V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Eye opening experiance !

Search this Thread

Old 8/9/05, 11:54 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Today I finally found a GT that I would consider trading my V6 in for, a black auto, with everything one could imagine. MSRP was $29K and some change. I get to the car lot and find that the vehicle has been marked up to 36K.... Anyway, a long story short I took it for a test drive and to be honest, I like my V6 better. First off, my Magnaflow exhaust sounds better than the stock exhaust at start up and at cruising speed. Second, with CAI, Tune, headers and Gears my V6 takes off like a rocket, while the stock GT has the lag when you hit the gas. Yes, the GT had more power and yes, with the same Mods that I did to my V6 the GT would be a mean SOB, but for the moneyit would have cost for that, I may as well held out for a Cobra. I could not justify the cost of the GT compared to the V6. They offered me 18.5K, which is not horrid, but with all my Mods they would have turned around and sold it for 25-26K (They had a stock V6 with 20in wheels for 27K!!!!). In the end, I was just not all that impressed with the GT for the money that is wanted around here in the DC area. I think I will just put a SC on my V6 and blow the doors off all the stock GT's around. haha. Those of you who got your GT at MSRP, I envy you greatly. When I told the manager that they wanted to much, he acted like he was offended and how dare I ask for MSRP!! This is the way all ford dealers are in this area.... such a shame. Long live my V6!!!!!!
Old 8/9/05, 01:44 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can't beliebe you even though of giving up the 6 :nono:

Old 8/9/05, 01:53 PM
Cobra Member

oh man now you have me wanting the new headers and CAI even more!!! great story! it is a shame how much they have marked up the stangs though!
and i agree with you long live my v-6!!!
Old 8/10/05, 12:20 AM
V6 Member

Hows this for eye opening mark ups. I ended up paying around 27k for my V6 because of the markup and demand in hawaii. The GT's if you found one available ( I only saw one) was 34k. I test drove the GT first and had people smothering me to let them buy it (I got to the dealership first thing in the morning so I had first dibs on it) I couldnt pay the mark up for the GT and I didnt like the color scheme anyway. Needless to say I bought my V6 and am extremely pleased with it. Its almost as fast as my 89 Gt which I had work done to. Im trying to get the XCal 2 from doug at bamachips but I guess his email is down, And I ordered the coffin muffler this morning. It should be equal to my old gt after that.
Old 8/10/05, 05:44 AM
GT Member

Stopped by a local Ford dealer near my work as they had a yellow GT vert out front with Roush bodykit. The GT vert itself was listed at $31K which I thought was an amazing price. But then they add the $$$ for the Roush bodykit and it was over $38K. WTF??? $7K for Roush body parts? And that's all it was, no SC - no performance mods what-so-ever. No wonder it's been sitting there for almost a month...

Oh yeah, and I love my V6
Old 8/10/05, 03:34 PM

I hear ya man! I live in the Metro DC area and I spent two months looking all over Virginia and Maryland for a reasonably priced GT. couldn't find one. I even looking into West Virginia, Tennesee and North Carolina! North Carolina was the only state bordering virginia that has GT's that could be had for less than $1000 over MSRP. It's a shame really but I also love my V6.

It may not be the fastest thing on the road but it surely is not the slowest. It gets me to where I'm going and in style to boot!
Old 8/10/05, 03:56 PM
Cobra R Member

the kicker to me was the under 20k i paid for it. If i could have unloaded another 5 gs and got the gt, without an increase in insurance, i would have, but im not living in wonderland.
and yes i love my v6, and yes i will be modding it
Old 8/10/05, 09:59 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Fazm@August 10, 2005, 5:59 PM
the kicker to me was the under 20k i paid for it. If i could have unloaded another 5 gs and got the gt, without an increase in insurance, i would have, but im not living in wonderland.
and yes i love my v6, and yes i will be modding it

After taxes I paid 19,100 for my V6 on Xplan - with a few dealership upgrades I had to pay for; If I wanted to buy the GT which I could have - I'd have a 31k before taxes, which puts me at around 34 out the door. I'll take my 11+grand I saved (not including gas + insurance) throw it into my motor, and have one mean V6.
Old 8/11/05, 12:46 AM
V6 Member

Man, I feel real lucky I got mine when they first came out. Paid sticker price for it (never knew about Xplan or anything like that) for a "Premium" V6. Looking back I probably should have gotten a stock V6 since I'm planning on modding it extensively, but I'm still more than happy with it.
Old 8/11/05, 08:24 AM
Bullitt Member

Bought mine in December from a dealer out in the country. He had 2 sitting on the lot. The car was actually built in September, I believe (If I remember the door sticker correctly). Premium V6 w/ ICAP. I got it for 500 over invoice and have loved it ever since.

I would LOVE a GT, but then again... Like everyone says... the prices are disgusting, and once you start talking insurance and gas (80 miles each day), I could see myself being car poor. I'll just spend the $$$ on my weekend driver 1966 Stang. I get the roar of a V8 on the weekends, no fear of modifying a new car, and a fabulous (and quite controlable) daily driver to satisfy my needs between weekends. What better way to live?

If the rain stays away this weekend, I'm thinking about washing up my cars and doing a little photo shoot. I am YET to get a pic of both my 66 and my 05. Kindof a shame!
Old 8/13/05, 07:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I picked out mine first week of May, from dealer allocation list, made a couple of changes and picked up my WB 'Vert on 06/03/05 (for invoice). Have had about a dozen mustangs over the years (from a 66 FB to an 85LX 5.0 and an 89 'Vert) but this 05 V6 is tops. Sold a 73 351C 'Vert to fund this buy. My kids like to say that I've finally joioned the new millenium!
Now for my dilema, went to my local dealership today, and he received an unexpected WB 'Vert, loaded GT with Bullits, on Thursday. Do I ....or don't??!! I'll let you know the outcome next week. :scratch: