GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

You may change your opinion of Livernois...

Search this Thread

Old 11/7/09, 06:28 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Interesting why the "Rest of the story" was not posted on this site?
Old 11/7/09, 07:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all, I'm new to this board and just signed up.

Very sorry that the follow up story was not posted here as well. To be honest I just learned yesterday that this was on this forum as well. I thought it was only on the other two. A member on this board and the other one sent me a link so thanks to him for that.

I would repost all the info that was found but I don't know the forum rules on here and don't want to break them. If it is allowed then maybe a moderator will let me know and I will kindly link all of the information.

At this point though if I could ask that you go to one of the other forums and read through to the end you will see that Livernois is in fact not at fault in anyway on this.

If anybody has any questions please let me know.

Thanks
Mike
Old 11/7/09, 08:09 AM

After talking with the guy that handles most of the forum stuff he said since we are not directly selling anything and just defending ourselves I can post the links and it should not be a problem.

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/s...d.php?t=146431

That is the original one, the other forum which I am referencing in it refers to

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24012

Thanks
Mike
Old 11/7/09, 08:50 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Thanks Mike! And welcome to the site, even if you're not an advertising sponsor..... (yet)

Old 11/7/09, 09:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

Hope this can all be worked out.
Old 11/7/09, 11:13 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
Interesting why the "Rest of the story" was not posted on this site?
Probably because he hasn't been back since the last time he posted in this thread. The time and date are the same.
Old 11/7/09, 11:35 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by BlueSkyVert
Customer-vendor relations are always tough, especially when brought out into public. Never know where it's gonna go...

True...but he had time to post on Modularfords at 10:54 last night. I would think that if you take the time to post a whack at a vendor you could at least post the entire saga in a timely fashion. I apologize to Mike at Livernois. I am just sorry we didn't get the whole story and I posted a response about an issue we all truely did not know the facts about.
Scott
Old 11/7/09, 03:25 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I will post my apologies too, i have seen many S197s with Livernois parts and i have always seen them perform very well. But those price numbers really send a chill down your spine when you think it could be your car. It is good to see that Livernois is willing to work this out and not just leave him high and dry to live with Comp Cams mistake.
Old 11/7/09, 04:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

I read all this and was not going to post, but I want everyone to see the REAL issue.

Trying too hard to save money is expensive. By internet piece parting and "saving" money, ultimately, the customer spends more and is dissatisfied.

For $18K you could buy a blown Aluminator, done. I'm sure if you walked into Livernois with $18K you would drive out a happy camper.

Penny wise and dollar foolish is a saying because it's true.
Old 11/8/09, 07:40 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
I read all 18 pages of the ModularFords thread. Right now on my iPhone start to finish. From the facts presented the builder/tuner is at fault. End of story. And the OP really needs to find a better builder who can supply the parts as well as build and tune. He seems to have bad luck wherever he goes, and that sucks, but at some point you have to realize **** happens. It just sickens me that it happened after spending so much money. But you need to get all your facts straight before slandering a vendor on a public forum. And all I got from this was that the OP has some ****ty shops in his area and he needs to not blame the wrong people before all is settled.
Old 11/9/09, 08:51 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 66 Likes on 31 Posts
this thread has me curious...I bet if I chucked a old cam in my lathe and put a few pounds pressure on it, it would bend a few thou very easily...talk of a .001 or less bend in a cam destroying bearings kinda just dont sound right to me...if say 10 pounds bends it > .001(guessing) over its length, what happens with a few hundred pounds of spring pressure between journals over 1/4 its length?

I got a few old cast iron cams sitting out there, will try when I get time...the mod motors I think have tubular (assembled) cams (got a Mahle chart in the garage that says cam construction types from wards Auto world a while ago). would kinda expect a steel cam might flex easier than a solid iron one...who knows

anyway, I tend to think maybe the cam didnt cause the issue...oil pump failed after the cam? think I'd have to believe thats reversed. bigger question is why did the pump fail? dirt in the relief? never had the heads off a OHC motor, wonder how the oil pressure ports can be cleaned out after removing heads/scraping gaskets off, etc...on a old OHV head, all the oil is thru the pushrods, not a worry, but expect theres a pressure hole or 4 to each cam thru the deck on a 4.6 ?

still though, whoever swappped the heads *might* have knocked some dirt into the oil galley, where it caused damage and/or stuck/blocked the relief...and wiped out some expensive head's bearings...

I would still think the heads could be saved- maybe punch them out and add some conrod bearing shells if a set could be had in the right diameter- for that kind of money, I'd try it.
Old 11/11/09, 05:57 PM

Depending on wall thickness, a tube is actually more resistant to bending than a solid shaft...