V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Got my car back for the dyno...

Search this Thread

Old 2/16/06, 05:24 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well got my car back from Arizona Dyno Chip (www.arizonadynochip.com) I haft to say its running really well. It's hard to explain but it just feels tuned now lol. I had it dyno tuned with the SCT and I haft to say Im really happy with the numbers they worked up. Im trying to get a hold of my old man cause he has a scanner so I can give you guys can see the proof cause I know this thread is pointless with out it but I need to tell somebody!! lol oh and it was dyno'd SAE. The final #'s are 213rwhp & 242rwtq!!! SAE. My car was at 202hp and 232TQ before the tune with a MMR intake and a true dual x pipe JBA muffler set up. I was only expecting 202 at the rear wheel. So im happy with that. Keath (owner) said thats pretty good for a 6 considering the stock 98 GT's put out 215 at the wheel stock so..

I actually sat down with Keath (owner) and he sat me down and expalined how ever thing worked on paper. Really cool guy. We also talked about gears and I found out mathmaticly that I would be shifting into 4th before it hit the trap with my stock gearing so mine as well get to 4th a little bit quicker lol. He gave me a much cheaper price than were I was going to go before so It all worked out. Hopefully I will have the gears in a little while. I told him I wanted to supercharge it but couldn't afford it and they instantly said (if I were you I would run a 50 shot of ZEX!!!) I thought about John, and Ryan when he said that lol. I said nah the nitrous is'nt for me, scares me longevity wise.

I will post the Dyno sheet as soon as I can get it scanned. Trying to get a hold of my DAD as I type.
Old 2/16/06, 05:35 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Wow, great numbers man! BTW, the Zex system is very safe. Plus, you won't be using it that much.
Old 2/16/06, 05:50 PM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlackLX4.0 @ February 16, 2006, 5:38 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Wow, great numbers man! BTW, the Zex system is very safe. Plus, you won't be using it that much.
[/b][/quote]
Thanks man, I thought WOW! too. The highest I've seen here is 205hp from Zodiac ( I think his name is) with out Zex of course, and I see all the automatics barely getting to 200 so it had me nervous. I was just hoping at least 200 at the wheel and it turned out to be more. I got a 10 HP &TQ gain just from the SCT dyno tune. He had to shut my speed limiter off though cause once he hit 98 mph in 4th the car just shut off and you see the line on the dyno sheet just drop.

Need to get the actual Dyno sheet posted [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]
Old 2/16/06, 05:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good numbers indeed, and with a MMR, I'm impressed.
Old 2/16/06, 06:32 PM
Cobra R Member

man, i told ya so lol. I think im going to get my tune from him now. How much did it end up costing you?
Old 2/16/06, 07:48 PM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fazm @ February 16, 2006, 6:35 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
man, i told ya so lol. I think im going to get my tune from him now. How much did it end up costing you?
[/b][/quote]
I paid $640 and thats including taxes. So I figure he gave me the Tuner for about $350 and $250 for the Dyno time. Brent said it usually takes up to about 3 - 4 hours at the most for my car . As I look on the dyno sheet I seems it only took them a little over 2 hours for mine.
Old 2/16/06, 08:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

208.5rwhp & 241.3rwtq were my numbers.

You realize sir, Its on right? On like Donkey Kong.

My dyno sheet: http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?ac...e=post&id=39099

Congrats btw ^.^
Old 2/16/06, 08:27 PM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zodiac @ February 16, 2006, 8:13 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
208.5rwhp & 241.3rwtq were my numbers.

You realize sir, Its on right? On like Donkey Kong.

My dyno sheet: http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?ac...e=post&id=39099

Congrats btw ^.^
[/b][/quote]

Thanks man, I was excited to see what my car was going to put down cause I knew we pretty much have the same mods except for my dual Jba with x pipe. All I was hoping for was 200 at least to the wheel but It came out with more. only like 5 more HP & 1 more TQ than you. I were about or pretty much are even.

Im sure you read it, I need to go to my dads this weekend and scan my dyno sheet. Hopefully I will get it up by this coming Monday depending on how long it takes me to figure it out. lol I didn't really want to post my numbers with own shown proof but I couldn't wait!! and I'll have proof soon enough

thanks again for your support

Never mind on what I said about the mods, Im getting you confused with someone else. Im thinking of a different car. Who's at 205 HP that has a MMR intake and a JBA axle back and a 93 octane tune. I thought that was Zodiac till I looked at his mods.
Old 2/16/06, 08:36 PM
GT Member

Zodiac,

are those numbers WITHOUT a CAI? I don't see one in your sig?

It's nice to know the manuals can get to the rated HP numbers at the rear wheels with a couple of mods and a tune!
Old 2/16/06, 08:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ricklmesa@***.net @ February 16, 2006, 10:30 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Thanks man, I was excited to see what my car was going to put down cause I knew we pretty much have the same mods except for my dual Jba with x pipe. All I was hoping for was 200 at least to the wheel but It came out with more. only like 5 more HP & 1 more TQ than you. I were about or pretty much are even.

Im sure you read it, I need to go to my dads this weekend and scan my dyno sheet. Hopefully I will get it up by this coming Monday depending on how long it takes me to figure it out. lol I didn't really want to post my numbers with own shown proof but I couldn't wait!! and I'll have proof soon enough

thanks again for your support
Never mind on what I said about the mods, Im getting you confused with someone else. Im thinking of a different car. Who's at 205 HP that has a MMR intake and a JBA axle back and a 93 octane tune. I thought that was Zodiac till I looked at his mods.
[/b][/quote]

Excepcion13 is at 205 RWHP with the MMR. Thats probably who you were talking about man.