V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Helix Power Tower Plus throttle body spacer

Search this Thread

Old 2/23/06, 11:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Found this over at rpmoutlet (gosh, I sure despise their exaggerated gains). So, who's gonna waste $90 first? MMR's tb spacer didn't produce anything... can't see how this is very different.

http://rpmoutlet.com/05v6super.htm

HELIX Power Tower Plus Throttle Body Spacer
designed specifically for your 05-06 MUSTANG V6

What is a Throttle Body Spacer? A throttle body spacer is a fairly simple mod to add to your vehicle, installation time is less than 30 minutes. It is designed to helps to circulate the incoming intake air, and atomize the fuel more efficiently to increase HP, and MPG. The gains are dyno proven!!!

The sound of power ... NO ANNOYING WHISTLE SOUND!

HELIX Power Tower Plus! From the first company to develop the throttle body spacer that delivers improved power, performance, and economy has achieved a design breakthrough! Engineers at Street and Performance Electronics have developed a new generation design that provides better improved performance and economy! Utilizing multiple aerodynamic principles, the Helix Power Tower Plus (patent pending) produces air breakup and turbulence that yields greater fuel burn efficiency, which translates into the best performing and efficient product of its type in the marketplace!

The Helix Power Tower Plus throttle body spacer is 50 state legal, and comes with all the installation hardware you need. Installation is simple and may be done in as little as 45 minutes. In no time you will experience the thrill of better performance from your engine.

Features:

Up to 10 hp gains*

Up to 2 miles per gallon gains*

Up to 12 ft lb gain in Torque*

Easy installation

Quiet Operation

Performance benefits across entire power band*

Environmentally friendly with cleaner fuel burn

Fifty States Legal (C.A.R.B # D516-2)

*Performance levelvary among applications and driving style
Old 2/24/06, 07:34 AM
GT Member

I have some beachfront property in arizona I'd love to sell you, cheap.
Old 2/24/06, 08:34 AM
Team Mustang Source

Coming from a GT member with a JET Throttle Body Spacer, it works! I did a thread on it, install pics and everything, and everyone else got the same results as I did.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?sh...ic=29421&hl=JET
Old 2/24/06, 09:32 AM
GT Member

might work on a gt, but so far none have had any luck with TBS on 6ers
Old 2/24/06, 11:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

The Helix does appear to be different than the MMR, which is smooth bored. Still, I'll believe it once I see a dyno.
Old 2/24/06, 01:53 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hamidlmt @ February 24, 2006, 10:31 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
The Helix does appear to be different than the MMR, which is smooth bored. Still, I'll believe it once I see a dyno.
[/b][/quote]

I noticed that, too, along with the JET TB spacer which is spiral bored.
Old 2/24/06, 03:09 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MaverickMLFD371 @ February 24, 2006, 10:37 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Coming from a GT member with a JET Throttle Body Spacer, it works! I did a thread on it, install pics and everything, and everyone else got the same results as I did.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?sh...ic=29421&hl=JET
[/b][/quote]

I just read that entire thread. all 291 posts, and only one guy in the very last post actually tried this on a dyno. This is what he had to say"

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>"To bring up an old thread, I bought one and dyno'd it. Just as I thought, no gain in horsepower or torque. But, I have taken on and off a couple of times, and I can definitly feel better throttle response with it on"[/b][/quote]

Most of the rest of the posts were "butt dyno" reports, which I don't trust in any way [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsdown.gif[/img]

It was almost amusing reading the posts proclaiming it works just based on individual perceptions.

on a related note, I'd also like to send a nod of thanks to the guys in the V6 area that WILL dyno a new part and share their results [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]