GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

WMS install pic

Search this Thread

Old 9/8/05, 09:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heres the pic of the WMS intake installed. I think its a very clean looking setup. Haven't taken it out on the street yet. It's in the shop after being hit 60+ mph from some chick blowing a light, back re-enforcer was shredded, and right quarter panel buckled in. Frame was saved though. But anywho thought I'd install this.

INstall: Honestly I didnt' like the instructions from WMS. All Text and like 4 useless pics.

Puttin the parts together were easy as was removal. however mounting and draining the coolan tank was a bit of a hassle especially splicing the wires..... very tedious. Overall time of install was about 40 min. Just alot of tedious things. But overall I love the look, cant wait to feel the gains when I drive it! Anyone have any questions I'd love to help.
Old 9/8/05, 09:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Did you get it straight from WMS or as a kit from BRENSPEED or another dealer? Even though it doesn't need it . . . got a tune for it yet? If so, from who?
Old 9/8/05, 09:34 PM

I got it straight from WMS, talked to shannon. No I didnt tune it yet. I wouldnt know how really. and dont know of any dealers. I did start the car however, and no light went on. ran smooth for 5 mins, sounded nice.
Old 9/8/05, 09:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Klassicyoung@September 8, 2005, 8:37 PM
I got it straight from WMS, talked to shannon. No I didnt tune it yet. I wouldnt know how really. and dont know of any dealers. I did start the car however, and no light went on. ran smooth for 5 mins, sounded nice.
BRENSPEED is the only dealer I know of right now who offers a tune, it's for the Xcalibrator. BamaChips is supposed to have something soon for the Xcal as well.

Welcome to TMS . . . BTW!
Old 9/9/05, 08:22 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Klassicyoung@September 8, 2005, 11:25 PM
Heres the pic of the WMS intake installed. I think its a very clean looking setup. Haven't taken it out on the street yet. It's in the shop after being hit 60+ mph from some chick blowing a light, back re-enforcer was shredded, and right quarter panel buckled in. Frame was saved though. But anywho thought I'd install this.

INstall: Honestly I didnt' like the instructions from WMS. All Text and like 4 useless pics.

Puttin the parts together were easy as was removal. however mounting and draining the coolan tank was a bit of a hassle especially splicing the wires..... very tedious. Overall time of install was about 40 min. Just alot of tedious things. But overall I love the look, cant wait to feel the gains when I drive it! Anyone have any questions I'd love to help.

Welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear about your car and hope it will be back to health soon. So, 40 minutes is all it took for the install? You have an impact wrench and air tools don't you j/k. I'm going to be installing mine this weekend and am a novice so it's good to see it's a quick install. Or are you an ASE tech?
Old 9/9/05, 09:05 AM

Lol, I'm no ASE tech. I do alot of custom lighting for buddies cars thats about it. I was really confused the whole process. It was all done with a basic box of hand tools for like $20 lol. Just a socket wrench, screwdriver, crimper. to me it was just tedious.
Old 9/9/05, 11:57 AM
Team Mustang Source

Thanks!

Have you taken it out yet on the road? Thoughts, sights, sounds?
Old 9/12/05, 07:39 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by Klassicyoung@September 8, 2005, 10:25 PM

40 minutes!!!

Sombody quick... Call GM... I found Mr. Goodwrench!

I've been working on this for nearly 2 hours, the last 40 minutes alone I've spent trying to get the WMS radiator hose to connect to the bottom of the coolant resivoir. :bang: Anyone got a tip on how to do this? I've put a dab of WD40 on the neck of the coolant resivoir, I've got a small set of Vise-Grips on the clamp, and pushing and twisting w/ all my might I can't get it on. So.. any tips??? Please?
Old 9/12/05, 08:11 PM
Bullitt Member

These kits are going to be popular I predict...

Enjoy
Old 9/12/05, 10:01 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by 05GT-O.C.D.@September 12, 2005, 9:42 PM
40 minutes!!!

Sombody quick... Call GM... I found Mr. Goodwrench!

I've been working on this for nearly 2 hours, the last 40 minutes alone I've spent trying to get the WMS radiator hose to connect to the bottom of the coolant resivoir. :bang: Anyone got a tip on how to do this? I've put a dab of WD40 on the neck of the coolant resivoir, I've got a small set of Vise-Grips on the clamp, and pushing and twisting w/ all my might I can't get it on. So.. any tips??? Please?

John, you're on the right track. Just saw this post now so maybe you finished this already? But I too had to use some spray on lubricant to wiggle the WMS hose to attach to the top portion of the coolant reservoir. I sprayed the WMS hose so the clamp would easily slide over it.

Hang in there!
Old 9/12/05, 10:22 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks Mike, but I'm done for the night. Off to Lowe's tomorrow to buy some wire loom and a screw style hose clamp. I think the WMS hoses are a better quality / thicker hose than OEM and the OEM clamp just won't get over that edge.
Old 9/12/05, 10:35 PM
Team Mustang Source

If you haven't done the splicing with the heat shrink connector step yet you might want to pick up a couple extra heat shrink connectors. WMS only gives the exact number needed, none extra. I clamped one down and it didn't catch the wire. The wire came out (gentle tug test) and since the connector was already clamped down I couldn't insert the wire back and it was ruined. I was lucky Autozone was open still on a Sunday or I would've been up the river without the proverbial paddle.

I agree about the hose and clamps. The stock hose clamps are doo doo when compared to a screw style hose clamp.
Old 9/13/05, 05:20 AM
V6 Member

Hi Guys,
I installed mine with the Ram Air Box last tuesday afternoon in the parking lot of the condo I live in.Took a few minutes to digest the instructions and proceeded to start the insatll.>I didn't use a drain pan or crawl under the car to find the petcock.I undid the tank removed the overflow tube and drained the tank that way.Then undid the hose clamp and pulled the hose off and drained down the level until I could remove the hose and relocate everything.Little extra time but it worked for me.I too had issues with the crimp on connectors didnot feel like the connectins were tight enough so I got out the old trusty solidering iron and made sure the connections are solid.used swrink tubing and a heat gun to seal the connection.Turned the key and and started the engine NO lights or problems.Sounded good.I diidn't tune it as yet but first time out on the street I could tell the difference right away.Pulled really strong all the way up to 6,000rpm's actually started to breake loose the 275/50's which never happened with the stock air box.All in all I think it looks awesome and run's great.Think I'll wait until spring to retune .Give the all a chance to come up with better tunes by then.
Old 9/13/05, 11:04 AM
Bullitt Member

Since I'm being lazy and not looking myself, what size hose clamps did you need? I pick up a few to have on hand before I start...

Got my new ram air plate yesterday along with a bill from UPS for customs or something like that... Did everyone else get one of those as well?

Mike E
Old 9/13/05, 11:25 AM
Bullitt Member

I just received mine today and I didn't get a bill from UPS. What did you pay for shipping?

I paid $46 for expedited to avoid the brokerage fees.
Old 9/13/05, 02:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by mikeelia@September 13, 2005, 1:07 PM
Since I'm being lazy and not looking myself, what size hose clamps did you need? I pick up a few to have on hand before I start...

Got my new ram air plate yesterday along with a bill from UPS for customs or something like that... Did everyone else get one of those as well?

Mike E

Mike, I re-used the pita stock hose clamps so I don't know which ones to pick up aftermarket.

I didn't get a bill from UPS either. Just the charge on my c/c from WMS.

Mike
Old 9/14/05, 05:10 AM
V6 Member

Yesteday I receive in the mail from UPS a Brokerage Fee due from me to UPS in amount of $9.45.Wasn't expecting anythang like that above and beyound the normal fees but then again this is the first time I haved ordered something from out of the USA.