V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

GT Mufflers, GT Bullits, stripes GONE!

Search this Thread

Old 4/27/05, 11:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by IchBinEinStang+April 27, 2005, 11:28 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IchBinEinStang @ April 27, 2005, 11:28 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-toronado@April 24, 2005, 11:34 AM
Thanks all!!

I can't believe I forgot to describe my solution for the driver-side tailpipe opening in the bumper! I just cut it myself with a box-cutter knife. :dance: I made a stencil of the other side, reversed it, measured, marked, and cut it. Its not perfect but I don't think anyone will notice.

More noticable would be that the driver-side muffler as pictured in my gallery was hanging lower and further back than the other. The lack of a close-up in my gallery was intentional.

Honestly I don't know enough about cars to recommend an exhaust installation like mine. Despite having to return to the shop twice to have pipe bent away from axle, I never took pictures while the car was up. But I got my idea from the Magnaflow "dual exit" system, so mine is basically like this.

[attachmentid=18975]

I'm not sure if everyone will find or even want to find a shop that will do this for $150 like I did. The low cost is partially because I installed the passenger-side muffler myself. The guys at this shop in Houston were definitely not experts. Like I said I had to return twice. But all is good now; both tailpipes are hanging straight and even, and my pipe is no longer smacking against my axle when I drive.

I would love to hear from anyone else that gets or aleady has the same setup. :
Just a question/observation: I noticed that the dual setup runs to a y pipe, than through a short pip to another y pipe to each bank of the V6. I think I would have taken out the original y pipe and put in a cross over (x pipe) instead... would this make more sense?

I am looking into buying the V6 model and have been looking at how much it would cost to make the modifications to custmize the car...
[/b][/quote]

So you're looking at running true duals with an x-pipe then? Why an x-pipe?