GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Underhood Mod questions...

Search this Thread

Old 10/8/08, 05:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Underhood Mod questions...

I am getting ready to do a major overhaul on my Mustang and had a few questions...

What U/D pulleys to get? BBK or Steeda? Any differences???
Which Delete Plates to get? Economy or Charge Motion Control Plates???

Anyone have a recommended Throttle Body for the S197's? I had a BBK for a little while, but it fail safed on me one day, and I returned it for my money back shortly thereafter. I would like to try one again though, as I really liked the throttle response it gave me.

I think that's about it for now. Will add on to this, if I have any other questions.

Thanks!

Last edited by CrazyGreek89; 10/8/08 at 05:07 PM.
Old 10/8/08, 05:59 PM
Bullitt Member

I went with Steeda pulleys and the econo plates. do you really think you need a bigger throttle body? If so then I would go with the GT500 if any.
Old 10/8/08, 06:02 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by CrazyGreek89
I am getting ready to do a major overhaul on my Mustang and had a few questions...

What U/D pulleys to get? BBK or Steeda? Any differences???
Which Delete Plates to get? Economy or Charge Motion Control Plates???

Anyone have a recommended Throttle Body for the S197's? I had a BBK for a little while, but it fail safed on me one day, and I returned it for my money back shortly thereafter. I would like to try one again though, as I really liked the throttle response it gave me.

I think that's about it for now. Will add on to this, if I have any other questions.

Thanks!
In my opinion:

Steeda UDP
Get the Steeda billet CMDP. Their bored out .07 over stock. You'll lose some low end torque with these those(correct me if I'm wrong)
Don't bother with a throttle body. Do gears instead or something. You can spend your money else where or just save it. Unless your doing some crazy HP numbers the stock one is perfectly fine.
Old 10/8/08, 06:59 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by JonCo
In my opinion:

Steeda UDP
Get the Steeda billet CMDP. Their bored out .07 over stock. You'll lose some low end torque with these those(correct me if I'm wrong)
Don't bother with a throttle body. Do gears instead or something. You can spend your money else where or just save it. Unless your doing some crazy HP numbers the stock one is perfectly fine.
Yeah, what he said.
Old 10/8/08, 07:04 PM
I don't do trannies
or rear-ends anymore!

Don't waist your money on a TB until/if you go f/i a good/custom tune will do the same thing

And +1 for BBK pullies

Last edited by EagleStroker; 10/8/08 at 07:10 PM.
Old 10/8/08, 07:09 PM
Cobra Member

Steeda Pullies, Economy Plates.
Old 10/8/08, 08:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EagleStroker
Don't waist your money on a TB until/if you go f/i a good/custom tune will do the same thing
+1000... the stock TB worked fine for me all the way up to 12 psi boost. Only above that did it become a restriction.
Old 10/11/08, 02:54 AM
SUPERCHARGED RED ROCKET ------------------Master-Moderator

Received 2,244 Likes on 1,794 Posts
I've had my Steeda Pulleys for well over 2 years, and haven't experienced any problems whatsoever. I also gained 10 RWHP on the dyno as well.
Old 10/11/08, 11:13 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by JonCo
In my opinion:

Steeda UDP
So...do the economy plates have low-end torque loss as well? If anything, I want to gain horsepower and torque. That's why I am also contemplating the FRPP Hot Rod Cams until I see a dyno of those!
Old 10/11/08, 01:17 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by CrazyGreek89
So...do the economy plates have low-end torque loss as well? If anything, I want to gain horsepower and torque. That's why I am also contemplating the FRPP Hot Rod Cams until I see a dyno of those!

I believe the econo plates are the same size as the stocker, but with the butterflies removed. I have not noticed an loss what-so-ever down low in the torque or hp categories.