V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

To Diablo or not to Diablo

Search this Thread

Old 11/9/08, 07:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To Diablo or not to Diablo

I've got a 05 with a automatic transmission, K&N CAI, High performance plugs and wires, Granatelli throttle body,(I know, mixed reviews, but what a difference in workmanship quality when you put it side by side with the factory issue) and a throttle body spacer. I had it reflashed at the dealership, she's peppy, but I'm ready to take the next step.

My concern with the Diablo tuner is if I can screw up my engine with this thing. I have read horror stories about check engine lights, not starting, clunky shifting and engine noise. From what I read, the first thing I will have to do is download updates for the tuner. Is this true? I consider myself a B- mechanic and everything has gone good so far, and I get a little nervous when I start seeing things about retarding the timing for Octane ajustments.

Any thoughts? Thank You
Old 11/9/08, 08:19 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would say get a SCT3, if you are concerned about anything. i have had the SCT2 and the SCT3 without a problem. Now you just have to decied who you want to get your tunes from. Now you have to decide if you are going to keep your K&N if so,all you need is the tuner and a tune.

Get with tillman, he's a sponser on this forum. He has alot of great deals going on and im sure he will hook you up.
Old 11/17/08, 05:59 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have never had any issues with either the sct or the diablo tuners. I use the sct because you can adjust the shift pressure yourself and the diablo dose not offer that option.
I have used both and the sct has been the winner for me.
The tuning house you buy the tuner from can set the paramaters you can change on your end on top of the changes they put in the tune. Or they cak just send you a tune that you can not change. If you are worried about your car, get a tune that has the adjustments locked. The tuning houses will not sell you anything that will intentionally wreck your car.
I tell then I race my car and I need those adjustments. If my car breaks it is my fault.

I wouldn't worry. Follow the tuners instructions and you will be fine.