V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Engine Light

Search this Thread

Old 5/28/05, 09:48 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Morning;

I just installed the MAC Induction (shorty) on my V6, installation was easy and had the battery disconnected all night. Took her out this morning and after about 30 miles (no hard driving) the engine light is on. I was hoping I wouldn't have any problems using the intake without a tune since I don't even have 3000 miles on it yet and didn't want to change anything that may impact the warranty. I was under the impression that using the MAC intake would work alright without a tune? I know you won't get the full potential out of the intake without a tune but I was alright with that.

Has anyone out there installed the MAC intake (just the short, no tubing) without a tune and not have their engine light come, and if you did is there a work around without tuning the car? Oh yeah, it looks awesome and have noticed a slight increase in acceleration but nothing dramatic, probably more psychological than actual :bang:
Old 5/28/05, 12:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Danalor@May 28, 2005, 10:51 AM
Morning;

I just installed the MAC Induction (shorty) on my V6, installation was easy and had the battery disconnected all night. Took her out this morning and after about 30 miles (no hard driving) the engine light is on. I was hoping I wouldn't have any problems using the intake without a tune since I don't even have 3000 miles on it yet and didn't want to change anything that may impact the warranty. I was under the impression that using the MAC intake would work alright without a tune? I know you won't get the full potential out of the intake without a tune but I was alright with that.

Has anyone out there installed the MAC intake (just the short, no tubing) without a tune and not have their engine light come, and if you did is there a work around without tuning the car? Oh yeah, it looks awesome and have noticed a slight increase in acceleration but nothing dramatic, probably more psychological than actual :bang:

Drop MAC an email and see what they have to say?
Old 5/28/05, 01:05 PM
V6 Member

I'll give them a call Tuesday since they're in Temecula, right up I-15 from me. Mike seems pretty helpful when I was ordering. Saw on another forum where someone had same problem and after 200 miles the light went out.