V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Auto to TR3650 manual swap '05 V6 info

Search this Thread

Old Today, 10:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Auto to TR3650 manual swap '05 V6 info

Hi everyone!

I have a 2005 V6 with a broken 5r55s..the third one...so now, i'm willing to swap a manual trans in it..i've already have the GT rear end to use with the trans and driveshaft, but I'm looking to collect all the informations to get the swap in the title done..so, first of all..does anyone have any information on it, and on how to do it?
Second, i've made a list down here with all the pieces i,at present time, know that are needed for the swap...could you please add the stuff that i'm missing/give me more informations on all of them?

Parts needed:

-TR3650 manual transmission
-Adapter plate to mate the tr3650 Bellhousing with the 4.0 block
-GT shifter, top side
-GT shifter boot
-GT ****
-clutch line
-Clutch/brake pedal assembly with clutch switches
-Clutch master cylinder
-Clutch cable jumper wire/harness from pedal to under-dash connector(i think it should be from a V6 manual,correct me if i'm wrong)
-Clutch(don't know precisely what type, but i know Specs could make them..i need one that will fit the 4.0 pressure plate)
-GT Driveshaft(i've read also that the one used in an auto trans car fits with the tr3650 because they're of the same lenght..someone could shed a light on this?)
-Manual PCM from a same year mustang V6, where you have to disable/reprogram the PATS (also here, i've seen a couple of vid's on the web where some folks were showing that using HPTuner or the SCT Racing tuning software you could disable the auto trans features and so use the auto PCM you already have..true or not?need more info here)
-Engine/Trans Harness from a same year Manual V6 (also here, looking at the same swap in the GT section, i've read that you could reuse your auto harness, modifying some connectors/soldering some wires..but i need more information on the matter to understand what i have to modify,what connectors, and so on..also i haven't understood if i need the connectors from a manual V6,or from a manual GT)

Thanks everybody for all the help you could give me!!
Old Today, 11:46 AM
SUPERCHARGED RED ROCKET ------------------Master-Moderator

Received 2,244 Likes on 1,794 Posts
Here's an attachment link below located in the repair and service thread subforum section... Perhaps you'll find it useful.

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...stions-551410/

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; Today at 07:46 PM.