V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Im ready

Search this Thread

Old 11/1/06, 11:00 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im ready

I think FI is my x-mas present this year.

I just need some help deciding what system is best for me.

My 05 is stock except for a GT exhaust system from the h-pipe back. I added the GT bodykit, so it looks like a GT with factory duel exhaust.

In the 1.5 years Ive owned her, I have just under 11,000 miles. In the last 6 months, only about 2000 miles.

I never go to the track, have never spun the tires, or do any kind of racing.

Im really looking to keep my Mustang new looking and would like to enter her in some car shows next year.

I do not want to compromise longevity or driveabilty. Other than the SC, the only other mechinical mods I would consider are gears and a T-lok. Im not drilling into the block or oilpan. If/when I sell, the SC will probley come off.

GM put FI on Buicks for years that were powerful, realible, and fun to drive, Im looking for something along those lines.

Ive read the threads for those who have gone FI, but Im not sure what suits me best.

Opinions?
Attached Images  
Old 11/1/06, 02:43 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by BurntPony
I think FI is my x-mas present this year.

I just need some help deciding what system is best for me.

My 05 is stock except for a GT exhaust system from the h-pipe back. I added the GT bodykit, so it looks like a GT with factory duel exhaust.

In the 1.5 years Ive owned her, I have just under 11,000 miles. In the last 6 months, only about 2000 miles.

I never go to the track, have never spun the tires, or do any kind of racing.

Im really looking to keep my Mustang new looking and would like to enter her in some car shows next year.

I do not want to compromise longevity or driveabilty. Other than the SC, the only other mechinical mods I would consider are gears and a T-lok. Im not drilling into the block or oilpan. If/when I sell, the SC will probley come off.

GM put FI on Buicks for years that were powerful, realible, and fun to drive, Im looking for something along those lines.

Ive read the threads for those who have gone FI, but Im not sure what suits me best.

Opinions?
Sounds like you are a perfect canidate for an Explorer Express X-Charger...

http://explorerexpresscom.nationprot...5488bd3996c5d3
Old 11/1/06, 08:24 PM
Bullitt Member

I agree with sceaming on the xcharger, but I am partial to it since it is sitting on top of my motor, however, be sure of your goals, which may change after you experience the taste of additional power, you may end up with different goals. LOL The X is probably the cleanest install available and also some other good qualities so from what you posted it will serve you well, also I have received 3 tropheys since my install out of 4 shows I attended, coincedence? maybe! heres a couple!