V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

GT vs V6

Search this Thread

Old 5/3/05, 06:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My thoughts: Daily driver = V6. Weekend driver = V8; Lots of traffic = Auto. Little traffic = manual.

I have the V6 w/the auto--it's very smooth shifting and plenty fast enough to get me in trouble. Very responsive and combined city highway is good, about 22. Highway is about 27 although I think manuals are over 30 on the highway. I think the autos are much easier to find (especially a V6) so you'll have a better chance of getting the color and options you want. Good luck!
Old 5/3/05, 02:41 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by mustang_78@May 1, 2005, 7:37 PM
Wow! Great feedback guys...thanks so much. I definitely feel comfortable going with the V6 after reading your posts. I'm assuming that most of you have the 5-spd manual trans on your V6's? That might be a problem for me since I've never learned to drive a stick. I know, it's shameful!!! Any thoughts on the V6 5-spd AUTO trans?

For frame of reference, I currently drive a 95' Ford Contour V6, 2.8L. It's quite responsive...very peppy as they say. I'd be satisfied if my new Mustang was as good as the Contour, but obviously I'm hoping and expecting it to be at least notieably better. I just don't want to be overly disappointed if I go with the auto transmission.
I have the automatic in my V-6 and its the first auotmatic I have ever owned, so it was an adjustment. Its an amazing tranny thats for sure, and now I am spoiled without having to shift etc.
Sometimes when I miss the 5-speed I hop in my Altima, but that car feels so different than the Mustang so its not the same.