V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

I will be buying a CAI and eith the diablo or SCT

Search this Thread

Old 5/7/05, 03:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been looking into modding my v6 Mustang over the summer, and the research I have done suggests me to buy a Cold Air Intake along with either the SCT or Predator. I have a couple questions so please refrain from bashing me becasue I am so new to this scene.

1) I have been looking at the different Cold Air Intake Kits available for the V6 and I have only found two. Either the Muscular Mustang Racing 2005 V6 Annihilator Intake Kit for $200.00, or the MAC Performance 2005 Mustang V6 Mass Air System for $150.00. I am reading about these but over at www.v6mustangstuff.com the second one hasn't been released yet. Does anyone have any preference between the two? I am leaning towards waiting for the second one just so I can save a few bucks.

2) I have also been reading a lot about both the SCT and the Diablo, and I basically know how they work. Will the online store I buy it from load the tunes up to the SCT or Diablo when I purchase it? or will I have to take it to a shop to get the right tunes for the CAI into it? Do you have a preference on which of these two to get.

3) To make life a little easier on me I would like to purchase both of these things at the same place. Does any online site offer packages with both the CAI and the SCT for my V6? Where have you all bought your parts? I have been looking mostly at www.v6mustangstuff.com, but they don't offer any packages with both products.

Any help would be appreciated. Again I am sorry for my dumb questions but since I am only 16 years old and just got my first car (mustang) a couple conths ago, I hope you understand.

Thanks
Brian

Edit: I am also looking into buying the MMR High Flow Tube alone with my CAI Kit.
Old 5/7/05, 04:04 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by B-Unit@May 7, 2005, 4:37 PM
I have been looking into modding my v6 Mustang over the summer, and the research I have done suggests me to buy a Cold Air Intake along with either the SCT or Predator. I have a couple questions so please refrain from bashing me becasue I am so new to this scene.

1) I have been looking at the different Cold Air Intake Kits available for the V6 and I have only found two. Either the Muscular Mustang Racing 2005 V6 Annihilator Intake Kit for $200.00, or the MAC Performance 2005 Mustang V6 Mass Air System for $150.00. I am reading about these but over at www.v6mustangstuff.com the second one hasn't been released yet. Does anyone have any preference between the two? I am leaning towards waiting for the second one just so I can save a few bucks.

2) I have also been reading a lot about both the SCT and the Diablo, and I basically know how they work. Will the online store I buy it from load the tunes up to the SCT or Diablo when I purchase it? or will I have to take it to a shop to get the right tunes for the CAI into it? Do you have a preference on which of these two to get.

3) To make life a little easier on me I would like to purchase both of these things at the same place. Does any online site offer packages with both the CAI and the SCT for my V6? Where have you all bought your parts? I have been looking mostly at www.v6mustangstuff.com, but they don't offer any packages with both products.

Any help would be appreciated. Again I am sorry for my dumb questions but since I am only 16 years old and just got my first car (mustang) a couple conths ago, I hope you understand.

Thanks
Brian

Edit: I am also looking into buying the MMR High Flow Tube alone with my CAI Kit.

Go to the MMR website and order from them.... You can order SCT+CAI+ Tube all at once and get the tune for their CAI as well. But you have to call their shop, cannot order online. Just type in MMY on your search engine, then go to their website. I ordered my tube this week, but they are on back order until the end of next week.
Old 5/7/05, 05:05 PM
V6 Member

i ordered mine about 10 days ago from mmr. supposedly the tube was being powder coated. i called friday and they said it should be shipping out that day.
Old 5/7/05, 05:18 PM

Is this the website you are talking about, because it is the only one I could find through google.
http://www.modulardepot.com/index.php

Also, I was wondering about another thing. I know with the SCT you are able to choose between different tunes, being 87, 91, or 93 octane. Is the difference in performance drastic from the 87 to the 93, because if it isn't going to make much of a difference then I will stick with the 87.

Thanks for all the help
Old 5/7/05, 05:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Look here http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showforum=57. Its the parts section. There are a lot of good deals from TMS advertisers.
Old 5/7/05, 09:10 PM
GT Member

http://www.modularmustangracing.com Here is the website, has everything you need.
Old 5/9/05, 07:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'm waiting a bit for more of a cold air intake selection. Steeda, K&N, C&L and JLT will eventually have offerings. The MMR with the high-flow inlet looks so tempting though.

At the moment, I think SCT is the only reflasher available for the V6. But the X-cal II and Predator should be out soon too.
Old 5/10/05, 08:10 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, I'm going to wait for a while too. The MMR complete kit with the intake tube costs around $350!

Here's a link to a cold air kit for a 2004 V6 Mustang that's only $135. I know it won't fit the 2005, but why the huge difference in price? Is it because this kit doen't contain the Mass air unit? (see bottom)

2004 V6 Mustang Cold Air Kit

I also just got off the phone with K&N, they're going to be coming out with a kit for the 2005 4.0 liter V6. I would defintely go for that!

Originally posted by hamidlmt@May 9, 2005, 7:33 PM
I'm waiting a bit for more of a cold air intake selection. Steeda, K&N, C&L and JLT will eventually have offerings. The MMR with the high-flow inlet looks so tempting though.

At the moment, I think SCT is the only reflasher available for the V6. But the X-cal II and Predator should be out soon too.