GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Traction Control Auto Off Mod

Search this Thread

Old 11/19/11, 05:28 AM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mrhernanhdz
i have a quick question's on the mini add a fuse did you use two 10 fuse on it? also i see in the fuse 20 pic that there are two fuses circled which one is the better selection top on or bottom? i would appreciate the help thanks in advance.
The number on the fuse along with it's color indicates it's amp rating.

When we say Fuse number 20 in the smart junction box, we are talking about a fuse location. All the fuses in the smart junction box act / and do different things. The lid for the smart junction box should have a map of want number fuse is where.
Fuse number 20 is the upper right hand corner. (there are pictures of the add a fuse installed in this thread).
So,
Put two 10 amp fuses in your add a fuse.
Pull the 10 amp fuse from fuse number 20 location.
Put the add a fuse in fuse location 20 and check it off the to do list.

Originally Posted by mrhernanhdz
also can i use a relay with 12v 30amp 5 terminals? the only one i can find in my local stores :/
Yep, that relay should work fine.
Old 11/19/11, 10:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Steved
The number on the fuse along with it's color indicates it's amp rating.

When we say Fuse number 20 in the smart junction box, we are talking about a fuse location. All the fuses in the smart junction box act / and do different things. The lid for the smart junction box should have a map of want number fuse is where.
Fuse number 20 is the upper right hand corner. (there are pictures of the add a fuse installed in this thread).
So,
Put two 10 amp fuses in your add a fuse.
Pull the 10 amp fuse from fuse number 20 location.
Put the add a fuse in fuse location 20 and check it off the to do list.

Yep, that relay should work fine.

thanks i shall try this mod on my day off. maybe ill make a video on how to do it for others that have trouble with it. with a link to this forum and give credit where credit is due.
Old 11/20/11, 05:26 AM
V6 Member

Oh, and you're supercharged right. The mod will work if you're not but the only reason to do this is to help protect the engine.
Old 11/20/11, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Steved
Oh, and you're supercharged right. The mod will work if you're not but the only reason to do this is to help protect the engine.
no im not supercharged yet its next on my list after the auto to manual swap. i figured there wouldn't be a problem since i always drive it with the tcs off this mod would just take off the hassle of turn it off every time turn the car on.

Last edited by mrhernanhdz; 11/21/11 at 04:48 PM.
Old 2/17/12, 01:07 PM

Anyone know if this mod works for the 2011 / 2012 Mustangs (V8 and V6)? I hope so, cuz I just ordered all of the items needed to do this mod.
Old 2/21/12, 05:18 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Try PM'ing Steved , if anyone would know he would. If you button is a momentary switch like ours , then in principle it seems it should work. I don't know if the fuse you use to send to single to the switch would be the same , it needs to be hot only when the key is in the start position ...
Old 5/3/12, 02:38 PM

Hey guys, I'm trying to do this on my 08. I've tapped into the #15 pin on the radio harness and I've tapped #7 pin on the TCS switch. I've also wired my relay exactly like the diagram in the OP. For some reason though, its not working for me. So far I have gotten it to disable the TCS, but it leaves my button inoperable. My wires are also not the colors that were listed. My TCS wire is pink/yellow. Here are some pictures.

Old 5/5/12, 06:08 AM
V6 Member

Hmmmm... Sorry not to get back to you sooner...
Ok, after much pondering and going all CSI on your photos with photo shop, everything looks good. I'm not sure about the pink/yellow wire color change on the 08 (I don't have the book). Maybe someone with an 08 can chime in.

So to troubleshoot:
1) Confirm pink/yellow is the correct signal wire for 08.
2) Remove your Green wire from the relay pin 30
3) Start car
4) push your TC button
5) Verify TC Off
6) push your TC button
7) Verify TC On
8) Momentarily touch your green wire to ground
9) Verify TC Off
10)Momentarily touch your green wire to ground
11) Verify TC On

If that works let us know and we can go from there.
Old 7/26/13, 12:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 101 Likes on 74 Posts
Don't know how the following would work with these Mustangs .... I just throw it out there

In my former life occupation as a Trooper, in 1998 I got a new 1998 CVPI and the TCS button on it was located in glove box, left side.

Also was a simple jumper plug in a bag with instructions to permanently deactivate it unplug the harness from the button and plug into jumper which closed the circuit between the two wires ... so each time the car was started, it thought you pressed the button and deactivated TCS and a light glowed in the cluster (tape covers).

Most troopers in rural areas deactivated it or learned to live without bootlegs.

I took the step of running two wires from the two leads to a small on/off toggle I mounted under the steering column within easy reach to me and usually I left it in "on" (closed contacts) position so TCS deactivated ..... but by flipping it off- on - off I activated TCS at will or simply left "off" if a snowy day.

Don't know how that would work with these Mustangs .... I just throw it out there.

Our later CVPIs did not have TCS at all ..... TCS was hard on rear brakes and limited a Trooper's options. Local SO kept TCS and forever going through brakes.

Last edited by tbear853; 7/26/13 at 12:24 AM.
Old 7/31/13, 05:23 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
That's pretty much what this does, you connect to a fuse that is only hot when the key is in the start position, which sends a signal to the momentary TCS switch causing it to change from on to off, just as if you had pressed it.
Old 8/16/13, 09:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 05YellowGT
That's pretty much what this does, you connect to a fuse that is only hot when the key is in the start position, which sends a signal to the momentary TCS switch causing it to change from on to off, just as if you had pressed it.
If so ..... just seems to me like my jumper is some simpler? Just choose the two wires from back of momentary TCS switch and tie in and run to a simple on / off toggle.
Flip on and leave it'll turn TCS off at start every time.
Flip off, and then TCS operates from OEM button as intended.
Old 6/7/14, 05:42 PM

Can't you just run a wire from the white/pink wire to a toggle switch and then to ground? Is this not as simple as I think it is?
Old 6/7/14, 09:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Edit .... yeah, looking at his (O.P.) schematic ..... that's what he's doing with a relay.

Last edited by tbear853; 6/7/14 at 09:41 PM.