GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Vortec Project Mustang 192MPH?

Search this Thread

Old 9/30/05, 10:43 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Read up in one of their ads that they were able to get their project car up to 192 before hitting the rev limiter in 5th gear using only a stock engine and a Vortec supercharger setup.

Now it lists the torque for the car at 550ft lbs, which obviously appears to be above what is listed for their supercharger system for even their high output 05' kit.

At that kind of power level, they must've definitely did something to beef up the lower end, but they don't specify what that is. Octane rating must be in the 100 range, and possible use of a Methanol injection (just guessing).

My question here is if anyone knows of where I can find more information on their project car, and what they did to truely reach that 192 MPH mark?
Old 9/30/05, 11:24 AM
Bullitt Member

Lots of boost, like 18lbs or something. The kit on the car is not available I beleive to the public either.
Old 9/30/05, 11:30 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by Sonic Brew@September 30, 2005, 10:27 AM
Lots of boost, like 18lbs or something. The kit on the car is not available I beleive to the public either.
Not too suprising. I'm just curious as to what they did to beef up the engine. Forged internals, better flywheel, etc.

From all I've gleaned, once you push past 525hp, those items really need to be addressed, or else you're going to have issues.

Sure hope someone can help me out here, I'm curious to know what they did to the 3v?
Old 9/30/05, 03:27 PM
V6 Member

The engine was stock. We did have some good gas and no meth or alch. We had a T-Trim running 17 psi and some big fuel rails. Now also keep in mind that with this combo we only had dyno runs (more than a few) the R&T article and some after dyno runs. Then we tuned the beast back down for an edmunds.com article. This combo may or may not have lasted long with continual beating, but who knows???
Old 9/30/05, 04:02 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by forced@September 30, 2005, 2:30 PM
The engine was stock. We did have some good gas and no meth or alch. We had a T-Trim running 17 psi and some big fuel rails. Now also keep in mind that with this combo we only had dyno runs (more than a few) the R&T article and some after dyno runs. Then we tuned the beast back down for an edmunds.com article. This combo may or may not have lasted long with continual beating, but who knows???
Interesting!

If you had to go back and 'touch up' the engine or tranny issues to make it stay relatively safe at that level of power, do you have any recommendations?

With the amount of research that appears to have gone into the project you must've been able to glean where the 3v was lagging as far as what wouldn't hold up under stock conditions with that kind of abuse?