V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Flashed my Baby to DEATH!!! HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 7/7/08, 07:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Flashed my Baby to DEATH!!! HELP!!!

It's a long story I'll try be brief. I took my car into Ford of Clermont, right outside orlando, on 4/19 because it kept stalling while driving. While there, the dealership fashed my PCM, yet didn't tell me that they did it. Because of the way this dealership handles after market mods, I always flash the car back to stock and put the factory airbox back on...needless to say when I went to go put the CAI back on this weekend ( Yes i know it's been 6 weeks), i put the custom tune back on and lo and behold...the car won't start. I get P2101 andP2107 codes ( Throttle body sensor and motor). I tired to put the stock tune back on...same issue. I immediately emailed john at Tunable Induction to see if he could help. He called me Saturday and told me if I got the new code from the dealer, he'd have me a working tune in 5 minutes ( on a side note... John has been helpful from day one...responding to requests while his shop is closed...and on holidays). I went to the dealer this morning, and asked if they could tell me what they flashed it to...much to my surprise...they won't give it to me. Due to the fact that i work for a living, i couldn't wait around for the service manager or the owner to show up. I went to another orlando dealer to see if they could help and they won't even touch the car stating that since they don't knowwhat Ford of Clermont did, they would just compound the issue... I need advice and/or ideas on how to get the code for my car. A buddy of mine said that his HP tuner might be able to read it...anyone know if that's true? My stock PCM was KNV0.

HELP
Old 7/7/08, 08:13 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey bud, sorry to hear about your troubles. I would go back to the dealer who did the reflash, and demand they tell you the code! Its your car and you have a right to know it! If that doesn't do the trick, talk to the GM or owner, and tell him/hjer that they service department flashed the car without your consent!
Old 7/7/08, 09:30 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Can't you use the tuner to read the current strategy? That is the info they need to make the new tune ...
Old 7/7/08, 09:47 AM

Excuse me for kinda hi-jacking this but, Is it possible for you to tell ford not to reflash your car for you ? Or will they just give your the proverbial middle finger ?
Old 7/7/08, 10:43 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Maybe someone needs to invent a software locking mechanism for the port that will allow a read but not allow them to change the strategy without a code. It is our car by the way, not theirs.
Old 7/7/08, 10:43 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

I would make the dealer pay for any expenses this has caused you .. heck they should give you a rental car as well. A dealer is not allowed to perform any work on your car without your written consent. I would look closely at the work order you signed and see if you have any recourse.
Old 7/7/08, 10:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
The SCT can read the strategy code. See this post for instructions on how to get at it:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=440960

Tim
Old 7/7/08, 11:02 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I always tell my dealer Not to reflash the ECM and when I check it after getting the car back I make sure the stategy number is the same. So if they did reflash and they changer that code You bet I demand they tell me and pay for any costs that I may incorporate in getting a reflash for the tuner, although being nice as possible may help as they may just flag the car's S/N for having bin chipped and black list. BTW what year is your Mustang I thought that I seen somewher that after 2007 they don't really have need to go there and they shouldn't unless someone seen something that they thought they had too, still should have asked first !
I'm making a chastity belt for mine. Hope it work out for you !
Old 7/7/08, 11:27 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

FYI ... here is an Excel spreadsheet with all the current codes. You can use the filters on the column headers. Filter on your model / Year / Type ... Then look at the Tear Tag column .. this is the sticker on your ECM. If there is not a new part # next to you Tag # ... then you have the latest code. If there is a new Part # then there is a chance you dealer could upgrade it.

http://www.motorcraftservice.com/vdi...alibration.xls

For Example ... I filter on

Mustang MY06 (2006) Type V6 SOHC

My decal says DTB1 (part # 6R3A-DB) .... so I have the current code. If I had DTB0 (part# 6R3A-DA)... then the dealer would upgrade it to DTB1 ... which is part # 6R3A-DB.
Old 7/7/08, 01:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

Dan, that is a cool spreadsheet. I am still baffled though, why ford has over a dozen calibration codes for the same MY/Type - what do they keep changing?
Old 7/8/08, 03:05 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tdbrown75
The SCT can read the strategy code. See this post for instructions on how to get at it:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=440960

Tim
I'm sort of shocked that the guy's tuner did not tell him to just do this in the first place. Sending the poor guy off to the dealer hat in hand to beg for the info is just nuts.