V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Brand New Pony

Search this Thread

Old 6/8/05, 03:06 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Hi, new to the forums! Please put this in the right thread if I'm posting in the wrong place! I just got my mineral grey V6 manual tranny a few days ago. (My last car went up in flames [a wire wasn't grounded properly we suspect]--a 1965 Ford Galaxie 500 LTD) It was a sweet ride after we restored it and I kept that car clean 24/7. Always washin, waxing, etc.

Anyway, I didn't really notice a thread about cleaning solutions and brand reccomendations (sorry if I overlooked it). I was just wondering what you all do to keep your pride and joy shining on and under the hood. With so many products on the shelves I thought this might help some people choose the right stuff.

So if ya could share your secrets, spill it! Is it Royal Purple or Castrol GTX? Is it Turtle Wax or Armorall? I need all the help I can get and I'm sure others do too with so many available!
Old 6/8/05, 03:40 PM
Queen Of Nascar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome Brandon!! Congrats on your new pony!!
Everyone uses different stuff. Alot of people swear by Zaino. I do not have any experience with it,but have read alot of good things. I use Eagle One car wash and their tire cleaner. I love the Dupoint Teflon spray wax.
Enjoy your new car!!
Old 6/8/05, 03:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

I use the Zaino stuff and love it for washing and polishing, it's not really a wax. I keep the under the hood area clean with the engine detail kit I got from Griots Garage. I don't actually use it every time I wash the car, but when I do wash the car I always wipe down the motor area to keep it clean.

Interior I use 303 Aerospace Protectant for cleaning and helping keep that nice non greasy dash looking good. There are alot of products out there so it is nice to hear what people use and like. It always helps to have some good input to help you make some good choices.

Oil, I will be switching to Moblile 1 SuperSyn at 10,000 miles. Good luck and enjoy your car
Old 6/8/05, 04:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks guys! I'll have to look into those-- And how could you not enjoy such a great car! :worship:

Replying to my own post: I saw my dad using this stuff called Turtle Wax 2001 Wheel Cleaner on his Volvo S80 wheels. They get coated in brake dust. My bro sprayed that on and hosed it off and they looked brand new. And that was just from the water pressure, I imagine a brush or cloth would make 'em even cleaner!

I went to 303's website after reading your posts and they offer a free sample here if anybody's interested, I already put in for mine
Old 6/8/05, 06:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Sweet find! To add to the wheel cleaning issue. When I put the new Bullit wheels on I gave them a good wax with some carnuba based wax (Best in Show from Griots Garage actually) and now the wheels seem to have little brake dust that stickes to them. Now when I wash the car I don't even have to use wheel cleaner at all, just hose them off and wipe them down.