GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Western Motor Sports C A I

Search this Thread

Old 5/31/06, 02:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Western Motor Sports C A I

Was wondering if anyone has one of these or any feed back on it ??????? I am thinking of buying one and wanted some feed back
Old 5/31/06, 08:37 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by fordcrazy
Was wondering if anyone has one of these or any feed back on it ??????? I am thinking of buying one and wanted some feed back
How about this... I did a lot of research on it and couldn't find anything bad about it. It seems to have very good HP gains and a nice "ram air box". I want to see how people like it in the long run. I have a K&N now and will wait until warranty is up to explore other things.
Old 5/31/06, 08:42 PM
Bullitt Member

If I'm not mistaken...some members had purchased it in the past and saw no added air flow vs any other CAI. But I do belive that some had modded with a heat shield of some sort on the underside and air temps proved to be colder than most others...

I could be wrong, but thats the last I remmber reading on this subject...this was some months ago, though
Old 5/31/06, 08:45 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
LOTS of us on here have it. There was a group buy. I've got mine, love it. It definately gets the most looks at car shows than any other CAI, and as far as performance, it's as good as any, but not much better than most.
Old 6/1/06, 08:12 AM
Cobra R Member

wms / heres the answers you want.

Well here is the link, where most of the cai's were all tested, and dynoed. Will give you the numbers and all info you want. good luck
http://mustang50magazine.com/techart...ld_air_intake/
Old 6/1/06, 12:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

I have one and love it. While not the most HP producing model out there (I think the JLT is the best?) it definitely produces nice results.

And as 05GT-O.C.D said, it gets the most looks at car shows. Last week I was parked next to 94tbird at a cruise in and I was amazed at how many people mulled around my car admiring it/asking about it. I was amazed because Ron had just installed his Kenne Bell supercharger and I was getting just as much attention.
Old 6/4/06, 06:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Cool thanks

thanks for the info guys , alot of help .
I will go with it fir sure now , the feed back was great . I have a California dreamin hood and am plannining to modify it for use with the intake
Old 6/4/06, 07:52 PM
Bullitt Member

so they didnt tune the WMS intake and got that kind of power from it last time i dynoed HP was 259 and TQ was 259
Old 6/5/06, 11:01 AM
Cobra R Member

are there any other compnies making the same type of intake as the western?

just wondering. Also are most people running the 80mm throttle body, or the 95mm body.

when i buy mine i am going to get apower programmer at the same time, so my car will be chipped at the same time.
Old 6/5/06, 01:54 PM
Bullitt Member

I have had mine for about 4 months. It is the 80mm. I like the fact that intake temps go down faster. I did not like having to cut wires to install. It is also expensive. You really need the box with it. 500.00+ is alot for a CAI. That being said, I like the looks and the service was very good.
Old 6/5/06, 02:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Karl,
How are you going to modify your Ca Dream hood? It will be easy to block off the factory opening, maybe screw on a piece of aluminum? But how are you going to cut into the hood between the scoops? I've spent time on my back staring at it, not wanting to weaken the hood any more than it is. How about bonding on aluminum with holes in it to strengthen the fiberglass? Gosh, all I need is money.
Old 6/8/06, 01:21 PM
Bullitt Member

well I broke down and ordered the kit with the ram air adapter . I will block off my exsisting ram air opening , and try and figure a way to open the hood up just above the filter . I will let you guys know how it works out
Old 6/8/06, 02:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds great Karl! Can't wait to see the results! Just wondering...are you getting my email? You're not the only one not responding, so I am thinking maybe its just not working? Had to ask...
Old 6/9/06, 01:01 PM
Bullitt Member

I've had mine since October. Works great.

Don't forget the Prefilter from Outerwears. It keeps the bugs and stuff off the filter. Much easier to clean.

I also have the 95mm MAF meter. It's overkill and not much difference then the gains using the 80mm meter. I had my tunes done by Brent at Brenspeed.com. He has this setup and has done some testing with both the 80mm and 95mm meters.

I added the heat shield tape and sheeting to the underside of the tray. The tray is only warm to the touch when you open the hood after driving for awhile. I'd bet with the Cal Dream Ram hood or the Fang Performance Mystery 8 hood you could dump the air right into the tray. I'm patiently waiting for the Mystery 8 hood to try with the WMS tray.

Cutting and spicing the MAF wiring is the only real down fall of this CAI. Get a MAF extension so you only have to do 6 splices instead of 12.

hags1
Attached Thumbnails Western Motor Sports C A I-under-hood-2.jpg   Western Motor Sports C A I-under-hood-3.jpg   Western Motor Sports C A I-wms-intake-95mm-meter3.jpg   Western Motor Sports C A I-wms-meter-compare.jpg  
Old 6/9/06, 01:44 PM
Cobra R Member

I wonder if there would be any market for a plug and play MAF extension. I don't want to cut wires to install this peice.

I think one of the reasons for it to be so expensive is the relocation of the coolant overflow tank.
Old 6/9/06, 02:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Cool waitin

sitting here waiting for this think to show up , man its killing me . I might go start pulling the over flow tank . then with my luck it wont get here till monday
Old 6/11/06, 09:43 AM
Bullitt Member

Man paid western motorsports extra , for a 2 day delivery and they parts still arent here . I called ups yesterday , they said since Canada is a international shipment I the packages had to go through customs , that blows the whole idae about 2 day shipping , wish they would have told me that
Old 6/11/06, 10:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

Doug, from Bamachips, also has tunes set up for these intakes as well.
Old 6/12/06, 07:26 PM
Bullitt Member

I wonder if there would be any market for a plug and play MAF extension. I don't want to cut wires to install this peice.
If there was one out there I probably would have bought this unit over the C&L. I mean these guys are only 10 minutes from my house and it's a good looking unit but I didn't want to cut wires.
Old 6/12/06, 08:11 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Sounds like I should hunt down the connectors. I do cable wiring for work all the time. I just need parts. Hmmmm.
If I can find the connectors, I can build it.

Quick Reply: Western Motor Sports C A I