Now back to this super charger setup, what is the best way to go, SC or Turbo's. I know nitrous is the cost effective way, but I am still trying to decide on what route to take. I know I will end up going nitrous for the short term, because its all I can afford for next track season up in MD. But over the next 2 years, I need a plan.
Old 10/23/05, 03:07 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by rygenstormlocke@October 23, 2005, 3:58 PM
@scrming

Yes, in fact, my wife referred to the car as my true love when I found another ding on her this morning (my car that is). LOL, I spent the later half of the day telling her 9my wife) otherwise, and remdinding her of all the things I did just to get the car (i.e. hardwood floors for the wife, new truck for the wife, etc!).

I love this car, I am suprised by it's capabilities and potential. I can't wait to get it on the track next season, I just wish I bought it 3 months sooner!!!

@MSP

I too test drove the GT and the V6, and came to the same consclusion...of course after I got an insurance quote, I was like...definitely a V6! And even before I bought the V6, I was on these forums, on the net doing research...and was sold. Even if I got a GT, I know for a fact I couldn't resist modding this car. I mean c'mon, it pays tribute to the 67 and 69 mustangs....who can't make this car thier own. It's an addiction!!!

Now back to this super charger setup, what is the best way to go, SC or Turbo's. I know nitrous is the cost effective way, but I am still trying to decide on what route to take. I know I will end up going nitrous for the short term, because its all I can afford for next track season up in MD. But over the next 2 years, I need a plan.
Yeah, good think the car seaon is winding down here in michigan... the wife is getting a bit jealous lately... LOL!

Ok.. back on topic... I went with the N20 because it was cost effective... I figured I would put it mainly in for show... I never guessed I would be taking the car to the track every weekend! LOL! I knew I wanted something for this summer... no way I could swing a S/C this summer... I also wanted to wait and see what other options develop... I think the Turbos will be to much money... I really want to see what the Explorer Express Eaton kit will do and what the price tag will be... I like the idea of getting 70% of your boost at 1800 RPM! LOL! Couple that with the 4.10s... talk about whiplash! (or boiling the tires off the rims!!!) So in the mean time I can survive on the bottle! LOL
Old 10/23/05, 03:14 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by scrming@October 23, 2005, 1:10 PM
Yeah, good think the car seaon is winding down here in michigan... the wife is getting a bit jealous lately... LOL!

Ok.. back on topic... I went with the N20 because it was cost effective... I figured I would put it mainly in for show... I never guessed I would be taking the car to the track every weekend! LOL! I knew I wanted something for this summer... no way I could swing a S/C this summer... I also wanted to wait and see what other options develop... I think the Turbos will be to much money... I really want to see what the Explorer Express Eaton kit will do and what the price tag will be... I like the idea of getting 70% of your boost at 1800 RPM! LOL! Couple that with the 4.10s... talk about whiplash! (or boiling the tires off the rims!!!) So in the mean time I can survive on the bottle! LOL
WOW!! 1800rpm is nuts!! Talk about lifting up the front wheels!!

@rygenstormlocke

Yes, I too will go for the Nitrous in the short-term.. Thats next after the T-Lok is installed.. Then sometime next year, after Powerhouses turbo setup is tough-tested, I'll migrate to that..

The best thing about nitrous, is it is cost effective, and also puts the car and all of its components through its paces.. Lets you know where your weakness's are.. So without a doubt, Nitrous is a must have..

can you imagine a 25shot of nitrous, or a 50 shot combined with being turbocharged or SC'd? LOL!! So the nitrous will be a permanent part of the setup..

I'm not exactly sure how much Powerhouse will charge for his kit, we'll have to wait and see.. but I am darn sure going to get Scrmings Nitrous setup in the short term, along with 2 bottles, setup in the trunk.. I might get Polished chrome bottles though.. We'll see..
Old 10/23/05, 03:33 PM
Team Mustang Source

You guys are great! When I get back behind the wheel of a V6 I know I'll be happy with it. The sixes are just so much more fun to have in my opinion. Nobody expects that 6 to kill them!
Old 10/23/05, 03:57 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Ballz@October 23, 2005, 4:36 PM
You guys are great! When I get back behind the wheel of a V6 I know I'll be happy with it. The sixes are just so much more fun to have in my opinion. Nobody expects that 6 to kill them!
Thanks...a d we agree with you...I'm having more fun with this car than all the big V8's i've owned combined! LOL!

Nobody expect the Spanish Inquistion... oops... sorry... LOL!

But speaking of not expecting.. If I had left my hood down yesterday and had a remote bottle opener nobody would have know I wasn't just a plain jane V6 until I purged at the line! LOL! If you are really going for a sleeper then the N20 is the best way... No whine to give you away! LOL!
Old 10/23/05, 04:29 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by scrming@October 23, 2005, 6:00 PM
Thanks...a d we agree with you...I'm having more fun with this car than all the big V8's i've owned combined! LOL!

Nobody expect the Spanish Inquistion... oops... sorry... LOL!

But speaking of not expecting.. If I had left my hood down yesterday and had a remote bottle opener nobody would have know I wasn't just a plain jane V6 until I purged at the line! LOL! If you are really going for a sleeper then the N20 is the best way... No whine to give you away! LOL!
I've watched a few NOS cars run at the track, you can tell when they hit it. But most people probably wouldn't be able to tell.
Old 10/23/05, 07:41 PM
GT Member

Man,

Guys, please stop...Don't do anymore... If I keep it up, I may be living in my mustang as the wife will be kicking my butt right out the door! *LOL*.
You guys are going to break me... John had me thinking T-LOK/4.10 next spring, but I need to get new wheels/tires first. Now, uh...I'm thinking about other poweradders... *LOL*

Then I come to my senses and say..no..you don't need to go fast. You have a vert and it is for show..not for go.. I'm cool with my XCAL 2 and tune to get rid of the throttle delay. *BITING NAILS AND HOPING I DON'T GIVE IN TO THE NEXT LEVEL OF ADDICTION*

*LOL*

But I really like watching you guys do what you have done (especially John). Keep up the good work...

Frank
Old 10/23/05, 07:44 PM

Originally posted by DanteMO@October 23, 2005, 8:44 PM
Man,

Guys, please stop...Don't do anymore... If I keep it up, I may be living in my mustang as the wife will be kicking my butt right out the door! *LOL*.
You guys are going to break me... John had me thinking T-LOK/4.10 next spring, but I need to get new wheels/tires first. Now, uh...I'm thinking about other poweradders... *LOL*

Then I come to my senses and say..no..you don't need to go fast. You have a vert and it is for show..not for go.. I'm cool with my XCAL 2 and tune to get rid of the throttle delay. *BITING NAILS AND HOPING I DON'T GIVE IN TO THE NEXT LEVEL OF ADDICTION*

*LOL*

But I really like watching you guys do what you have done (especially John). Keep up the good work...

Frank

LOL. Do it, you know you must go TLOC...I'm about to myself. Do what I did, buy the wife a new truck and hard wood floors...then go nuts on stang. Resistance is futile. I"m about to pull the trigger on a TLOC...not sure on gears though. LOL. You bought a stang....no fighting it now.

Old 10/23/05, 10:10 PM
Bullitt Member

I would like to hear from someone who owns one of these. 310 non-intercooler rwhp?

Im finding that hard to believe.

Anyone, Bueller, Bueller...

Quick Reply: Interesting read: Somone test drove a sc'd V6