V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Illegally sold Carbon fiber strut tower braces from real carbon/ecosse

Old 1/12/07, 09:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Illegally sold Carbon fiber strut tower braces from real carbon/ecosse

I'm on these boards quite a bit but just found this out today.
Niche performance Industries had contacted Real carbon/ecosse enterprises several years back to develop a CF strut tower brace.
We had developed the design and contracted with RC to make the brace domestically as we didn't want to manufacture at our facility in Japan. In our discussions Real Carbon also stated they had consistent supply of Carbon fiber which ahs been on shortage in the US and internationally.

We also paid this company substantial funds to manufacture a next generation Carbon fiber hood which they were happy to quote on and accept R&D funds and purchase order payments but never produced a hood or prototype.
While supposedly in R&D of the hoods we decided to move on the CF braces as well and NPI went in agreement with real carbon to manufacture the products based of our design and work.

A year back we had taken several orders off of Mustangforums for owners with theses braces and ebay, but had later found Real Carbon stated they never made any braces even after cashing our checks and stating the had made units for sale.

NPI ended up refunding all our customers on that matter. NPI is currently suing RC for breech of contract, blackmail and several other fun things.
If anyone may have one of these braces please hit me up at dsimpson@nichepi.com as were trying to find out how many of these items were sold without our permission.

If any one has links to there ebay auctions please send me the links also. I'd like to say none of this would have abny effect on any owner and the product you already have. Also depending on which model brace each owner might have as we went through several revisions theire might be issues with the resin coming undone with end caps at high temps.
Old 1/13/07, 09:39 AM
GT Member

Can this brace still be purchased directly from Niche Performance? It's a good looking strut tower brace.
Old 1/14/07, 01:17 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 05 cayuse
Can this brace still be purchased directly from Niche Performance? It's a good looking strut tower brace.
I talked to Niche via email yesterday. He's in the process of trying to get production up and running (with a different subcontractor obviously)
Old 1/15/07, 12:41 AM
GT Member

Torch, Thanks for checking into it for us. It's really a good looking product.
Old 1/15/07, 09:41 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, one way or another, I sure hope I can get one... a legal one from Niche, once supplies of carbon fiber become a bit more plentiful.