GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Wheel Hop Problems.

Search this Thread

Old 2/13/07, 02:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It seems that I am not the only one who has a hard time believing your numbers. Here is why.
Just because the manufacturer claims a "8hp gain" does not really mean you will see it on a dyno. Sure, they probably tested A car that made an 8hp gain with that tube, but it might have been a 900hp twin turbo car with the stock intake system. Adding the high flow tube to that car will make a definite increase. Adding that tube to a basically stock Mustang GT with an already upgraded CAI, not much gain. Same for mufflers. The stock mufflers are already very high flow, in fact many drag racers still use them because there is ALMOST NO HP GAIN IN AFTERMARKET MUFFLERS. Once again, there might have been a 5hp gain on a 74 Chevette with an extremely restrictive stock muffler, and now they can claim a 5hp increase.

Point is, not every mod actually gains as much as the manufacturer claims it does on every car. Judging by what other people have gained from the same mods you have, you are not at 59hp increase.

Not trying to continue the argument, just trying to help you understand why we don't think you are at the HP you think you are at.
Old 2/13/07, 02:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Well if he has the Borla catback, I can see where the gains come from because I have it too, and the stock overaxle pipes are kinked and flattened compared to the Borlas. Anyway my mods are listed on the domain page and I'm at 303/318 and that's with a custom, dyno-tune at Brenspeed's shop.

Eitherway, I don't care how much power he has........

Regarding the wheelhop, Steeda LCAs cured 99.9% of it in my situation. They were one of the best $200 I've spent on the car.
Old 2/13/07, 04:13 PM

Back on topic... wheel hop is good for 15-20rwhp.

Why do some people insist on arguing about hp numbers? And even more ridiculous... bragging about it? Dyno numbers prove absolutely nothing... and "estimated" dyno numbers prove less than nothing.
Old 2/13/07, 08:03 PM
Big Falken Tires

as for the 235s vs 245s, I believe with the stock ride height of the S197s, they were trying to fill up the wheel wells - so with a thinner tire, they can easily go taller.
Old 2/13/07, 08:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks to those who stayed on topic

If i can lower the car and go wider on tires to get rid of the Texas Two Step i will. I'll probably look at the Eibach Sportlines. I saw some other threads and they look really nice as well as invest in a adjustable panhard if it doesn't come with it. Follow that up with some wider tires to further enhance (and in my case just give traction) so that it will grip and reduce the odds of wheel hop even greater.

One thing i have been reading and hear about max tire width. Now i'm not one to take the car to high speeds but will 245 or even 255 put so much pressure on the sidewall that i would be risking a blow out at high speeds or compromise cornering?
Old 2/14/07, 12:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is why I don't play the numbers game. My thing is, what does she run? Nice info on the wheel hop though.