Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by hamidlmt@September 7, 2005, 8:05 PM
panamajk89....that does help... thanks!
No problem! Happy to help!
Old 9/7/05, 09:31 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by scotts05custom@September 7, 2005, 12:19 PM
If I just drive my car normally around town, will I notice a difference?

How hard is installation?
Yes.

Easy.
Old 9/7/05, 09:36 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by StangerX@September 7, 2005, 12:48 PM
Ya know what Paul? If anyone razzes you about the swap, you let me know. Changing out these components with FACTORY parts is the best thing you can do to enjoy your ride a little more.

My 1966 stang started life as an I6. For those that don't know, the first gen of mustangs were basically 4 different cars.

1) I6 No Power Steering
2) I6 Power Steering
3) V8 No Power Steering
4) V8 Power Steering

They are all 4 completely different.

Well, I swapped out the 6 for an 8 and did a full front end rebuild. The car handles like a CHAMP into the twisties. I even added a much MUCH beefier front swaybar from an aftermarket company. That thing made my car SUPER stable.

I doubt anyone will give you flack for it. It's a great addition. Heck... the pony packages are coming with them on there. Can't be all that bad for your steering dynamics, eh?

Gratz on the install, and thanks for the site. I'll be getting mine on order soon!

EDIT: How much was shipping?
Thanks. There just seem to be a few folks that think of any suspension tweak as playing with fire.

Shipping in my case was about $24.00
Old 9/8/05, 01:49 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Jimp@September 7, 2005, 5:29 PM
It doesn't seem right to pay $30 for the front sway bar and $300 for the rear. Seems like you should be able to get the GT take off rear sway bar somewhere.
I want the rear sway bar as well, but it is pretty tough to bring myself to pay almost $300 for it when I'm only paying about $30 for the front...
Old 9/8/05, 05:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Im going to order my front sway bar soon, along with the saleen side-skirts. Thanks to everyone in this topis, it is a great one.
Old 9/8/05, 06:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by P_Kiley@September 7, 2005, 10:34 PM
Yes.

Easy.
Did you remove the front wheels to do the swap? I haven't looked what I'm in for yet. Did you get the proper torque specifications? I'm just curious. :scratch:
Old 9/8/05, 06:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by panamajk89@September 8, 2005, 7:05 PM
Did you remove the front wheels to do the swap? I haven't looked what I'm in for yet. Did you get the proper torque specifications? I'm just curious. :scratch:
Removing the wheels isn't at all necessary. Put the car up on ramps or jackstands, and the bar comes out all by itself. No other parts need be removed.

And yeah, I torque'd 'em because I'm methodical like that by nature. I'll post the specs for those interested if I can find them again.
Old 9/8/05, 07:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by P_Kiley@September 8, 2005, 7:50 PM
Removing the wheels isn't at all necessary. Put the car up on ramps or jackstands, and the bar comes out all by itself. No other parts need be removed.

And yeah, I torque'd 'em because I'm methodical like that by nature. I'll post the specs for those interested if I can find them again.
I appreciate the info. Someone on another post was stating they removed the wheels to install the rear bar, but just looking at it, can't understand why. I'm going to put her up on the stands to do this. I'm pretty stoked about the handling difference. If you do find those torque specs, I'd be interested. I want to make sure it's done correctly. Thank you!
Old 9/9/05, 11:49 AM
GT Member

Hey Guys,

Not sure if this is an issue but if you had duals put on by a shop, do you think the rear sway bar for a GT would have any problems fitting?
Old 9/9/05, 02:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Stock, the GT has a rear sway bar and duals, right? My guess is, it will fit ok.
Old 9/9/05, 05:36 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by DanteMO@September 9, 2005, 12:52 PM
Hey Guys,

Not sure if this is an issue but if you had duals put on by a shop, do you think the rear sway bar for a GT would have any problems fitting?
Shouldn't be an issue as the rear bar mounts below/behind the axle and the pipes go over.

Charlie from West Coast Performance came through. My bar showed up today (He even expedited the shipping to make up for the supply delay.

Install tomorrow, opinion tomorrow night
Old 9/12/05, 02:05 PM
Team Mustang Source

Anybody have te exact torque specifications for the sway bars? My searches so far have been unsuccessful?
Old 9/12/05, 02:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by ex-Galaxie500@September 12, 2005, 3:08 PM
Anybody have te exact torque specifications for the sway bars? My searches so far have been unsuccessful?
Brandon, look at the thread "GT rear swar bar installed", post #17. Paul put the specs up last night. He also gave a good tip about loosening and tightening the nuts at the ball joints in the last post in that thread. Hope this helps!
Old 9/12/05, 04:17 PM
Team Mustang Source

Thanks, John! I'd given up my search before he posted it. This definitely helps
Old 9/12/05, 08:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by ex-Galaxie500@September 12, 2005, 5:20 PM
Thanks, John! I'd given up my search before he posted it. This definitely helps
Not a problem! Enjoy the upgrade...I know I will when my bars arrive.
Old 9/16/05, 08:15 PM
GT Member

Thanx to P Kiley and Panamajk for all the good info!!! I got mine in today.. Easy install except for getting the bar in around the jack stands *LOL*. Yes, I put the jack stands in the wrong spot for installing the sway bar. And then my 3 year old is holding the 19mm socket while I was taking off the bushings and she...well..."lost it". Spent 1/2 hour looking for it before I found it... Other than that, it was super easy and well worth it for the price...

I also went ahead and touched up the undercoating on the REAR wheel wells today... It was a real crappy job by the factory on that one.

Thanx again everyone...
Old 9/16/05, 08:44 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by DanteMO@September 16, 2005, 9:18 PM
Thanx to P Kiley and Panamajk for all the good info!!! I got mine in today.. Easy install except for getting the bar in around the jack stands *LOL*. Yes, I put the jack stands in the wrong spot for installing the sway bar. And then my 3 year old is holding the 19mm socket while I was taking off the bushings and she...well..."lost it". Spent 1/2 hour looking for it before I found it... Other than that, it was super easy and well worth it for the price...

I also went ahead and touched up the undercoating on the REAR wheel wells today... It was a real crappy job by the factory on that one.

Thanx again everyone...

Glad to hear it went well

And yeah, the undercoating on my rear wheel wells lookas like it was put on with an eye-dropper too. I'm going to recoat them when I do the exhaust in a week or two.
Old 9/17/05, 08:50 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by DanteMO@September 16, 2005, 9:18 PM

Thanx again everyone...
You're very welcome. I'm glad to hear everything went well with your upgrade. I got the front bar on Thursday and installed it that night. It would've been nice to have some deep-well metrics for it, but I made do with my shallows. The rear bar was delivered to my office yesterday, but of course, I was off. I wanted to get it, but I'll wait until Monday. No sense burning four or five gallons of gas. I'll bring my tools with me to work and do it there. I want to feel the ride on the way home.

C ya around the forums!
Old 9/21/05, 12:35 PM
Team Mustang Source

I just got mine yesterday and hopefully will find time this weekend to install it, I'm excited to see if I can feel a difference
Old 9/21/05, 01:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by ex-Galaxie500@September 21, 2005, 1:38 PM
I just got mine yesterday and hopefully will find time this weekend to install it, I'm excited to see if I can feel a difference
You will definitely feel the difference! The ride is much improved over stock. The entire job should take no longer than one hour. Good luck!

Quick Reply: Installed 34mm GT Front sway bar