GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Where is Doug/Bamachips this weeK?

Search this Thread

Old 3/23/07, 08:54 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe he should hire some part time help, Brenspeed did. If I go to a store and can't get waited on I leave and go some place where I do. His tunes are good but there not gold. I have used his and Brenspeeds, I can't tell the difference, Brenspeed is available, will answer the phone and return e-mails within a day, I now use him.
Old 3/23/07, 09:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well I for one stand behind him...he has always answered my calls and emails. He has helped me sooo many times and I never even got my X-ca; from him. I got it from Brenspeed ( who never returned my emails). So please keep in mind how helpful he has been here and so many other forums.
Old 3/23/07, 09:04 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 555
Any idea on how long it takes to get a tune file from him? I ordered mine on tuesday and no sign of it just yet, but I think it says it may take a week.
Doug is a one man shop. You should have your tune within a week unless he is out of town and someone said he is working a show. By the way hop on it is the same a PDQ lol
Old 3/23/07, 09:09 PM
Cobra R Member

well this is gettin beatin to death, let doug handledit I guess cause whatever we say he is frustrated. If you cant wait I guess give another place a call. good luck
Old 3/23/07, 09:47 PM
Former Vendor

I know we got 4 phone lines at our shop plus fax and CC machine line, 4 employees at this location, and sometimes it still takes us a good 30 minutes to return messages. Sometimes all three numbers are busy for hours at a time. If I stop out to pick something up I can't even get ahold of the shop! I have to call cell phones!

I can't imagine a 1 man operation. He's probably swamped! Which is great, but it takes a lot out of you!

CR
Old 3/24/07, 05:24 AM

Keep in mind guys that Dougs business is in its early stages and growing pains are involved. I had mentioned to Doug many months ago in a passing phone conversation that when people call in to Bama Chips they want to talk to the MAN...not a helper.....Plus employees are costly.....Also keep in mind we dont know Doug's plans for his business maybe he wants to keep is relatively small....cause if you want something done right you have to do it yourself....that personnal touch is always better.....I know the frustration of many who can not get a hold of him but he will respond to you....he has with me it just takes a little more time.
FordPwr
Old 3/24/07, 01:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Just got back from the Pensacola Mustang show, but sadly Doug was unable to make it. He did email me his regrets however, so I know he is sorting through all his emails and phone messages as best as he can I did get to see Project Source Horse--it looks great but I didn't see Brad himself.
Old 3/24/07, 02:51 PM

Final heard from Doug. I look forward to using his knowledge.
Old 3/28/07, 09:27 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RedDragon777
yeah but it is true, bamachips is a one man show, Granatelli has people so does Brenspeed and alot of other places, Doug has to do all of the work by himself so making out orders and all that takes time, and the phone thing, if you leave him a messege he will get back to you
I disagree with the "doug has to do all of the work himself" line. Doug may choose to do this, but I don't think he HAS TO! All sucessful businessmen reach a point where they have to decide to expand their stress/staff levels. Even if that's just hiring a young person to answer and return phone calls 4 hours per day it would be a tremendous service to customers. Further if business is so good he doesn't have time to answer calls, then he can't afford not to do this. Take care of your customers and they will multiply. Don't and they will leave.

Paying, training, monitoring staff is a pain in the rump, but it's the nature of being/staying in business. I have dougs tune and it's great, I've praised it over and over WOW!!!!. That said, I definately had some frustration over getting returned e-mails.

Now I have a problem with a "RUNNING TOO LEAN" code. This is an issue of is my car drivable not wanting a few extra hp. I hope my call is returned quickly and not just eventually. Come on doug I'm rooting for you.
Old 3/28/07, 02:31 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
just got off the phone with doug. QUICK QUICK QUICK return of calls. I hope I'm not the only one getting lucky. THANKS DOUG!
Old 3/29/07, 09:44 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey guys,

I'm truly sorry for the delays in both emails and phone calls. It seems that everytime someone calls everyone calls and then my phone wont ring for two hours. I do hate to put someone on hold when I'm talking with them but I guess I have no choice.

I have been responding to everyones messages as I know I've cleaned out my inbox yet again last night about 2am. This is the best way to reach me for now. I promise you you will get a responce from me on it.

Right now it is the busy season. Tax refunds, racing season openers and so on are just making everything crazy. I do have a employee now but he's mainly outside on the dyno. I am trying to teach him some of the ins and outs of tuning but as I've learned there's no fast way to do so.

I do apologize for the delays as this year has simply been unlike any other. Call any one and you'll see that for some reason it has been absolutly wonderful with all of the business but just trying to keep up with it all is the hard part.

Still, if you have ANY questions feel free to call me at 205-302-0231 or email me at Info@bamachips.com. I'm working on having a second line installed too.

As for posting on forums, or even reviewing posts for now I just can't. I dont have time between emails and phone calls so if you have something important in a post please email me a link and I will review it from there.

Thanks, Doug.

My Dyno has business has taken off too but I've actually limited it to Saturdays ONLY, this way I can be inside to answer phone calls and emails.
Old 3/29/07, 11:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

Hey all I can say is Doug is the man. Hey if we have to wait for something so be it. Sometimes one has to wait to get the best service available. He has always been helpful and has ALWAYS called me back. The other day he stayed on the phone with me while I downloaded the software I needed to get my x-cal working and it took a while. Trust me. So for me anyway, I think his service is worth a little wait.