V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

ABS/Traction Control

Search this Thread

Old 12/15/04, 10:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I live in southern california and was wondering if it is a good idea to add ABS/Traction control to my 05 V6 since it rarely rains here. Also, I already have my car, how hard is it for the dealership to add the ABS/Traction Control?
Old 12/15/04, 01:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Ya know... I was JUST thinking of posting the exact same topic. My dealer told me the car had ABS, and I didn't check to see on the sticker. Now I'm pissed because I really wanted the option, and I want to find a way of getting it put on the car. I don't know if the dealer can iron something out for getting it installed or not.

This would be some awesome info to know... if anyone knows. Can the dealers install this option? If so, I may have to have words with my dealer to get this done to mine.
Old 12/15/04, 01:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Ya know... I was JUST thinking of posting the exact same topic. My dealer told me the car had ABS, and I didn't check to see on the sticker. Now I'm pissed because I really wanted the option, and I want to find a way of getting it put on the car. I don't know if the dealer can iron something out for getting it installed or not.

This would be some awesome info to know... if anyone knows. Can the dealers install this option? If so, I may have to have words with my dealer to get this done to mine.
Old 12/15/04, 01:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Old 12/15/04, 01:54 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Stanger, are you having posting problems there?
Old 12/15/04, 01:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Old 12/15/04, 02:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Sorry guys. Using a wireless.... gave me some probs. Need a mod to delete all of this.
Old 12/15/04, 08:01 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi guys,
Adding ABS-Trac Control is prettty much an impossiblity as many components-i.e. brake lines, wheel hubs, rotors not to mention electronic bits are specific to ABS/nonABS vehicles. So retrofitting is really not an option I am sad to say.