V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Dang i just got the check engine light!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 4/15/07, 09:31 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dang i just got the check engine light!!!!

well i have warrenty but to waste my time dang what if i take off the battery over night you think it would reset if its not major?
Old 4/15/07, 09:54 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by salsa037
well i have warrenty but to waste my time dang what if i take off the battery over night you think it would reset if its not major?
I would stop by one of the local auto parts stores... I know places like AutoZone will pull the codes for free...

But yes, if all else fails you can disconnect the battery for 15 minutes...

My opinion is you should find out what the codes are...
Old 4/15/07, 03:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by salsa037
Take it to the dealer. I had the CEL come on a few times (the first time they checked the car and re-set the light, second time the light came on and shut off on it's own, and the third time they found a valve sticking in the emissions system, re-set the light and ordered the part, and when the part came in I took the car to the dealer and it was replaced in less then an hour.
Originally Posted by scrming
I would stop by one of the local auto parts stores... I know places like AutoZone will pull the codes for free...

But yes, if all else fails you can disconnect the battery for 15 minutes...

My opinion is you should find out what the codes are...
What happens if there is a problem in the emissions system like I had? I guess you keep resetting the light when it comes back on when the valve sticks open. Waste of time to take the car in? Well, in my case it took about an hour to diagnose the problem and less then that to replace the part when it came in. IMHO you're better off taking the car in and geting it repaired under warrenty then letting it go and having the problem get worse after the warrenty expires and you have to pay for the work...and what about emissions testing? If you have a problem in the emissions system you might not pass the inspection.

BTW, I don't like taking my car in for service any more then you do, but sometimes you have to take it in. I prefer to schedule trips to the dealer for my days off so I can wait for the car, but sometimes that's not possible. My battery started going bad (wouldn't hold charge) where I would need jump starts. When this happened at work I got the car started and drove straight to the dealer and left it overnight, battery replaced the next day.
Old 4/17/07, 08:46 AM
V6 Member

just send in the car yesterday to the dealer wow walked in great customer service they put in a new throttle body and retuned the car wow the gas is more responsive than before not so much lag considering its wire to computer. very happy with fords service.