V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Which CAI/Tune Is The Best.....

Search this Thread

Old 9/14/05, 03:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

OK...Plain and simple here folks...I have been reading and reading and reading.....But in your opinion(s), Which CAI and Tune are the best for the V6. And how much should it cost?
There are sooooooooo many different threads all over the place Its giving me a headache Im seriously looking into this but its just so overwhelming. Also, if someone knows of a place in the Victoria/Vancouver are to buy these items that would be great !!

So Folks....lets hear what you have and what gains ya got and how much $$$ it cost
Old 9/14/05, 09:16 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by flight96@September 14, 2005, 4:57 PM
OK...Plain and simple here folks...I have been reading and reading and reading.....But in your opinion(s), Which CAI and Tune are the best for the V6. And how much should it cost?
There are sooooooooo many different threads all over the place Its giving me a headache Im seriously looking into this but its just so overwhelming. Also, if someone knows of a place in the Victoria/Vancouver are to buy these items that would be great !!

So Folks....lets hear what you have and what gains ya got and how much $$$ it cost
Sort of like asking what flavor ice cream tastes best..everyone has their own opinion/preference.

Me, I like the AEM CAI part. Good perfomance boost, reasonable cost (~$225) looks good, and doesn't require hacking the crankcase vent. There are a number of good tuners out there. I'm probably going to go with Bamachips because of good word of mouth on his tunes.
Old 9/15/05, 08:19 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just ordered a MRT CAI... Of all of the CAI's I look at this one just looked the best to me. With its carbon fiber air box vented right into the wheel well I suppose I was really just looking for a more traditional looking CAI. The price was more than I wanted to spend but, then again, isn't it always the case.

Old 9/15/05, 10:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

What sort of gains is the MRT getting?
Old 9/15/05, 04:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Is a tune "required" or just a good idea. Also what kind of performance gains are we talking about? Just CAI and CAI w/tune?
Old 9/15/05, 08:40 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
According to the company that actually makes the CAI for MRT (Street Smart Design), the V-8 CAI will add (on average) 17 RWDHP across the RPM band with a peak of +34 RWDHP! This is with a Predator Tune. Here's a dyno that they list on their site:

I'm told that the tune is not needed with this CAI. I'm sure the increases will be much less but I can live with that for two more years.