V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

On the dyno today...

Search this Thread

Old 9/24/05, 03:27 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok... quick post...

Went to Lidio's... we did a 75HP shot pull... HP was down a little today.. 233RWHP... The A/F however was perfect! Spark looked good too... Now we had already the extra 2 degrees for the 75HP shot.... soooooooo... we stuck the 100HP jets in!!! WOOHOO!!! Car ran great! A/F was still fine! Here's the dyno sheet.... I also had Lidio overlay my graph with a stock GT auto... I'll post that later...

Here's today graph:

Old 9/24/05, 06:26 PM
V6 Member

Those Torque numbers are amazing, im so jealous!
Old 9/24/05, 06:28 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by blaster199@September 24, 2005, 7:29 PM
Those Torque numbers are amazing, im so jealous!

Just for fun here's my number versus a stock 2005 GT auto... mine is the red run... GT is blue...

Old 9/24/05, 06:34 PM
V6 Member

So when do we get to see some new track numbers?
Old 9/24/05, 06:35 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by blaster199@September 24, 2005, 7:37 PM
So when do we get to see some new track numbers?

weather permitting tomorrow!!!! WOOHOO!!! LOL!!!
Old 9/24/05, 06:38 PM
V6 Member

Can't wait to see those times. Have fun! With that set up you should have no problem taking O5 GT's. Your car is truely a sleeper.
Old 9/24/05, 06:49 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by blaster199@September 24, 2005, 7:41 PM
Can't wait to see those times. Have fun! With that set up you should have no problem taking O5 GT's. Your car is truely a sleeper.

Yeah... now all i need is a remote bottle opener! LOL!!! Of course I really need to get the car to hook better... LOL
Old 9/25/05, 04:31 AM
MSP
Banned

Looks real good Scrming! 358RWTQ is quite nice.. Must put a pretty good snap on the ol SOTP dyno!

Did Lidio express interest in installing the 125 jets, or are you still showing some type of restraint? LOL!! I do admire you for your patience. Must be nice knowing you can move the kit all the way to 175HP jets.. That Zex kit is really nice!
Old 9/25/05, 05:26 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by MSP@September 25, 2005, 5:34 AM
Looks real good Scrming! 358RWTQ is quite nice.. Must put a pretty good snap on the ol SOTP dyno!

Did Lidio express interest in installing the 125 jets, or are you still showing some type of restraint? LOL!! I do admire you for your patience. Must be nice knowing you can move the kit all the way to 175HP jets.. That Zex kit is really nice!

Well, i will admit we didn't actually take the car out for test drive yesterday... LOL! just the dyno... I was hoping to get to the track today but it's going to rain all day today! ARGH!!!!

Yep, like I said Lidio is very cautious and won't let me rush into anything or take silly risks.. He was really excited how well the car did on the 100HP jets... The A/F looked great and no sign what so ever of detonation... soooo... we may try to get a little more agressive with the tune.... we may try the 125HP jets... BUT... we won't do that until SCT fixes LiveLink so the knock sensor(s) can be monitored...

Well, powerhouse said that the 150HP was not for the squeamish... and they seen a fuel distribution problem at the 150HP... soooooo... I think if we get brave enough we may try the 125HP but that will be it!!! LOL!!!
Old 9/25/05, 05:35 AM
MSP
Banned

Yes... It sounds understandable that you may need to upgrade the fuel pump, or injectors at the 150SHOT level... Looking at your numbers at 100Shot, 150SHOT is insane...

We know the 150SHOT will take you to 439RWTQ.. We know this... Scrming, 175SHOT would take you to over 500RWTQ.. Do you understand that this is insane for this engine to accomplish this with bone stock internals? LOL!

Be patient GrassHoper!... But yes, 125SHOT is most likley where you will end up, and be very competitive for most..

What I mean is, I think this engine can take the whole 175 shot with stock internals.. But injectors would be needed..
Old 9/25/05, 05:45 AM
MSP
Banned

Hey Scrming, got my spoiler added... Which signifies the start of my entrance into the bigtime performance realm..

I could be getting a Supercharger real soon... Stay tuned.. Which means, I may not get the Zex, until after I get dished pistons put in to lower the compression ratio..

Old 9/25/05, 05:52 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by MSP@September 25, 2005, 6:38 AM
Yes... It sounds understandable that you may need to upgrade the fuel pump, or injectors at the 150SHOT level... Looking at your numbers at 100Shot, 150SHOT is insane...

We know the 150SHOT will take you to 439RWTQ.. We know this... Scrming, 175SHOT would take you to over 500RWTQ.. Do you understand that this is insane for this engine to accomplish this with bone stock internals? LOL!

Be patient GrassHoper!... But yes, 125SHOT is most likley where you will end up, and be very competitive for most..

What I mean is, I think this engine can take the whole 175 shot with stock internals.. But injectors would be needed..
Take a look at the above torque comparison between my 100HP shot and a stock 05 GT auto.

Here is the HP comparison...

Liidio's feeling is that as it stands (on paper) I could take a stock GT automatic... I've got more torque to get off the line... and while the GT has more peak HP, I've got more HP in the more usable RPM range... of course this is assuming I can get my car to hook! LOL! But hey, i'm working on that... Ordered some different tires for the back... My car budget is pretty much done... but I was able to squeak in a couple of tires and some new rims... LOL!!
Old 9/25/05, 05:57 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by MSP@September 25, 2005, 7:48 AM
Hey Scrming, got my spoiler added... Which signifies the start of my entrance into the bigtime performance realm..

I could be getting a Supercharger real soon... Stay tuned.. Which means, I may not get the Zex, until after I get dished pistons put in to lower the compression ratio..

That looks sweet MSP!
Old 9/25/05, 05:57 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by MSP@September 25, 2005, 6:48 AM

Very nice... that will hold that rear end down! LOL!

Am I to assume the dished pistion / compression ratio comes from that supersix article?
Old 9/25/05, 05:59 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

scrming, have you changed the spark plugs? What does Lidio say about spark plugs and higher levels of NOS?
Old 9/25/05, 06:01 AM
MSP
Banned

Yes, your current power level is one to be proud of.. From a mild but peacfull begining you have succesfully made it possible to claim you can actually take stock GT's.. LOL!! A very big accomplisment if you ask me.. What wheels did you get?

As for me, I am headed into this direction... I am debating right now whether to go with the Procharger or the Powerdyne Superchargers.. Both come with a Diablo control unit, so that wont be a problem of need once one of the 2 are purchased..

I will get the internals done, meaning get the dished pistons, and possibly add some different rods while the pan is removed..
Old 9/25/05, 06:03 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Jimp@September 25, 2005, 7:02 AM
scrming, have you changed the spark plugs? What does Lidio say about spark plugs and higher levels of NOS?
I asked him that exact question... LOL! His feeling is with the 100HP shot the stock plugs are fine...
Old 9/25/05, 06:09 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by MSP@September 25, 2005, 7:04 AM
Yes, your current power level is one to be proud of.. From a mild but peacfull begining you have succesfully made it possible to claim you can actually take stock GT's.. LOL!! A very big accomplisment if you ask me.. What wheels did you get?

As for me, I am headed into this direction... I am debating right now whether to go with the Procharger or the Powerdyne Superchargers.. Both come with a Diablo control unit, so that wont be a problem of need once one of the 2 are purchased..

I will get the internals done, meaning get the dished pistons, and possibly add some different rods while the pan is removed..
Well, the next concern I would have is the rear-end... Not sure how much power I actually want to try and put through it... for now I'm fine as long as I don't do something silly like try and run slicks! LOL!!

I got some inexpensive 5 spoke, gun-metal gray, powered coat rims... the gun-metal should go nicely with my color scheme... main thing is cost right now... The best tire I could find in my price range and size was the nitto 450s... not a great tire but the price is right and so was the size... I'm actually going to a slighty smaller tire... stock is 27 inches, right now i'm at 28.5, the nittos are 27.8... so about half way between stock and where i'm at now... so that should get some of my gearing back! LOL!
Old 9/25/05, 06:09 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by scrming@September 25, 2005, 8:06 AM
I asked him that exact question... LOL! His feeling is with the 100HP shot the stock plugs are fine...
Ahh, cool. Thanks for the info! Did he say you needed to change the spark plugs for 125?
:worship:
Old 9/25/05, 06:10 AM
MSP
Banned

@Jimp

Thanks Jimp! Were you able to get back to the track on Wednsday?

@Scrming

Well as you know, an SC unit would put around 300RWHP full time with maybe 8psi... I should be able to raise the boost level with pistons more suited to the environment.. The 4.0's have a high compression ratio, and may not do too well with much more boost..

Where right now, your making insane numbers with NOS, for me to equal those numebers with an SC, I need higher boost levels than 8psi.. The dished pistons would allow for a slight increase above this..

Quick Reply: On the dyno today...