V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Brand new to the Mustang world...

Search this Thread

Old 4/1/05, 03:08 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by TURBO 05@April 1, 2005, 3:48 AM
if you add a gt bumper and duel exhaust and want a chip and ca intake.... sounds like it would have been better to start with a gt, jmo.... but i can understand if it is for insurance reasons as I pay 2400/year for my GT
Yeah insurance rates in Houston aren't cheap. Plus the fuel efficiency is nice.

Anywa, I'm not really looking for a chip per se, just trying to improve performance in the horsepower and mileage areas. That's where the exhaust and CAI comes in, since the big rumor is that Ford "corked" the exhaust on the V-6 to make the GT a more attractive alternative. I don't know how true that is, but I'm just going to make do with what I've got. I figure I can build it up into a distinctive ride of my own. Of course, that means I've gotta ask what everyone else has on THEIR ride, then try to pick and choose the best options available.

I'm not a racer, just trying to work with what I can afford.
Old 4/1/05, 09:36 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by WorkInProgress+March 31, 2005, 11:46 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WorkInProgress @ March 31, 2005, 11:46 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-BlackMustangGT07@March 31, 2005, 3:01 PM
I hope that helps and I can try to answer any further questions the best I can.

O yeah, welcome to the performance scene- your gonna love it!
Thanks for the info. Believe me, I'll take any advice I can get. Any personal preference on brand of muffler/exhaust? I know about Borla, Magnaflow, Bassani, etc. I'm not big on the cost of Borla (I think they're pretty much the most expensive, I could be wrong) but I'm kind of of the "Do it right the first time" school of thought. I was thinking about trying to dual out the Magnaflows (I see a GT set on the Magnaflow site for $571.64).
[/b][/quote]

I personally like the SLP Loudmouths, but those are pretty loud and you will most likely get drone (a constant exhaust sound that can get annoying) inside your cabin. But the best way to decide on a muffler is to listen to the audio/video clips found on the brand website or even posted on this site (just type in the brand you want to hear and search the entire site, I'm pretty sure sound clips of most brands are here). The absolutely best way to tell wether you like an exhaust is to hear it in person because internet sound clips may be decieving. So next time your at a car show ask 05 owners if they modified the exhaust and ask to hear it- they'll most likely be more than happy to oblige.