GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Warranty Question

Search this Thread

Old 1/26/07, 02:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Warranty Question

I'm having some brake problems that should be covered by the warranty. Will they still cover that even though I have a CAI and Tune on the motor? Or should I return things to stock before I take it in?
Old 1/26/07, 03:07 PM
Cobra Member

What kind of brake problems are warranty work?

If you don't have any aftermarket brake parts on the car, you shouldn't worry about it.
Old 1/26/07, 03:08 PM
Cobra R Member

They should cover it, as brakes have nothing to do with a tune and intake.
Old 1/26/07, 03:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I'd still go back to stock if it's not a Mod friendly stealership. You may have to go back for some different warranty work and they may annotate that you've modded the car. Just a thought...
Old 1/26/07, 03:27 PM
Cobra R Member

True, and actually, I would take the tune out. They may "see" the tune if they have to tap into the car's computer through the OBD port (ie-for ABS issues).
Old 1/26/07, 05:05 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,008 Likes on 1,625 Posts
Well here we go again..As for all the newer members ? you can find all the answers to you're questions by going to the search tab and then type in warranty as this topic has been debated on this forum time and time again.
Old 1/27/07, 08:02 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
Well here we go again..As for all the newer members ? you can find all the answers to you're questions by going to the search tab and then type in warranty as this topic has been debated on this forum time and time again.
And it probably would have taken the same time you spent to write your reply, as it would have if you just answered his question.
Old 1/27/07, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by freebass55
And it probably would have taken the same time you spent to write your reply, as it would have if you just answered his question.
Well being that you already answered his question, what would have been the point ? as I more than likely would have provided him with the same answer anyhow.. Just as you said, if he doesn't have aftermarket brake parts installed he really nothing to be concerned about which pretty much about says it all now doesn't it ? But I'll take a crack at it anyway
Old 1/27/07, 10:32 PM

Hi 06 legend and welcome to TMS.. As for your brake problems that your having ? yes they should be covered under warranty and no dealership can legally void a Ford manufactures warranty period..The dealership in question has to go through Ford corporate itself and then has to prove that an aftermarket part was directly responsible for causing the warranted part or parts in question to fail..in other words your factory warranty cannot be voided for just installing an aftermarket part..However, a dealership can refuse to service your vehicle under a warranty claim if your aftermarket part is again directly responsible for the failure..Therefore here's what I would do if in your situation ? if the dealer knows that you have aftermarket parts on your car and doesn't come across as having an attitude problem towards you ? then I'd give your service tech a phone call and seek his advice and usually if the aftermarket parts in question aren't directly related to your brake parts ? he'll more than likely tell you that it's not necessary to un-install them unless their happens to be a Vice President or someone from Ford corporate who may be visiting the dealership..On the other hand ? if your particular dealership happens to be one of those bone headed types that are strictly by the book ? then I would do everything humanly possible to insure that you return your car back to stock condition before taking it in for servicing regardless of whether your getting warranty work done or not just in order to avoid any type of hassles for your own piece of mind..Anyway ? hope this answers some of your questions and wish you nothing but the very best..
Old 1/27/07, 10:51 PM
Cobra Member

Well being that you already answered his question, what would have been the point ? as I more than likely would have provided him with the same answer anyhow..
If that is the case, why did you feel the need to post in this thread?

Hi 06 legend, as for you brake problems your having ? yes they are covered under warranty and no dealership can void a Ford manufactures warranty period..the dealership in question has to go through Ford corporate itself and then has to prove that an aftermarket part was directly responsible for causing the warranted part or parts in question to fail..in other words your factory warranty cannot be voided for just installing an aftermarket part..However, a dealership can refuse to service your vehicle under a warranty claim if your aftermarket part is again directly responsible for the failure..Therefore here's what I would do if in your situation ? if the dealer knows that you have aftermarket parts on your car and doesn't come across as having an attitude problem towards you ? then I'd give your service tech a phone call and seek his advice and usually if the aftermarket parts in question aren't directly related to your brake parts ? he'll more than likely tell you that it's not necessary to un-install them unless their happens to be a Vice President or someone from Ford corporate who may be visiting the dealership..On the other hand ? if your particular dealership happens to be one of those bone headed types that are strictly by the book ? then I would do everything humanly possible to insure that you return your car back to stock condition before taking it in for servicing regardless of whether your getting warranty work done or not just in order to avoid any type of hassles for your own piece of mind..Anyway ? hope this answers some of your questions and wish you nothing but the very best..
Now, that was a good answer , how hard was that?
Old 1/27/07, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by freebass55
If that is the case, why did you feel the need to post in this thread?

Now, that was a good answer , how hard was that?
Here's why I didn't want to answer. because every time I post an opinion on this topic it starts nothing but arguments and finger pointing and if you had bothered to look at any of my past threads, posts ect. you would know exactly why I advised our new member to try the search tab..Now you just watch all the negative comments start up all over again..however after reading your comment ? I though about it and felt that I had to do something to help so let's just hope that I was able to accomplish just that.
Old 1/28/07, 12:05 AM
Cobra Member

WOOW who forgeting about past posts and everyting. I never take a chance, I return my car back to stock minus the axlebacks evertime I go in for service. Which means putting the stock CAI back in, and putting the stock tune back in... and most importantly.... DISCONNECTING THE BATTERY for about 20 min. This wipes the computer and if they give you any greef just say the you left your flashers on and it went dead. Hope that helps!
Old 1/28/07, 12:30 AM

It helps in more ways than you realize