V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Coffin muffler

Search this Thread

Old 11/19/05, 10:52 AM
MSP
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is another well explained link.. This one also proves my theory on heating up the gasses, produces an even deeper exhaust tone!!

More Proof!

The new exhaust sounds much healthier. It is louder than stock and definitely deeper in tone that becomes a satisfying roar at full throttle. We did notice a strong drone at 1800 to 2100 rpm. Since Green Machine II has 3.73 gears we are rarely in this rpm range during cruise.

Unlike "X" type crossovers, Mac claims the pipes merging into a small rectangular chamber not only helps exhaust pulses scavenge the opposite bank (the pulses are 180 degrees out of phase in a 4 cycle V8) but the gases in the chamber become hotter as the pulses merge, increasing flow. Sounds plausible, but is it worth anything? We told them we'd be happy to test one out along with their Mac 2.5" FlowPath muffler and tail-pipe kit.
Old 11/19/05, 10:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by MSP@November 19, 2005, 12:30 PM
Ok guys, to put an end to any speculation, I have just purchased a MAC Pro-Chamber.. I will swap this out with my XPIPE, so we can put an end to any speculation..

The Pro-Chamber should be even deeper than a regular H-PIPE, because it will force the exhaust gases to stay even longer than a regular HPIPE..

I'll let you know, when I get it installed, and create a soundfile, I will then send to someone for upload and hosting.. Most lilkey in the next few weeks..

This is my new Pro-Chamber.. We will get to the bottom of this! I need to know! LOL!!

Next will be LongTube Headers from SSM..
darn, just couldn't resist could you. I have to see how this turns out!!!
Old 11/19/05, 10:58 AM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by rygenstormlocke@November 19, 2005, 9:56 AM
darn, just couldn't resist could you. I have to see how this turns out!!!

I know for a fact this will most likey be the best we can do... I am already happy with the XPIPE in my car.. However, the longer we can make the exhaust linger together, the deeper the tone will be.. Also, this will have more inherint backpressure than an XPIPE, which will give me alittle more low end torque..

I am convinced that my current system tone can go even deeper.. I think this will allow it to go as deep as it can get.. We will find out soon..
Old 11/19/05, 11:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by MSP@November 19, 2005, 1:01 PM
I know for a fact this will most likey be the best we can do... I am already happy with the XPIPE in my car.. However, the longer we can make the exhaust linger together, the deeper the tone will be.. Also, this will have more inherint backpressure than an XPIPE, which will give me alittle more low end torque..

I am convinced that my current system tone can go even deeper.. I think this will allow it to go as deep as it can get.. We will find out soon..

I cannot wait for this, I may have to convert to this vs. a typical H pipe. I need more information though, cause now that I have my 4.10s, my drone is no longer happening during Hwy cruising speeds. But according to this, the pro chamber with 3.73s, the drone is at 1800-2100. Hopefully with 4.10s it will not move to this range.
Old 11/19/05, 11:15 AM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by rygenstormlocke@November 19, 2005, 10:10 AM
I cannot wait for this, I may have to convert to this vs. a typical H pipe. I need more information though, cause now that I have my 4.10s, my drone is no longer happening during Hwy cruising speeds. But according to this, the pro chamber with 3.73s, the drone is at 1800-2100. Hopefully with 4.10s it will not move to this range.

With 4.10's the the RPM's are slightly higher, so no fear of drone at all.. Also, the MagnaFlow 15" resonators do not have drone at any RPM..

The trick to this setup is 2 fold.. One is the exhaust gases are dumped into the chamber.. Inside the chamber they fight each other to get out by 2 exits.. During this struggle to get the heck out of the chamber, all the exhaust gasses get pissed off and heat up even more.. When they leave the chamber they are alot hotter than a typical H or X so the tone is deeper..

During the struggle, more gasses are dumped into the chamber adding to the chaos.. My theory is, where a typical XPIPE gives way at much higher RPM, allowing for a less deep tone at the higher RPM's, the Prochamber allows for a deeper tone at higher RPM, because more gasses are dumped into the chamber, with the same size exit.. In theory the higher the RPM, the hotter the gasses the deeper the tone..

So while the XPIPE quiets down past a certain RPM, the Pro-Chamber may get even deeper and louder, because the gases are more and hotter, and very pissed off!!
Old 6/21/23, 04:16 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,861 Likes on 2,112 Posts
Saw a Guest Viewing & Thought I Would Update!

Update Still in Business!

I Have Them On My 07 Gt-500, 02 Harley Supercharged F-150 and 95 Ram V10! Still Love Em!

https://thecoffinmuffler.com/

Pics From Back in The Day! My Then New 05 Gt Used To Prototype Bolt On Kit!

Sorry The Old Sound Links are Dead! And Yes That Was The Terrance Mann From Field of Dreams Personal Website! A Member Was The Webmaster and Gave Us The Space Back in the Day!

KC

Last edited by 05stangkc; 6/21/23 at 04:26 PM.