V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Finally getting all my parts installed..

Search this Thread

Old 1/3/06, 04:28 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I cannot freaking wait...months have passed and it has finally come to the week ive been waiting for. All my parts are going to be installed..
1. JBA titanium headers
2. Eibach pro-kit
3. Tokico D-spec shocks
4. Eibach sway bars
5. Steeda panhard bar
6. 3.73 gears and t-lok
7. xpipe for my exhaust

all goin in wednesday morning and should be finished by friday...i hope everything go's smoothly...i will post my experience after its all done...
Old 1/3/06, 07:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see how it turns out for you. I would be chomping at the bit so to speak if I were you! Keep us posted. Any dyno plans for the exhaust or headers?
Old 1/4/06, 09:25 PM
GT Member

To give an update...i dropped off my car this morning at 8:30AM. I checked in at 4:45PM to see check up on the progress. I AM AMAZED!!! I came in and suspension upgrades and gears with t-lok were already installed. They were working finishing up on my headers. I am suprised they were able to reach in and install without pulling out the motor. The Eibachs and tokicos look so great. i wonder how they will handle... tomarrow, i will pick up the car. i will have a writeup after a good joyride and break-in.
Old 1/4/06, 10:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Man your car is gonna be so sweet!!! Let us see some pics if you can stop driving it long enough to take some!
Old 1/5/06, 12:43 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by islandmustang@January 4, 2006, 10:28 PM
To give an update...i dropped off my car this morning at 8:30AM. I checked in at 4:45PM to see check up on the progress. I AM AMAZED!!! I came in and suspension upgrades and gears with t-lok were already installed. They were working finishing up on my headers. I am suprised they were able to reach in and install without pulling out the motor. The Eibachs and tokicos look so great. i wonder how they will handle... tomarrow, i will pick up the car. i will have a writeup after a good joyride and break-in.
Do you plan to road race this car?
Old 1/5/06, 01:45 AM
GT Member

hey island i am from the bay 2 whar shop are you getting it done at let me know how they are and how pricey theyare thanks.
Old 1/5/06, 11:12 AM
GT Member

i do plan to take the car to laguna seca once in a while. My bro in law takes his STI out there, so next time, ill be goin too.

DrumStyxs10, i got all my parts at Sacramento Mustang. I got them at the shop behind them that specialize in Mustangs..from old 1965s to 2006s. They are great!! The three guys working there are good mechanics. For all the parts i had, i am having everything done in 2 days. I had all those parts installed and alignment for $1250. I will have a full writeup later..
Old 1/5/06, 12:43 PM

Originally posted by islandmustang@January 5, 2006, 1:15 PM
i do plan to take the car to laguna seca once in a while. My bro in law takes his STI out there, so next time, ill be goin too.

DrumStyxs10, i got all my parts at Sacramento Mustang. I got them at the shop behind them that specialize in Mustangs..from old 1965s to 2006s. They are great!! The three guys working there are good mechanics. For all the parts i had, i am having everything done in 2 days. I had all those parts installed and alignment for $1250. I will have a full writeup later..

Talk about the big bang theory. You are gonna love your car when you get it back. You won't believe it's the same car!
Old 1/17/06, 01:27 AM
GT Member

After months of gathering all my parts, I finally got them installed. The boxes of tokico d-spec’s, JBA titanium-coated headers, Eibach sway bars, Eibach pro-kit, Motive 3.73 gears, Ford Racing T-Lok and Steeda Panhard Bar have been collecting dust in my room. On a Tuesday, I drove up to Sacramento from the east Bay Area. I stayed over at my friend’s apartment waiting for the next day. On Wednesday morning, at 8:30, I dropped my car off at JT’s Performance Shop. JT’s is the shop right behind Sacramento Mustang that installs parts on old school to new 2005 Mustangs. I chose JT’s because they specialize in mostly Mustangs and they are the official shop of Sac Mustang. I got most of my parts at Sac Mustang, so might as well use the shop they recommend. I gave them the keys and hoped for the best.

At 4PM, I went back to JT’s to see what they have done so far. AND WOW...I WAS AMAZED…They were just tightening the bolts on the headers. My whole suspension was installed, gears and t-lok installed, and the headers were almost done. I couldn’t believe they got that much done in one day. Well, their secret behind it was that there were 3 guys working on it. After they finished up with the headers, it was time to close up shop. They raised my car to show all the things they done and how they did it. As I took a couple pictures, they closed up shop. I will be able to pick up the car the next day because they still have to do alignment.

The next day, Thursday, at 1PM, I go to pick up my car. When I arrived, they were doing the alignment. I was notified before that camber kits were not needed because there is a secret way he installs the springs/shocks so that I don’t need it. If something complicated the camber, he has a bolt that adjusts it to get the camber you want. Everything went smoothly except for the front left side. They could no get the camber less than .7*. My right side sits at .3*. They had to put the bolt in that adjusts camber on the left side. Now my left was adjusted to .3*. Lastly, one of the owners had to take a quick drive around the block to check for any sounds or defects. Everything went smoothly. I sat in the driver’s seat to reflash ecu. I paid the rest of my bill and I was on my way home. The drive home felt really good. I can really feel the road and bumps. My tokico’s were set on neutral (5 turns from hard).

JT’s is a small shop that gets things done with great customer service. You know when it is a good shop when the owner is the one actually working on the car. Also, they take time to explain what they did, and how they did it. The three guys who worked on the car are Kyle, Larry, and Ross. Kyle and Larry are the two owners of the shop. Ross is the third mechanic and the “paint†guy of the shop. The only think they don’t have in the shop is a dyno.

Sacramento Mustang is a great shop in the Northern California area. I HIGHLY recommend them for all you part needs from past to present. They are also an online dealer that is known for great customer service. If anyone plans to order from there, ask for Steve. He has good knowledge on newer Mustangs. For all mustang owner in the area and in the Bay Area, I recommend you to visit this place or order from them.

In the future, gunmetal stripes, lower control arms, C&L with tune…

Old 1/17/06, 06:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Nah, man, you have GOT to give us more than that! C'mon, we expect a full report! How did the headers sound, especially with the X-Pipe? How are the gears and T-LOK treating you?
Old 1/17/06, 10:10 AM
Mach 1 Member

Seriously, you're killlin me dude! Full report!
Old 1/17/06, 10:39 AM

Yea, how does she handle!!!! Do a hard launch yet? How is she on the twisties?
Old 1/17/06, 06:09 PM
GT Member

sound clip will be up soon..after the rain dies down ill go out and shoot one...

After my intall, i went back to the bay area and down to carmel/monterey area for the week. I did not want to go too hard on the t-lok and gears. Let it break-in...After 400 miles i let loose... My first hard launch, i really felt the wheel hop. Which brings me to the next mod i need to do, lca's. First gear you rev easily into 2nd gear. 2nd gear pulls as well as 3rd. On the freeway, i was cruising at 70 @ 2400rpm-ish. At 75, i was still under 2500rpm. 4th gear feels like a good improvement. The improvement really comes in the higher rpms of 4th gear. The way back home, wanted to see how fast i could hit in 4th. I was about 125-7 at redline at 4th. 5th gear would be a different story.

In the monterey area. there are a lot of very good windy roads. I took my car down the Big Sur area doen highway 1. I feel my car grabbing the road like a go kart. My suspension was just a little stiffer than neutral according to the d-spec manual. I pulled off the road and set it a little stiffer. After that, i was wishing there was noone on the road so i can really see how my baby handles. The handling on my car is set. Just need some dang lower control arms to stop the wheel hop.