V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

C&L and X-cal2 installed!

Search this Thread

Old 12/20/05, 03:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
I got my C&L and X-cal2 from Doug today and installed them immediately!
It took about 15-20 minutes and was easy.
As soon as I started the car I could tell the difference.
Went for a drive and all I can say is WOW!!!
This is the way the car should have been from the factory!
Dougs tunes are awesome and really let the car drive like it should.
I thought the car was fun before but now it rocks!
I can definately see that I will have to get gears and a t-lok 'cause now the car is begging for them!
Thanks Doug for your great tunes.
Thanks Hamid and Zodiac for your tips.
I love the smell of burning rubber in the morning. It smells like victory.
Old 12/20/05, 03:43 PM
Legacy TMS Member

More pics
Old 12/20/05, 03:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congratulations!!!! Sounds great. Love hearing great things about these CAI/Tuner combos. Can't wait to see what you say after a TLOK!

Have you thought about gears? Or you sticking with just the tlok.
Old 12/20/05, 03:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I'm probably going with 3.73 gears and a Ford racing t-lok.
Most likely early next year when I get my profit sharing bonus from work!
Thanks for the congrats.
I'm really glad I joined this forum because the knowledge that gets shared here helped me make my decisions on which intake and tuner to buy as well as who to use for the tunes.
Old 12/20/05, 06:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gary... a t-lok, at the least, is now a must! Doug's tune makes these cars feels like little monsters! Which tune did you go with? I'm now running the 91 performance and really enjoying it!
Old 12/20/05, 06:39 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Hamid,
I'm running the 93 performance tune.
I got an 87 performance, 93 performance and a 93 torque.

UPS delayed my shipment (they scanned it but forgot to put it on the truck yesterday!) so I got it late today and it was getting dark by the time I installed the intake and tune and went for one test drive.

I will play aroung with it more this weekend and try the torque tune. I also did not look at the user adjustable options yet.

So far it's great! I love the launch and no throttle lag as well as being able to light 'em up!
Old 12/20/05, 07:15 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds and looks great

I mailed my AEM intake off to Doug last week so he could create tunes for those, everytime I hear someone raving about getting one of his tunes I just get more excited to see what he'll be able to do with it.
Old 12/20/05, 07:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Hey P_Kiley,
Thanks for sending yours in for Doug to create a tune for the AEM CAI. I can't wait to get one. When I order mine I am defiantly going with Bamachips. I have a question about the tuner; I know it has been mentioned in this thread about adding a t-lok after you have installed the tune. Do you have to retune the car if you were to add a t-lok later?

Thanks!
Old 12/20/05, 07:56 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Cam07@December 20, 2005, 9:49 PM
Hey P_Kiley,
Thanks for sending yours in for Doug to create a tune for the AEM CAI. I can't wait to get one. When I order mine I am defiantly going with Bamachips. I have a question about the tuner; I know it has been mentioned in this thread about adding a t-lok after you have installed the tune. Do you have to retune the car if you were to add a t-lok later?

Thanks!
Just a T-lok wouldn't require a retune, as it just puts the power the engine is already producing to the ground better. If you swap gear ratios, you'll want to adjust that with the tuner so the speedo reads right, etc.
Old 12/20/05, 09:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

thanks guys, I'm glad you are happy with your tuner Gary and your air intake as well.

Paul, I've got your air intake in and hopefully early next week I will be going to the dyno to test it along with the underdrive pulley, if it makes it in by the promised Saturday.

Thanks, Doug.
Old 12/21/05, 06:49 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Doug904@December 20, 2005, 11:34 PM
thanks guys, I'm glad you are happy with your tuner Gary and your air intake as well.

Paul, I've got your air intake in and hopefully early next week I will be going to the dyno to test it along with the underdrive pulley, if it makes it in by the promised Saturday.

Thanks, Doug.
Old 12/21/05, 11:29 AM
Team Mustang Source

I can't wait to ge tthis installed, looks like a late spring install for me after I get the gears and T-loc in.
Old 12/21/05, 11:36 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by Doug904@December 21, 2005, 12:34 AM

Thanks, Doug.
Hey, what is the torque tune? I didn't get that with my SCT-2.
Old 12/21/05, 05:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I just happened to ask Doug that today!
Here's his response;
HI Gary,

The Torque and Performance programs differ in the range they are aimed at for making power. The Torque is more so a daily driver program that focuses in on the 1500-3500 rpm's band. In order to do so well in that range though it does give up a few HP up top and this is why I break it apart from my Performance adjustments. The Performance program is aimed at more of a 3000rpm and up rpm band focusing in more on the top end horsepower and all out performance driving. This is a great track tune but also works well daily driven. Any of my programs are safe to use for daily driving unless you request a race only tune.

Merry Christmas to you!

Thanks Doug.

By the way Jimp, you're not invisible!
Old 12/21/05, 05:58 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by garyb900@December 21, 2005, 8:57 PM
I just happened to ask Doug that today!
Here's his response;
HI Gary,

The Torque and Performance programs differ in the range they are aimed at for making power. The Torque is more so a daily driver program that focuses in on the 1500-3500 rpm's band. In order to do so well in that range though it does give up a few HP up top and this is why I break it apart from my Performance adjustments. The Performance program is aimed at more of a 3000rpm and up rpm band focusing in more on the top end horsepower and all out performance driving. This is a great track tune but also works well daily driven. Any of my programs are safe to use for daily driving unless you request a race only tune.

Merry Christmas to you!

Thanks Doug.

By the way Jimp, you're not invisible!
Ahh, thanks. I'll email Doug about it.
Old 12/21/05, 06:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

I've played around with both the 91 octane performance and torque tunes. It's just as Doug describes. The torque tune has more power down low and is definetly more aggressive at those levels... but, when you stomp on the performance tune, you can definetly feel the extra power at higher rpm's... I've been using the performance tune, but will probably switch to the torque tune soon and give that a week or two.
Old 12/21/05, 08:03 PM
Bullitt Member

All this talk about a CAI and a tune from Doug is making me excited. I'm new here and found out recently that I live about 45 minutes away from Doug. I'm definately going to be going with a C&L and SCT 2 from Bamachips in the very near future thanks to everybody's great reviews.
Old 12/21/05, 08:14 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by TorchRedV6@December 21, 2005, 9:06 PM
All this talk about a CAI and a tune from Doug is making me excited. I'm new here and found out recently that I live about 45 minutes away from Doug. I'm definately going to be going with a C&L and SCT 2 from Bamachips in the very near future thanks to everybody's great reviews.
Hey guy,

Always nice to find a local, where are you from? I'm in Jasper, about 30 miles north of Birmingham up hwy 78. I have a C&L I keep and if you just want to drive it with the C&L and X-2 installed to test it out before you buy I'm always happy to help.

Thanks, Doug.
Old 12/21/05, 08:59 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Yes, the C&L with your tune, Doug, is amazing!!
I installed it monday night and have been playing with my car ever since.
I was pessimistic too on how something that was literally so easy, could make any difference that I could actually feel. It was somewhat surreal in a way to have my car pull harder that what I have been used to since I bought it. Can't believe I managed to be stock for so long.

Student drags are on Jan (14 or 16 can't remember) at Irwindale speedway. I may have to show up now.
Old 12/21/05, 09:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Doug904@December 21, 2005, 9:17 PM
Hey guy,

Always nice to find a local, where are you from? I'm in Jasper, about 30 miles north of Birmingham up hwy 78. I have a C&L I keep and if you just want to drive it with the C&L and X-2 installed to test it out before you buy I'm always happy to help.

Thanks, Doug.
Doug,

I'm in Tuscaloosa. I seriously might take you up on the offer of testing out the intake and tune before I buy. That's awesome, I've really been wanting to feel the difference they will make to the car. Look forward to working with you (hopefully some time in January if I've got the cash!!). Oh yeah, if you need a manual trans. test mule anytime, I'm more than willing!!! Thanks

Quick Reply: C&L and X-cal2 installed!