GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Woot woot! 12.86@105mph

Search this Thread

Old 3/13/05, 06:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by 169stang@March 13, 2005, 8:29 AM
I'm on the right on that timeslip. My number was 32 which you can see in the pic as well.
For my setup and dead hooking tires, it's too hard on the clutch. people were speculating on the weakest point...I found it. I do realize the 3 runs back-to-back is no good for the clutch. As far as "smokin" the clutch, there isn't much left of it. The clutch doesn't engage when it's supposed too, and you can smell everytime you get out. I got it home with no problems and it's still driveable. I'm just going to have it replaced next week. I'm also going to be getting line locs. I thought it sounded silly the first time I heard it mentioned around here, but they are necessary for doing burnouts.
I think I could get the front tires off the ground with the right clutch and a properly adjusted upper 3rd link.
Nice #'s. Don't worry something else will break and then something else and then... You get the idea and have fun spending and fixing. I thought this was your daily driver? I think there might be a reason you do not see the 05's w/ blowers going down the track. Those w/o a built bottom end.
Old 3/13/05, 07:07 PM

It is a daily driver. That's why I won't ever have this car modded like those 11 second cars. I already have 11,000 miles on it.

So, the future holds: Upgraded, repairable 10.5" clutch, flywheel, pressure plate. line locs. upper 3rd link-to bring the nose down at launch. Headers and exhaust already on order-then a custom tune. The only thing left for me is either something related to a break and a blower, which I won't do until I feel the bugs are worked out (maybe 1 year). I also want to let the aftermarket catch up on product needed to handle the blower's potential.
Old 3/13/05, 07:20 PM
Bullitt Member

11,000 MILES!!!! Already? Did you drive to Cali and back? Seriously, going to the track and trying to go faster and faster is like a drug. You can never get enough. Trust me more and more things will break. You fix those and then want to go faster and add more and so on. But your money and your car. Been there, done that, and have seen worse.

But 12's already, wow! Congrats to you David! I think if you take it further you could have 11's. But that requires more mod's to the car, and I think some sort of rollbar. What shop do you have the work being done at?
Old 3/14/05, 11:57 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
awesome numbers. Keep up the good work.
Old 3/14/05, 12:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 169stang@March 13, 2005, 4:47 PM
[attachmentid=14604]This is a pic of a "2005 9 second mustang" in the works. I didn't get a pic of the blower for some dumb reason. You can see the outlet on the blower just above the piece of paper on the radiator. It is a vortech about 12" tall. It's mounted at the middle/bottom of the radiator. I apologize for not taking note to who was building it. I honestly to pay too much attention to what guys are doing like this. To me, it's really just the body of a 2005. Anyone can shove some ponies onto a chassis and put whatever body on it. I mostly like N/A cars. Blowers/Turbos are of interest as well. Don't car alot about NOS either. For me it seems kinda like cheating.
169Stang,
Unless I miss my guess, that is the BMR 7 second project car and the "blower" is really a large turbo. Check out this page and see if you agree.
Again, congrats on being the first TMS '05 member to hit the 12's

The Boss Hog
Old 3/14/05, 06:32 PM

Yes Mr. Hog, that's the ride! I thought the brochure said 9 sec but I stand corrected. It is a massive Turbo-atleast the biggest I've ever seen. If it makes you feel any better, they were selling those LCA's for $90 at the show. That sort of aggravated me, considering what I paid for the Steeda ones. I guess impatience can cost you (referring to myself). BMR had a nice booth and quite a bit of product. Maybe someone can slap first 12 sec pony on the TMS on my avatar. Maybe that's pushing it?
Originally posted by The Boss Hog+March 14, 2005, 1:34 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Boss Hog @ March 14, 2005, 1:34 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-169stang@March 13, 2005, 4:47 PM
[attachmentid=14604]This is a pic of a "2005 9 second mustang" in the works. I didn't get a pic of the blower for some dumb reason. You can see the outlet on the blower just above the piece of paper on the radiator. It is a vortech about 12" tall. It's mounted at the middle/bottom of the radiator. I apologize for not taking note to who was building it. I honestly to pay too much attention to what guys are doing like this. To me, it's really just the body of a 2005. Anyone can shove some ponies onto a chassis and put whatever body on it. I mostly like N/A cars. Blowers/Turbos are of interest as well. Don't car alot about NOS either. For me it seems kinda like cheating.
169Stang,
Unless I miss my guess, that is the BMR 7 second project car and the "blower" is really a large turbo. Check out this page and see if you agree.
Again, congrats on being the first TMS '05 member to hit the 12's

The Boss Hog
[/b][/quote]
Old 3/14/05, 08:05 PM
FR500 Member

Maybe someone can slap first 12 sec pony on the TMS on my avatar. Maybe that's pushing it? I'll second that!

I mostly like N/A cars. Blowers/Turbos are of interest as well. Don't car alot about NOS either. For me it seems kinda like cheating. I'll second that too!
Old 3/14/05, 09:50 PM
Cobra Member

:worship: Man David, great time's!! :worship: I've got a lot of work and catching up to do!
Old 3/15/05, 07:41 AM
GT Member

I was there & saw your car run, it looks & sounds great, I was going to come & say hello but after the clutch problem didn't see you again. Congrats on some outstanding times

BTW I was talking to the guys on the SPEC clutch stand & they have an 05 replacement unit already available as a stage 2.
Old 3/15/05, 07:59 AM

After the clutch issue, I parked it up by a buddy's trailer down by the ET signs. He was running the torch red 05 (smokin racin). I was pretty aggravated! I then walked around looking for a clutch. I talked to those guys at spec for awhile. They were trying to sell me an all aluminum setup. I don't think all aluminum would be good for this car. You loose inertia from the steel when going to aluminum. If I understand it correctly, you need to be pushing 480 hp to make up for the loss. They wanted $670 for the whole setup. I'm waiting on my buddy to get me the right clutch setup. You should have banged on my window or something. I wouldn't have bitten your head off. What the heck were you doing there anyways? Don't you live in England or is that just were you're from? Thanks on the compliments!
Old 3/15/05, 08:16 AM
GT Member

I sure do live in England! This is the Fifth time I have attended either this or the FFW race in Orlando. It is not too expensive & makes for a great few days away. I am planning mods for my soon to be here 05 right now! Maybe catch up with you next year....