V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

D1SC Upgrade!!!

Search this Thread

Old 6/23/06, 10:13 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
D1SC Upgrade!!!

Well guys, as much as I love my ProCharger, not all has been perfect as some of you know. I had a bad surge valve, which ATI thinks did something to cause my blower to leak. The leak is very minor and hasn't even amounted to a visible drop in fluid level, but it's there nonetheless.

Instead of rebuilding it again, they're sending me a brand new D1SC! For those of you who know, the D1SC has a different impeller setup and gearing. Typically, they build about 5lbs more boost with the same size pulley, so a pulley change will be necessary. When all is said and done, I think I'll be going to about 12lbs of boost as opposed to my current 9lbs. I doubt it'll require a new tune, but just in case I plan on logging A/F at WOT, idle and cruise in case George @ RPM Outlet needs to make any adjustments.

They sent the shipping label to me next-day air yesterday. I should have it today, and I'll send off the blower this afteroon. I should have the D1SC by Monday, Tuesday latest.

Stay tuned......
Old 6/23/06, 06:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Holy crap, 12psi. She is going to be a monster.
Old 6/24/06, 11:01 PM
GT Member

I know 12psi is gunna be monsterious
Old 6/25/06, 09:40 PM
Bullitt Member

The old blower is in the box ready to ship. As soon as I give ATI the tracking number and they can verify it's on it's way, it'll be off next-day air to me.

I should have it installed by Tuesday night. Stay tuned.....
Old 6/25/06, 10:56 PM
MSP
Banned

WOW!! Great job FlapJack! I cant wait to see your new numbers!

I can invision this forcing ATI to produce another V6 kit with this same blower.. I'll watch for your new details..

This blower basically requires less work from your engine to produce more boost and HP! This is a win win situation no matter how you look at it..

I wonder if Vortech would send me a T-Trim blower if mine sprung a leak! LOL!
Old 6/26/06, 02:54 PM
GT Member

I had mentioned this before when everybody was comparing blower kits. Prochargers are notorious for thier leaky oil seals...vortechs aren't. MSP the D series is offered by Procharger as an upgrade on their P kits so its already a done deal. As far as the amount of boost the SQ-trim can deliver ..it all depends on the crank pulley size. With a 3.33 sc pulley and a 6.9 in. lower ..my car was putting 14 pounds of boost thru the aftercooler. P vs S-Trim and D vs T-Trim they flow the same cfms more or less. Flap that D1 is going to add some fun to your already great package ..Congratulations.
Old 6/29/06, 06:25 AM
Bullitt Member

@MSP

It probably all depends on who you talk to. ATI always offers the upgrade, but it costs quite a bit. Since I was having problems, they hooked me up.

@all

The D1SC is in! It runs great. The boost curve is so fat now.... of course, it'll never be like a roots-type blower or anything, but I have so much ooomph off the line, it's sick.

ATI spec'd out a pulley they knew would be 12psi, and I went 0.2" smaller than that because of the atmosphere. Even with the smaller pulley (3.4 inch), I'm only getting maybe 11 psi MAX. This is at 6000 right before the rev limiter. Oh well, I really can't complain.... the car is absolutely INSANE!

My A/F leaned up a bit (to around 12.4), so I'll be contacting George @ RPM Outlet to get that fixed. I'll probably have it dyno'd, too... but I'm not expecting huge gains. I was hoping for 12psi around 5500 rpm. The Colorado atmosphere has thrwarted me again!!

I'll post results soon....
Old 6/29/06, 01:32 PM
V6 Member

Yikes... 12 PSI of boost on this engine?

I hope it works out for you, man. Sounds fun, but...
Old 6/29/06, 02:04 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally Posted by Belial
Yikes... 12 PSI of boost on this engine?

I hope it works out for you, man. Sounds fun, but...
We have recently found out that the 2.87in pulley for the Vortech setup is a 14psi pulley which makes 350RWHP and 346RWTQ @ 13psi with the Aftercooler.. 14psi is without the aftercooler..

Flapjack is being real easy on the motor at 12psi.. He still has atleast 2 more psi of boost he can safely use..

I am pretty confident that as long as you keep the tune at 11.5 or below and keep the boost temps under control our motors can easily daily drive 16psi.. Remember we have forged rods and the same piston material as the GT.. So as long as you keep the pistons and detonation from becoming more accepting of each other, detonation wont have the ability to betray the pistons when they least expect it..

So anyways, 12psi is not even stressing the motor in the least.. Personally I would recommend at a minimum water injection to keep boost temps undercontrol at all times.. But thats just me..

Flapjack is a really smart guy, he knows what he is doing..
Old 6/29/06, 02:11 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally Posted by flapjack
@MSP

It probably all depends on who you talk to. ATI always offers the upgrade, but it costs quite a bit. Since I was having problems, they hooked me up.

@all

The D1SC is in! It runs great. The boost curve is so fat now.... of course, it'll never be like a roots-type blower or anything, but I have so much ooomph off the line, it's sick.

ATI spec'd out a pulley they knew would be 12psi, and I went 0.2" smaller than that because of the atmosphere. Even with the smaller pulley (3.4 inch), I'm only getting maybe 11 psi MAX. This is at 6000 right before the rev limiter. Oh well, I really can't complain.... the car is absolutely INSANE!

My A/F leaned up a bit (to around 12.4), so I'll be contacting George @ RPM Outlet to get that fixed. I'll probably have it dyno'd, too... but I'm not expecting huge gains. I was hoping for 12psi around 5500 rpm. The Colorado atmosphere has thrwarted me again!!

I'll post results soon....
I really hate the fact of you jumping on the car at a 12.4 A/F ratio.. ****.. You know better than that man..

On the brighter side, nice job and congrats.. But stay off the pedal until you bring down the A/F...

Since your using the Diablo you can easily fatten up the tune.. The Short Term-(The bottom2) fuel trims while at WOT is your A/F..

You need to set it to 26% to 29%.. 26% being 11.5 A/F, and 29% being 10.9 A/F..

You have a Wideband.. All you need to do is go on the freeway in 5th gear and go WOT at 55MPH and watch the wideband as your datalogging..

Dont waste money on a new tune for this.. Our computers can handle it on its own easily.. Just fatten up the WOT Fuel 4K-7K range to 26-29% and use your wideband to verify....

If you want to waste money send the tune money to me.. I am cutting a hole in my hood, and am going to get the hood scoop Scrming has..

Also I said D-A-M-N.. Not sure why that needs to be ****
Old 7/1/06, 08:59 AM
Bullitt Member

I posted this in another forum, but strange enough, the A/F is back to normal. Actually, a little richer than I like it (11.2-11.5). For some reason, I went out that next morning and saw mostly low 12s. On the way back home, and every trip since, I've been getting the 11s like normal.

I'll probably write George an e-mail and see what he thinks...

@MSP

What is the best way with the Diablo to tell if the car is pulling timing. It certainly doesn't feel like it is.... I just wanna be sure. I do remember him mentioning the tune he sent me would be good for any altitude, with small changes in boost as well. Just as long as I used the highest grade pump gas available.
Old 7/1/06, 03:31 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally Posted by flapjack
I posted this in another forum, but strange enough, the A/F is back to normal. Actually, a little richer than I like it (11.2-11.5). For some reason, I went out that next morning and saw mostly low 12s. On the way back home, and every trip since, I've been getting the 11s like normal.

I'll probably write George an e-mail and see what he thinks...

@MSP

What is the best way with the Diablo to tell if the car is pulling timing. It certainly doesn't feel like it is.... I just wanna be sure. I do remember him mentioning the tune he sent me would be good for any altitude, with small changes in boost as well. Just as long as I used the highest grade pump gas available.
Hey FlapJack, not sure how long this post has been sitting here, but I just seen it! LOL!

Anyway, you must first know what your timing is set at.. For me stock is +12 Degrees..

You can do a datalog run up to about 5500RPM in 2nd or 3rd gear WOT and make sure your not doing the pull in hot weather for testing purposes.. Lets say at 5500RPM its at +12 on the timing.. As you approach 6000 the boost is heating up, and depending on the ambient temp, it may start to pull timing.. While your playing back the datalog you view the WOT RPM range and see if the timing is holding steady at where you set it, or if its starting to back off..

View the datalog section WOT Fuel.. This showing timing and A/F percentage..

I'll PM you my phone number and you can call me, so I can help you while your looking at the Diablo..
Old 7/2/06, 09:54 PM
Bullitt Member

@MSP

I've been pretty busy this weekend. Too busy to even vacuum the Cheerios out of the Mustang let alone do any datalogging.

The A/F ratio is normal again. Like I said, not sure what was with that initial run, but all is good now.