V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

installed upr rear control arms on the V6

Search this Thread

Old 12/5/10, 10:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
installed upr rear control arms on the V6

i got my chrome moly street control arms on yesterday. the lowers were pretty easy to do and really look good compared to the factory stamped sheetmetal parts. the rubber on the oem parts looked pretty weak and rust had started to set in, as i have alot of miles on the car now. i didnt really have any wheel hop issues though.

i wanted to replace the brake cables at the same time cause the boots are cracked and i had some freezing problems in the past but i couldnt get any cables local so i had to order them and will be here tomorrow. i shot some spray lube into the cracks last year and didnt have any problems with freezing, but they need to be replaced. i ran the cables over the control arms but dont like the sharp bend into the calipers so the new cables i`ll try going under the arms.

getting the bracket off for the upper arm was a pain though. have to pull the back seat out to get to one bolt, and lower the gas tank to get the bracket off the car as theres not enough room to work the control arm bolt under the body channel. doing it laying on the ground made it tougher too.

i only went for a short test drive last night, gave it one good hole-shot and it seemed like it put some power down to the 3.73 gears. a little more testing is needed to comment on the ride or handling.
http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-c...ackage-05.html
Attached Thumbnails installed upr rear control arms on the V6-ca-lowers.jpg   installed upr rear control arms on the V6-ca-uppers.jpg