GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Xcal2

Search this Thread

Old 6/20/07, 06:28 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Xcal2

I know there is a sticky for this subject but I just wanted to bring it back to the forum. Doug said there may be a problem (for 2006's anyway) if you return your car to stock for dealer work and they flash the computer if will change the strategy. I asked the question on the sticky what would happen if you didn't return the car to stock and they flashed it. Didn't get a response. I went on the SCT forum and asked the same question. An SCT dealer responded that there would be no negative effect on the car but the Xcal would no longer work on the car and would have to be returned to SCT to be unlocked. I responded to that post and asked if a local SCT dealer could do it or should I send to Doug. No response yet. I also sent Doug an email with the same quastions but have not heard back yet.
I think we need to know exactly where we stand with this product. My dealer knows I have the tune and the one time I have had it in for warranty work I didn't change the tune back to stock. But if some dummy does flash it I would like to have a better idea of what to expect.

Any comments? Thanks.
Old 6/20/07, 09:21 AM
GT Member

If the dealer reflashes the car the strategy will change and your XCAL2 programs will not work. If you try and flash the car using the wrong strategy the car will not start and if you go back to stock it still will not start. If you did not return the car to stock and the dealer flashed it you will lose your program. This is where is gets tricky. Since the car was reflashed you will need a new tune for the new strategy so as long as you have changes left in your XCAL you should be able to load a new tune and program the car.
Old 6/20/07, 11:42 AM
Bullitt Member

If you did not return the car to stock and the dealer flashed it you will lose your program. This is where is gets tricky. Since the car was reflashed you will need a new tune for the new strategy so as long as you have changes left in your XCAL you should be able to load a new tune and program the car.

This is what I am trying to get an answer to. According to an SCT dealer(Justin Starkey) who responded on the SCT site, the tune won't be affected but the device won't work and will have to be returned to SCT to be unlocked. I think I understand that the strategy will change because of the dealer flash so it does make sense that I woud need a new tune. Could it be that teh SCT dealer isn't aware of the probelm with 2006's?