GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Yet another CMCV delete question

Search this Thread

Old 2/13/07, 08:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yet another CMCV delete question

Ok guys and girls, I know there has been many threads on this. I have done the search and there is one or two things I still can't get clarified. For one, and this is for those that DO NOT have power adders and headers, for those that have gears have you seen a loss of low end torque? Are the gears enough to get past the loss?

I have a set coming but I am unsure if I want to put them on. I drive my car daily. I only go to the drag strip occassionally. I will have 410 gears and my other mods which you can see below. Is putting these things on my car a good idea keeping in mind my situation and use?
Old 2/13/07, 08:52 AM
Bullitt Member

Stock 3.55 gears and I have not noticed any loss in the low end.

I have only seen one dyno showing the before and after numbers when installing the delete plates, and it showed no low end loss. Of course, the dyno was done by a magazine, so who knows.

I did notice a loss in low end when I switched to an O/R H pipe. If the CMCV deletes do loose some low end, it is less than removing the cats.
Old 2/13/07, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by SP_51-F1
Stock 3.55 gears and I have not noticed any loss in the low end.

I have only seen one dyno showing the before and after numbers when installing the delete plates, and it showed no low end loss. Of course, the dyno was done by a magazine, so who knows.

I did notice a loss in low end when I switched to an O/R H pipe. If the CMCV deletes do loose some low end, it is less than removing the cats.
So if I add an offroad h-pipe then I will lose some low end torque? Is it really that noticeable or not? Is it throughout the power range or just at certain rpms?
Old 2/13/07, 09:38 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by cobra4548
So if I add an offroad h-pipe then I will lose some low end torque? Is it really that noticeable or not? Is it throughout the power range or just at certain rpms?
Yeah, you will loose a little. It's not too bad and it is just on the low end of the RPM range. The gain mid-top is worth it, I would not let it hold you back.
Old 2/13/07, 09:52 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
For what it's worth, I agree with everything SP_51-F1 said. I have intake, tune, deletes, pullies, midpipe, exhaust, and 4.10s and have experienced the exact same things.
Old 2/13/07, 09:58 AM

You won't lose a thing with the cmrc's. I'm N/A and they never hurt my car or driveability at all. I drive my car daily, heck I have 33,500 miles on it after 15 months LOL. CMRC deletes are one of the best mods you can do to these cars. After you do it, you'll kick yourself for not doing it sooner. When I put my cmrc deletes on, I still had 3.55 gears. I still drive the car daily with the 4.10's I have now, and it still drives like a brand new car and I only lost 1 mpg.
Old 2/13/07, 10:16 AM
GT Member

+1 on all of the above.

With CMCV Delete Plates, you lose a very few HP at low RPMS at WOT.

The plates do not affect normal driveability. They do, however, give you a good kick in the behind when you floor the sucker above 3500 RPM.

In combo with Doug's Race 93 tune for the plates, it was the best $100 I spent- the most HP for the least amount of $$.
Old 2/13/07, 10:51 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Pro Mod
You won't lose a thing with the cmrc's. I'm N/A and they never hurt my car or driveability at all. I drive my car daily, heck I have 33,500 miles on it after 15 months LOL. CMRC deletes are one of the best mods you can do to these cars. After you do it, you'll kick yourself for not doing it sooner. When I put my cmrc deletes on, I still had 3.55 gears. I still drive the car daily with the 4.10's I have now, and it still drives like a brand new car and I only lost 1 mpg.

That's a good point about the fuel mileage...... I should note that when I added 4.10s, my mileage did drop but after adding delete plates and pullies, my mileage came right back. If I cruise the hiway at 75 mph, I'll get almost 24 mpg with the 4.10s- can't beat that!