V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

CDC Ducktail vs factory ESAP spoiler.

Search this Thread

Old 10/1/05, 06:47 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I've seen the CDC ducktail spoiler. I ordered my car with ESAP and now I'm :scratch: how much damage it would be to swap the CDC ducktail for the factory ESAP pkg spoiler. Does the factory ESAP spoiler have holes punched in the trunk that would make the swap :bang: not worth it or having to patch drill-holes/tap holes where the ESAP spoiler was?
Old 10/1/05, 07:26 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Lots of threads about the spoilers. CDC will not cover the factory holes but there are spoilers available that will. If you want the CDC spoiler see if your dealer will trade you a trunk with the spoiler delete.
Old 10/2/05, 05:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
darn! I was looking at the CDC too, its the best ducktail on the market in my opinion.
Old 10/9/05, 10:45 AM
Cobra Member

From what I understand you coudl have the holes welded/repainted or if you can find someone with a trunk w/o a spoiler that wants to switch (maybe at your dealer?) you could do that as well.
Old 10/9/05, 11:32 AM
MSP
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All this means is, you should be considering a similar spoiler which will cover the holes..

Now you could always get creative.. You could buy some type of emblem that you could place over the holes.. Or you could place a stripe kit over the holes... bottom line is, there are lots of things you can do, to get the holes covered, that would look good..

So now ask your friends here, to think of what you could use to plug the holes... Keeping in mind, that even placing some bolts into the trunk which are chrome, to cover the holes, of course with some type of weather proofing rubber/foam washer will also suffice.. You could even search out some type of bullet bolt to place in them..

Bottom line is, get your CDC spoiler, to quench your lust for it, then I would buy the Chrome Bullet bolts myself to cover the holes in the short term.. Then once you CDC is in place, your mind will decide what it wants to do.. But honestly, you are going to be surprised at how well those Chromed Bullet Bolts look!..

Thank me later, its no problem at all!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-Chrome-Sm...sspagenameZWDVW

I enjoy this.. LOL!!
Old 10/9/05, 04:40 PM

Originally posted by MSP@October 9, 2005, 12:35 PM
All this means is, you should be considering a similar spoiler which will cover the holes..

Now you could always get creative.. You could buy some type of emblem that you could place over the holes.. Or you could place a stripe kit over the holes... bottom line is, there are lots of things you can do, to get the holes covered, that would look good..

So now ask your friends here, to think of what you could use to plug the holes... Keeping in mind, that even placing some bolts into the trunk which are chrome, to cover the holes, of course with some type of weather proofing rubber/foam washer will also suffice.. You could even search out some type of bullet bolt to place in them..

Bottom line is, get your CDC spoiler, to quench your lust for it, then I would buy the Chrome Bullet bolts myself to cover the holes in the short term.. Then once you CDC is in place, your mind will decide what it wants to do.. But honestly, you are going to be surprised at how well those Chromed Bullet Bolts look!..

Thank me later, its no problem at all!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-Chrome-Sm...sspagenameZWDVW

I enjoy this.. LOL!!

I'm suprised by the finish of these bolts. The only beneift I have when it comes to modding my car is I have a close friend that works at a body shop. If he can't close those holes clean, then these bolts may work nicely. The more I look at the CDC, the more I think it gives the car that classic 67 shelby look.

Thanks for the tip.

I need to start taking pics!