GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

What is and is not necessary for improved street manners?

Search this Thread

Old 8/24/06, 08:50 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is and is not necessary for improved street manners?

Hello everyone!

Just curious, what is and is not necessary for improved street manners? I'm most likely not ever going to race the car, I just want a better handling machine for driving everyday. I was thinking of putting the following on FRPP Strut Tower Brace and the Roush Handling Pack w/their Billet Lower Control Arms. Am I missing something that I could benefit from? What items are not necessary?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Jon
Old 8/24/06, 12:34 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking my .02

Originally Posted by Jon_Purdy
Hello everyone!

Just curious, what is and is not necessary for improved street manners? I'm most likely not ever going to race the car, I just want a better handling machine for driving everyday. I was thinking of putting the following on FRPP Strut Tower Brace and the Roush Handling Pack w/their Billet Lower Control Arms. Am I missing something that I could benefit from? What items are not necessary?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Jon
If I had it to do over (these packages were not out then). I might go with either the Steeda or FRPP packs. They are a basic upgrade that is well matched. I kinda drifted in mine. I wanted mine lowered, then the LCA's were a problem, so I did BMR LCA's.. I think for most of us, Strut Tower braces are just dress ups.

I think unless you are a weekend racer of sorts, most mods are for talking about rights. I did this or that at a show or get together.

I like the new mustang lowered, so I suggest that one. Spend you money on performance mods that is fun to play with at lights: CAI and Tune, FRPP 4.10's, LT Headers, axel back mufflers, hurst shifters.

These are expensive, but fun to play with in normal driving. I do notice the BMR LCA's has gotten rid of the wheel hop.

Besides, doing mods are fun.